Super Moderator

Default Is Gunn Teasing A Thor Appearance In "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2"?

Director James Gunn posed for a picture with Thor's hammer Mjolnir while filming on the "GOTG2" set.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Director James Gunn posed for a picture with Thor's hammer Mjolnir while filming on the "GOTG2" set.

Full article here.
    It's probably just a joke but with Gunn his jokes usually have more meaning. Or he could just be screwing with us.

Well, the post-credits ending of "Dark World" did feature a teaser of sorts to GOTG (With Sif and Volstagg giving the collector the Aether) so maybe it's sort of returning the favor. After all, if I'm not mistaken GOTG 2 comes out before Thor 3.

Beta Ray Bill please!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Maybe GoTG 2 will tell us how Banner ends up in space. Though i doubt we will see either Hulk or Thor in GoTG 2. Maybe they hear a story referring to Hulk or Thor and the events thats start Thor 3. Beta Ray Bill yessssss plz

Incredible Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see a GotG2 post-credits scene set up Thor 2, being that it comes out before Thor, they're both 2017 releases, and both are heavily space related.

There was a skeleton similar to Beta Ray Bill's species in the opening of GOTG, and something in the collector's place did kind of look a bit like him.

I'd love to see Thor or some other MCU characters in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The connection to Asgard was already established in the post-credits scene for Thor 2. So why not take it a step further and let him show up in the sequel? He's already showed up a number of times on the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon. The kind of epic space battles they could create with Thor in the mix are just too awesome to pass up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'd love to see Thor or some other MCU characters in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The connection to Asgard was already established in the post-credits scene for Thor 2. So why not take it a step further and let him show up in the sequel? He's already showed up a number of times on the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon. The kind of epic space battles they could create with Thor in the mix are just too awesome to pass up.
    Well we will most likely see them together with all the others in Avengers 3 but yes, I would be thrilled to see Thor already in GOTG 2.

Lets just hope the movie will be as good or even better than the first. The comic is nowadays sadly really awful...
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

This is just click bait headline. Gunn already said in an FB post that the prop guy had one of the hammers so he took a picture just for fun.

I think there will probably be references to Asgard and the Nine Realms in the movie but I don't expect a full blown appearance from Thor. Maybe a mid or end credit teaser, though I expect to be related to Spider-man: Homecoming or Infinity War.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Spectacular Member

Gunn could just be fun'in, but when GotG2 opens it will be two years since Thor has been seen on screen and since I can't see him in SM:H a stinger would be ideal for Thor to show up in given that Thor:Ragnarok won't be on Earth at all. The Guardians are together on one place and Thor walks up and ask where can he find the Grandmaster. That would work.

Incredible Member

I could see the hammer being part of the post credit scene. Rocket & Groot sit down to watch the space equivalent of a UFC PPV and the Grandmaster comes on saying "gentlemen, choose your weapons!" and a human hand comes down to pick up Mjolnir and a big green fist picks up a spiked mace, fade out.........
    Sounds perfect.