Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Ezra Miller's "Flash" Movie Finds a Director in "Dope" Helmer" Rick Famuyiwa

The acclaimed up-and-coming indie director has been tapped to direct the 2018 "Flash" film for Warner Bros.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The acclaimed up-and-coming indie director has been tapped to direct the 2018 "Flash" film for Warner Bros.

Full article here.
    Indie director scares me a bit because it reminds me of Josh Trank. But WB has not had the public quarrels that Fox had

This makes me a 1000% more interested in this movie. Dope was fantastic.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    Indie director scares me a bit because it reminds me of Josh Trank. But WB has not had the public quarrels that Fox had
    Have a gander at James Gunn's filmography.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Have a gander at James Gunn's filmography.
    Oh it can work absolutely. It just always has a downside like with Trank. But it is interesting that WB has been hiring great directors that people like except the guy who is doing the biggest movies

Oh it can work absolutely. It just always has a downside like with Trank. But it is interesting that WB has been hiring great directors that people like except the guy who is doing the biggest movies
    Dope dealt with heavy themes but maintained a sense of fun throughout. I can see this working pretty well, especially if Ezra doesn't go dark and brooding.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    This makes me a 1000% more interested in this movie. Dope was fantastic.
    Second! Great movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Dope dealt with heavy themes but maintained a sense of fun throughout. I can see this working pretty well, especially if Ezra doesn't go dark and brooding.
    The Flash is not a dark and brooding character. I will also say that this is an Nigerian-American director directing a lead white character. I'm sure it's happened before, but in these days of sexist and race discussions, it is a note to make

I think he also did Confirmation for HBO, which I enjoyed. Glad to see him getting a shot a blockbuster.
    Pull List:

"Revered" appears to be a favorite word of CBR writers. Too bad they don't seem to know what it means.

I'm on board too. Dope was in my top 5 releases of 2015 and actually in my top 20 of all time. And I want to see the brother get an equal opportunity.

Interesting choice. Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the movie .

The Flash is not a dark and brooding character. I will also say that this is an Nigerian-American director directing a lead white character. I'm sure it's happened before, but in these days of sexist and race discussions, it is a note to make
    I agree, but that seemed to be the tone they were setting for the DCU. With Rick taking up direction duties I'm not as worried about him delivering a "serious" film, that's still fun.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by peckinpah View Post
    "Revered" appears to be a favorite word of CBR writers. Too bad they don't seem to know what it means.
    Depends on the audience I guess. The Wood was a major coming of age movie for me.
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Some folks already guessed he was directing flash as Geoff johns started following him on Twitter. I think his style will work great with flash.