Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bdcool6 View Post
    Sorry Ezra Miller is not the Flash and never will be. Zack Snyder messed up Batman vs Superman, and his idea of the Flash is wrong. Now DC has to try to work with the formula that is wrong. Grant Gustin is the perfect Flash, has everyone forgotten that the Flash gives the hope? (and is one of the ways he contributes to the JLA) Grant does that, Ezra does not and on top of it he lookes nothing like the flash. DC is best off changing everything when it comes to the Flash. If not it will be another boom.
    His cameo in BvS was great, one of the better received ones, the way he stopped those robbers while shopping seems very Flash like to me.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

If and when Iris is white in this movie will fanb@ys stop with the kvetching?

BANNED

Up and coming? Dude had been around since the '90s. It would be like if that Joe Carnahan Daredevil happened and they called him an up-and-coming director.

This news doesn't really seem all that good, as Dope largely kind of sucked. The only good bit in the whole thing was when they go to the rich kids house and he's kind of doing a scene from Jackie Brown; it's the only time in the whole movie he did something really strong as a director. It's also a part of the movie that doesn't feel anything at all like the rest of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    His cameo in BvS was great, one of the better received ones, the way he stopped those robbers while shopping seems very Flash like to me.
    I'll wait to see him in costume but he looks even less like Barry then Gustin does, and he looks a little too young to be Barry/The Flash.

BANNED

You mean those stupid clips Wonder Woman (and use) watch? Saying somethings of those was the good one isn't really saying anything at all. The Flash clip just had to be better than an increasingly stupid Aquaman clip, and the one with the character most people probably don't even know. Then again, Flash actually had a cameo as the Flash in Batman v Superman...it was so bad I'm sure most people didn't know who it was, or what was even happening in that moment.

Incredible Member

I think this is a great move. My eyes kind of lit up at the headline, and I had absolutely no interest in this film, beforehand.

Dipping my toe into the hot-button discussion of Famuyiwa's ethnicity, I'm just gonna go ahead and admit that I assumed he was Japanese.

Fantastic Member

I've got all of the Flash I can handle on my television for free every Tuesday night. I see no reason why a movie version will be so good that it convinces me to go to a theater to see it when he perfect incarnation of the Flash already exists.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Dope dealt with heavy themes but maintained a sense of fun throughout. I can see this working pretty well, especially if Ezra doesn't go dark and brooding.
    "Dark and brooding" is the DC way unfortunately. WB/DC seems to think that ever character should be virtually the same as Batman. But they'll certainly miss the mark if the Flash movie is dark and colorless.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This is great news. I'm excited for more Flash.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    This debunks that stupid idea that PoC directors can only direct superhero movies with PoC leads. Hell yeah! I think this will be DC's biggest win ever.
    African American director Tim Story did the first two Fantastic Four movies at Fox so a PoC directing a non-PoC property is nothing new. It is rare but not unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    I've got all of the Flash I can handle on my television for free every Tuesday night. I see no reason why a movie version will be so good that it convinces me to go to a theater to see it when he perfect incarnation of the Flash already exists.
    No doubt this is the reason Warner Bros. doesn't allow Batman or Superman to be on TV in any meaningful way. Why Suicide Squad was removed from Arrow. Why no one like Captain America or Iron Man shows up on Agents of SHIELD.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    African American director Tim Story did the first two Fantastic Four movies at Fox so a PoC directing a non-PoC property is nothing new. It is rare but not unheard of.
    Moreso it's rare (statistically) for a minority director to direct anything from a major studio. Especially something with over $100 million budget. So any time a minority (particuarly racial minority like an African American, Asian American, and I've not heard of any Native American directors. Latino American directors do appear to have more leeway in some regards) is given an opportunity like this, it is noteworthy until it isn't.

And as kalorama pointed out on the previous page, I have not really seen anyone argue that point before (given the limited opportunities Black directors have, it would be self-defeating to limit it even further to the small number of lead movie roles given to Black stars).

well this seems very exciting. never heard of this director before, but i googled his "dope" movie and watched the trailer. seems definitely in the veins of what you would expect in a flash style. quick, savvy, and with a heart full of emotion.

will watch the movie this weekend to get more of a feel for the director. it's a bonus that he's also not white. seems wb is going out of their way to diversify the talent leadership for these films. if anything, giving these artists a platform and spotlight usually reserved for white men is a plus.

all in all, it really does look like wb is making it a priority to give each of their tentpole franchises their own "flavor"

All-New Member

Not saying his scene was not good, but the flash is clean cut. His look does not fit the flash. DC seems to want to make all the movies dark, why?

Smile

Jordan Peele Rumored To Direct The Flash & Akira

Following the huge success of Get Out, it's reported WB is courting Jordan Peele for Akira and possibly The Flash movie.

Tracking Board reports the info came out of sources from last night's Cinemacon where it's said Jordan Peele is in talks for the live-action Akira movie, and that talks have been encouraging.

Regarding The Flash movie, which has already gone through three or more directors, it's reported WB could end up asking Jordan Peele to direct it. As of now, it almost seems as if The Flash movie has been put on the back-burner as Ezra Miller is doing other projects and the -script looks to be getting another rewrite (and probably another rewrite when a new director is found). Attention seems to be shifting more toward James Wan and Jason Momoa's Aquaman which is now filming.
    Now that would be different.