Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New Avengers, #12

CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
    • CIVIL WAR II is raging through the Marvel U -- but SOME wars are less civil than others!
    • Roberto Da Costa's mission -- should he choose to accept it -- is to play the ultimate secret agents at their own game... with the free world as the stakes!
    • This is sky-high spy-fi the way you crave it, true believer! This is... A.I.M. VERSUS S.H.I.E.L.D.!

Full article here.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I love this preview, the art looks so much better.

As I already said on other threads, I already love that issue for the Wanda and Billy moment. It's also cool Billy and Teddy have a mind-link, just like my other Marvel OTP. And the art looks great, Paco Medina for regular artist please? I think prefer him over Marcus To too.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I love this preview, the art looks so much better.
    Exquisite. The colors. The crisp, clear lines. The proportionate bodies. Its tremendous. If I'm not mistaken, this is Paco Medina, despite the solicit saying its Sandoval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As I already said on other threads, I already love that issue for the Wanda and Billy moment. It's also cool Billy and Teddy have a mind-link, just like my other Marvel OTP. And the art looks great, Paco Medina for regular artist please? I think prefer him over Marcus To too.
    That mind-link isn't couple-exclusive. That particular feat was established in issue 2, when Billy bridged Power Man and Songbird to defeat the French-crystal-headed-drone-zombie-people. I assume that when Teddy says "that mind link you made for us", he made said link exclusively for the All NEW New Avengers -- himself, Teddy, Dorreen and Clint. Hilarious and completely appropriate to address how frigging loud battles like this must be. "What?" "WHAT?" So good.

I loooooooooove that Teddy can vocally summon Excelsior and I DOUBLY love that Ewing continues to play up the nerd in him by He-Man-ing it up. #swooning #princeofeternia #onceandfutureking

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Exquisite. The colors. The crisp, clear lines. The proportionate bodies. Its tremendous. If I'm not mistaken, this is Paco Medina, despite the solicit saying its Sandoval.

That mind-link isn't couple-exclusive. That particular feat was established in issue 2, when Billy bridged Power Man and Songbird to defeat the French-crystal-headed-drone-zombie-people. I assume that when Teddy says "that mind link you made for us", he made said link exclusively for the All NEW New Avengers -- himself, Teddy, Dorreen and Clint. Hilarious and completely appropriate to address how frigging loud battles like this must be. "What?" "WHAT?" So good.

I loooooooooove that Teddy can vocally summon Excelsior and I DOUBLY love that Ewing continues to play up the nerd in him by He-Man-ing it up. #swooning #princeofeternia #onceandfutureking
    Yeah, it's definitely a mistake on the solicit because that is soooo not Sandoval's art.

And while Billy did establish a mind-link between some of the New Avengers earlier we don't know if that was a permanent or temporary thing. I assume that it was a temporary thing they used during that mission but Billy has a link established with Teddy so they can contact each other in case of an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely a mistake on the solicit because that is soooo not Sandoval's art.

And while Billy did establish a mind-link between some of the New Avengers earlier we don't know if that was a permanent or temporary thing. I assume that it was a temporary thing they used during that mission but Billy has a link established with Teddy so they can contact each other in case of an emergency.
    Apologies.
    That's what I meant.
    I didn't mean to imply the link he established in issue 2 with Victor and Melissa remained constant.
    I meant that in this particular instance, likely prior to their arrival, Billy linked himself to Teddy, Clint and Doreen, in a similar fashion as he did with Vic and Mel, back in France.
    My blunders.

BANNED

I like the art, but I've also liked Sandoval's art on this series. Can't say I'm thrilled about this book tieing into CW2 though.

All-New Member

Already digging this issue! The art looks great and I love the He-Man nod by Teddy. I also like that Billy is with team magic and he's still struggling to understand the exact nature of his powers. Also, his interaction with Wanda feels waaaaaay better than it did last issue (more like how it felt in children's crusade), I mean, what the hell was that!?

Teddy's sword is awesome, Ewing really has done a great job with both Wiccan and Hulkling in this series.

Also love that Tippy Toe gets to say Avengers Assemble, that's hilarious.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Entertain me Mr.Ewing. See me safely through this nightmare.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Though the focus on the New Avengers was less than I was hoping the art and the personality of the dialog felt spot on! Hulkling and Wiccan were portrayed, in my mind, as near perfect. We finally see Teddy have a personality away from Billy. That personality happens to be super-nerd, which again, I love. And don't even get me started on the centaur thing, that was....amazing!

Yeah, this issue was great. Loads of fun, an absolute blast. For example, Roberto changed Wiccan's ringtone to the Magnum, PI theme. Which is a perfect callback to the classic New Mutants, where Bobby was obsessed with Magnum, PI. That was one of my favourite running gags, and I love that Ewing just casually throws it in.

Also, there's this:centaur (2).jpg

Teddy as a winged centaur. Yep. There was also this:

roboteagles (2).jpg

And now I want to see that. Get on that, Bobby.

So is Roberto no longer with the New Avengers?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, this issue was great. Loads of fun, an absolute blast. For example, Roberto changed Wiccan's ringtone to the Magnum, PI theme. Which is a perfect callback to the classic New Mutants, where Bobby was obsessed with Magnum, PI. That was one of my favourite running gags, and I love that Ewing just casually throws it in.
    Yes! That was one of my favorite things about the issue and reason Ewing is my current favorite writer. He actually takes the time to learn about characters and continuity then uses it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    So is Roberto no longer with the New Avengers?
    Technically, half the New Avengers are no longer with the New Avengers. Wiccan, Hulkling and Squirrel Girl disagreed with going after SHIELD, so Bobby sent them off and declared them to be the New Avengers. And then Hawkeye joined them.

But Bobby does ask them to help him out with a job. So he's still in the book.