Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    ABC cancels any show that doesn't earn enough profit, which makes them no different than any other network, broadcast, cable, or otherwise.

That's because the CW has a lower profitable ratings threshold than every other network. Always has. Arrow and Flash would have been lucky to make it to the end of their first seasons on another network, with the ratings they get.
    That's pretty much what we were getting at also.

Does not mean the show did not have an audience. Or potential to be profitable. Just not at ABC and not with their business model. And while profitability is always a must for a show's continuous existence the definition of profitability varies from a premium channel that finances its programing through subscriptions and broadcast TV that does so through ad sales; between different networks, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am sure Constantine gets a lot of revival signatures too. How well is that going??
    ouch that hurt but i guess thats the honest truth

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Wonder how long that one will last?
    i predict only one season due to low ratings

What a pity. I will miss my weekly dose of "women are capable too, guys are jerks or stupid".

The one good capable man on the show was a cripple. I kid you not. When we discovered that Jarvis had a wife and he was pussy-wiped and Carter praised her for it, I about threw my hands in the air.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 06-03-2016 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    That's pretty much what we were getting at also.

Does not mean the show did not have an audience. Or potential to be profitable. Just not at ABC and not with their business model. And while profitability is always a must for a show's continuous existence the definition of profitability varies from a premium channel that finances its programing through subscriptions and broadcast TV that does so through ad sales; between different networks, etc.
    But you framed it in a way to suggest some kind of malfeasance or failure on the part of ABC (and NBC and Fox) because they cancel shows that don't meet their standards. It's not an "issue". It's just SOP for the TV business. Shows that don't do enough business get canceled. That's always been the way it works and always will be. All of the teeth-gnashing and hand-wringing every time a show gets canceled isn't going to change that.

Incredible Member

Hearing her discuss ideas for season three makes me even more disappointed we're not getting it. It sounds likely that as had been speculated, Michael might have still been alive. I really hope Netflix picks it up, even just to resolve the show's storylines and give it an ending.