Spectacular Member

Default Human Torch Rights

marvel now has namor rights, is one more step to go recovering more characters to the mcu, then I came a huge doubt, if Fox has the 4F rights, which includes the Human Torch Johnny Storm, what is the status of Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch of the Invaders ?? Remember that was the first superhero was created when the publisher was Timely.

as the two characters share the same superhero name, Fox and Marvel could share rights as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch??

What is your opinion??

I know the human torch appeared as a cameo in CA The first avenger, but was known as synthetic man, not his original name.

Maybe they can use him as long as he isn't called Human Torch.

I doubt Fox has the rights to the character himself, as he predates the Fantastic Four by a few decades. There may be issues with the trademark on the name, though.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

He did have a cameo in Captain America: The First Avenger, kinda, and LEGO Avengers had him as a playable character. It really depends whether the name is doable or not or if Fox and Marvel have a shared rights to use it depending on the version used?

I know it would be a dream project of mine to see what was effectively the first hero vs hero fight - Namor vs Human Torch - realised on the big screen, in the Thirties era they were forged in. Never gonna happen but imagining Alex Ross depiction of 30's NYC getting attacked by Namor with a huge tidal wave and Torch flying to oppose him... awesome.