Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Here's a thought. Why not have the woman being depicted as defeating the male character? Wouldn't that do more to promote the idea of a powerful female hero? You are right. If all the female character are in the movies are punching bags for the villains, why bother to have them in the movie?
    All that would do is create more problems then the other side will complain

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    I'm offended that they're offended. The fact that you're disheartened by me being offended that they're offended offends me. I await your apology.
    I would offer one if I thought you were remotely interested in an apology. I'm pretty choosy to whom and for what I apologize... :P

Extraordinary Member

This is just too dumb to talk about...

BANNED

If the billboard used to promote the movie only has Darkseid stomping on Wonder Woman, then yes, that would also be a lousy billboard.
    overall i was trying to say was this Hollywood PC has to stop at some point

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    wow just because a hollywood actress saids "it looks wrong" we have to all suffer for it? wow thanks alot Rose McGowan so this is how this is going to be? what happens if Wonder Woman is stomp by Darkseid (if he becomes the villain) in the Justice League movie? we are just going to cut half of the film or take away any billboards that promotes the movie?
    So, you guys get that- conflict-oriented lurid headline notwithstanding- this really wasn't just about Rose McGowan, or "a Hollywood actress," right? There were a lot of people who were offended and spoke out about this. Whether you agree or disagree, this wasn't a case of it being a single person's crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    Oh, no! An image depicting a superhero at the mercy of a super villain, quelle horreur.
    No, an image of a woman being brutalized by a man. Nothing heroic let alone superheroic is depicted on that billboard.

Here's a thought. Why not have the woman being depicted as defeating the male character? Wouldn't that do more to promote the idea of a powerful female hero? You are right. If all the female character are in the movies are punching bags for the villains, why bother to have them in the movie?
    That's not how the movie goes, and revealing that the heroes win tends to take away some of the suspense.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This image was put up by the anti smurf patriarchal order as an affront to female smurfs and the smurf race.

It promotes domestic violence and racist depictions of smurf on smurf violence... or something.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Honestly I think it's been a very confusing year and a half for FOX in terms of their superhero franchises. A project that had all the right ingredients failed miserably (FF), a sure fire hit underwhelmed (X-Men:A), and the risky potential flop (Deadpool) took the world by storm ...
    FF took a property know by fans to be adventurous, family based and lighthearted and and turned it into a grim and gritty piece of garbage, and it failed miserably.
    X:A is another sequel in a long series of movies of uneven quality. Personally I think X:A has a more serious tone than First Class or Days of Future Past. And it's performance and critical review has so far been underwhelming.
    Deadpool took a hyperviolent, comedic character and made a visually accurate, hyperviolent, foulmouthed comedy action movie.

The pattern seems to be that superhero movies are doing better these days with more comedy.

BANNED

Another day, another pointless controversy started by intrusive outrage-mongers. There was nothing gendered about the violence on that billboard. It was a villain choking a hero for the sole reason of preventing his own defeat. If Beast or Cyclops did what Mystique did in that situation, Apocalypse would have reacted exactly the same, if not with more brutality. If that was a male character on the billboard, there would have been no controversy at all. Double standards, double standards.

How long are people just going to cave to these bullies (yes, bullies) who shame and pressure creators for not adhering to their ridiculous standards? We've seen this situation so many times over the past few years, this is probably the most egregious case so far. Hopefully we've reached peak outrage here, and things will start to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    wow just because a hollywood actress saids "it looks wrong" we have to all suffer for it? wow thanks alot Rose McGowan so this is how this is going to be? what happens if Wonder Woman is stomp by Darkseid (if he becomes the villain) in the Justice League movie? we are just going to cut half of the film or take away any billboards that promotes the movie?
    Yes, isn't it sad that we are being denied the right to see women being brutalized on movie posters just because women think this sends out the wrong message to society.

Sarcasm.jpg

BANNED

No, an image of a woman being brutalized by a man. Nothing heroic let alone superheroic is depicted on that billboard.
    its a movie not real. McGowan has a problem depicting what's real and what is fantasy

BANNED

If the poster showed the hero kicking the crap out of the villain, there wouldn't be much to go see the movie for would there? You'd be going into the movie having already seen the climax.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Besides the name X-Men, a blue skinned woman with red hair, and a blue robotic alien looking guy. There's not really a lot that says normal or average day occurrence in the billboard either.

Regardless, that's probably the last image I would have picked from the movie for a billboard to advertise it. And this controversy is why.

This is what he wrote, An image depicting a superhero at the mercy of a super villain, quelle horreur.

He didnt say it was heroic he said a hero is losing to a villain. Because, yes, some time villains end up on top.

So what exactly is the issue here?

If you dont know squat about the X-men and even ignore the tag line saying, "Only the strong will survive." Why would anyone listen to you? You randomly get angry with absolutely no info on what you saw and that is supposed to trump the actual truth?

Why?