Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewildered View Post
    Seriously? A boycott.

Whilst I don't think the comments are particularly accurate, although not without merit given how sexist many of the attacks on the film have been, surely internet trolls deserve everything they get?

If you're happy to criticise an unfinished project with vitriol then expect to get a slap back once in a while. If these people can't handle that, then maybe they could try shutting up for once and judge the finished article.

I'm not directing that at you incidentally, but seriously, boycotting a film because someone said something in response to a shed load of hatefulness. Christ.
    You do know that Sony is leaving the Sexist replies up on purpose, right?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    You do know that Sony is leaving the Sexist replies up on purpose, right?
    As well they should.

Extraordinary Member

As well they should.
    No they kept only those and deleted ones that makes valid points about what they thought was wrong with the trailer as a whole.

There sticking to this failed narrative that fan4sic tried it didn't work that time and it's not going to this.

The e-mail hacks shows they ripped it out of the director of the original two movies hands

Threaten to Sue the original cast members if they didn't sign on.
    Last edited by Deadxman; 06-04-2016 at 09:30 AM.

As well they should.
    No, because the critical ones that aren't sexist or racist are being taken down.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    No, because the critical ones that aren't sexist or racist are being taken down.
    I was unaware of that. Well that's ridiculous.......

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And what did Mr. Apatow base that asinine opinion on? I have no love for the Ghostbusters reboot (in fact, I didn't much like the original version either), but I flat out HATE Donald Trump. So that moron needs to just STFU.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So I guess that's the greatest insult you can hurl at someone these days, calling them a Trump supporter. I think that's going to get tougher if he gets elected and I think that is a possibility. Trump may be the closest thing we have in this world to a real life comic book villain, but he's running for President in a country where nearly half the population doesn't believe in evolution and a good chunk of the population believes Obama is a Kenyan Marxist. So as deplorable a human being Trump might be, he could be our next President and then what will Apatow call the people he doesn't agree with?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

LOL. go straight for the ad hominem, Judd. that's where the "moral high-ground " is! ;-)

maybe they're afraid the movie is going to bomb-- and are trying to drum up viewers out of spite. "hey, people, watch this movie to prove you're politically correct and open-minded! show the haters who's boss!"

problem with that strategy is that it will STILL fail if the word of mouth is bad. anybody here remember "the Last Temptation of Christ"? remember when all those people got suckered into watching it because they thought it would be cool offend those religious protesters to the film? nearly every person I knew who actually watched tLToC to spite religious conservatives lived to regret it. "man, that movie was pitifully bad! I should have waited to read some reviews first! I'm with those wing-nuts, now, I really hated that movie!"

the Ghostbusters remake probably won't be THAT bad. it's not being ambitious and looks like a pretty lazy cash-grab film that plays on nostalgia. (why is the black woman a bus driver? seems a bit ... y'know, "inappropes", to quote Pam Poovey)

Spectacular Member

Any goodwill they thought they were winning with an all female ghostbusters was immediately lost when Leslie Jones character showed up in the trailer

You can be against Trump and still promote lame racial offensive stereotypes like Apatow

At least Trump7is open and honest about his fucked up ideals

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So I guess that's the greatest insult you can hurl at someone these days, calling them a Trump supporter. I think that's going to get tougher if he gets elected and I think that is a possibility. Trump may be the closest thing we have in this world to a real life comic book villain, but he's running for President in a country where nearly half the population doesn't believe in evolution and a good chunk of the population believes Obama is a Kenyan Marxist. So as deplorable a human being Trump might be, he could be our next President and then what will Apatow call the people he doesn't agree with?
    Fortunately we had Dark Reign to prepare us for this.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Norman Osborn wasn't voted in though. No one was given a choice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ken ashcroft View Post
    norman osborn wasn't voted in though. No one was given a choice.
    thanks, obama!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post

Wait. If this movie bombs domestically and a democrat gets elected into office, wouldn't that mean that the ones who went to see the reboot are Trump voters? Logic!
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I was unaware of that. Well that's ridiculous.......
    Fox did exactly the same thing with Fan4stick comments last year, deleting any solid criticism of the movie but ensuring any racist comments in regard to Michael B Jordan were up there for all to see. It's a way of distilling all arguments to 'oh well only the racists and sexists are complaining about our awesome movie' and backing it up. And this happens in interviews too. Remember the infamous live interview with Kate Mara and the FF cast following weeks of logical criticisms of the FF movie where the interviewer spent nearly all the time trying to understand the Johnny-Sue mixed race brother sister thing and then sexualised her and her feet before it got cut off? A lot of people believe this was staged to draw criticism away from the logical arguments and again, utilise the race hate and sex hate cards. Of course Fan4stick flopped for many, many other reasons.

I not saying this guarantees that GB will be exactly the same, but with most stuff out there dealing the criticism distilled to similar matters, and nearly the same level of behind the scenes drama...