Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hayley Atwell Reveals "Agent Carter" Season 3 Details, 'Possible Kind of Twist'

Had it not been cancelled, "Agent Carter" Season 3 would have delved into the character's past.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Can we please get a Season 3 that finishes this story and connects to the One Shot? Please? Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu... anyone? I'll even take Freeform at this point, lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Can we please get a Season 3 that finishes this story and connects to the One Shot? Please? Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu... anyone? I'll even take Freeform at this point, lol
    how about we put it into some kind of Novel with Graphics that comes out on set cycle of dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    how about we put it into some kind of Novel with Graphics that comes out on set cycle of dates?
    With the exception of the buffyverse , i don't care for comics adaptations or sequels of live series and material . Don't think it feel good enough for me without the voice and visual of a live agent carter . I'd be ok with more 616 peggy carter with the Man on the Wall instead
    Last edited by Zarathos; 06-02-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    With the exception of the buffyverse , i don't care for comics adaptations or sequels of live series and material . Don't think it feel good enough for me without the voice and visual of a live agent carter . I'd be ok with more 616 peggy carter with the Man on the Wall instead
    I agree, but at this point I'll take what I can get

Getting over 117K signatures in less than a month is pretty impressive considering many people wouldn't bother making the effort since the petition requires you to provide some personal information.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Getting over 117K signatures in less than a month is pretty impressive considering many people wouldn't bother making the effort since the petition requires you to provide some personal information.
    It means nothing because there just aren't enough people willing to give a freaking hour each week to watch the show. So many people complain about the cancellation, but half of those people didn't even watch the last season. I was in a conversation with three women talking about the show and they all complained about the cancellation, but none of them watched the second season. Just baffling to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    It means nothing because there just aren't enough people willing to give a freaking hour each week to watch the show. So many people complain about the cancellation, but half of those people didn't even watch the last season. I was in a conversation with three women talking about the show and they all complained about the cancellation, but none of them watched the second season. Just baffling to me.
    That's not true. 2.5-3 million viewers are not nothing. It's basically not that different than Arrow's viewership and the CW is pretty happy with how that show is doing so far. Not to mention those are just the live+7 viewers in the 18-49 demo if I'm not mistaken. It's not enough viewership for a broadcast network that has to be accountable to contracts with advertisers, The show probably does not represent a good ROI for ABC 1) being an expensive show and all, and 2) seeing as how profitability is entirely calculated based on the broadcast business model. I'm not even going to go into all the scheduling difficulties the show faced, the fact Season 1 was not available on any streaming service while the show was off the air, etc. That does not mean there is not an audience for it.

Although an interesting scenario, I don't think three women are a very representative sample by which to judge everyone in the audience anyway.
    Last edited by solletaire; 06-02-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Most tv show fans simply can't tune in live for every shows every night , even the most hardcore ones . I know that as also a gaming afficionado i never would . There are people that follow the show tivoed , or on services like netflix instead , and you could not even do that immediately for non netflix marvel shows . And more importantly there are shows doing worse in ratings and critical acclaim still kept alive . The show's biggest issue is being on ABC when it could thrive elsewhere . They cancel basically most things that aren't huge success , like fox and nbc .

Another problem was some people initially believing that AoS and Carter would never die , as long as the MCU "needs it" to expande corners of their universe and add to its mythos . But there are other ways around that , and as we can see it's not a sure thing . Especially for a show set in the distance past like Agent Carter .
    Last edited by Zarathos; 06-02-2016 at 05:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Most tv show fans simply can't tune in live for every shows every night , even the most hardcore ones . I know that as also a gaming afficionado i never would . There are people that follow the show tivoed , or on services like netflix instead , and you could not even do that immediately for non netflix marvel shows . And more importantly there are shows doing worse in ratings and critical acclaim still kept alive . The show's biggest issue is being on ABC when it could thrive elsewhere . They cancel basically most things that aren't huge success , like fox and nbc .

Another problem was some people initially believing that AoS and Carter would never die , as long as the MCU "needs it" to expande corners of their universe and add to its mythos . But there are other ways around that , and as we can see it's not a sure thing . Especially for a show set in the distance past like Agent Carter .
    ABC cancels any show that doesn't earn enough profit, which makes them no different than any other network, broadcast, cable, or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    That's not true. 2.5-3 million viewers are not nothing. It's basically not that different than Arrow's viewership and the CW is pretty happy with how that show is doing so far.
    That's because the CW has a lower profitable ratings threshold than every other network. Always has. Arrow and Flash would have been lucky to make it to the end of their first seasons on another network, with the ratings they get.
    Last edited by kalorama; 06-02-2016 at 05:52 PM.

The problem with Agent Carter is the same one that hamstrings Agents of SHIELD: There's so little of Marvel in it. The first season was a pity party about the guys being mean to her, and the second season was just an vintage analog of the modern "Corrupt SHIELD" story. With the mention of Howlers being part of the original SHIELD, I was expecting to see them, sometime...eventually...but they never showed. I wanted happy stories of brilliant friends kicking ass, not seasons of infighting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tighelander View Post
    The problem with Agent Carter is the same one that hamstrings Agents of SHIELD: There's so little of Marvel in it. The first season was a pity party about the guys being mean to her, and the second season was just an vintage analog of the modern "Corrupt SHIELD" story. With the mention of Howlers being part of the original SHIELD, I was expecting to see them, sometime...eventually...but they never showed. I wanted happy stories of brilliant friends kicking ass, not seasons of infighting.
    The main problem with Agent Carter is it's just an average tv show that doesn't do much of anything fun with its premise, and never got to the cool thing about her. The show should have been her running SHIELD, with every episode more in line with the one from season one where she's with the Howling Commandos.

These are different problems from Agents of SHIELD. That show just suck, it doesn't have a cast anywhere as good as Agent Carter ever had, and it was broken on a conceptual level since the beginning. Following a SHIELD D team around seems more like a comedy concept than an action spy shows that's trying to be somewhat serious.

None of these shows are particularly good looking either. They're like some of the worst looking stuff on tv, worst than a number of sitcoms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    None of these shows are particularly good looking either. They're like some of the worst looking stuff on tv, worst than a number of sitcoms.
    well at least people will get DC's Sitcom Powerless

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tighelander View Post
    i would have liked it for the 2nd season to jump forward about 5 years, and show the beginning.

so you could say that the agent carter one shot fits between seasons 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I am sure Constantine gets a lot of revival signatures too. How well is that going?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    well at least people will get DC's Sitcom Powerless
    Wonder how long that one will last?