Page 76 of 115 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1712
    Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Bendis era still remains a success, the
    superman line is richer than it has been in a long time in terms of content. The print sales are stable and the digital sales spiked despite DC having a universal recline sales wise in periodical line.

Good superman sales means more superman content. More superman content means greater chances to find something you like.

So it's a win win.

the sales of Supergirl are anemic. I'd wager if not for the CW series Supergirl would be canceled or at least given a soft relaunch.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-24-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Critical aclaims don't pay bills, salaries or increase their chart positions...
    LOL ain't that the truth. Countless things critics, of various genres, have hated over the years have become phenomenal financial hits, whereas an equal amount of things they love have been dismal financial failures.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    the sales of Supergirl are anemic. I'd wage if not for the CW series Supergirl would be canceled or at least given a soft relaunch.
    We’ll see if Houser can bring sales up. Poor Kara has been dragged from one crossover to the next. They really need to just let her do her own thing.

I hate mentioning this, but I wonder if they should've just relaunched Supergirl to coincide with Bendis' new run. New number 1's don't work in the long-term but it doesn't seem like new creative teams taking over an already running series have much sales effect either.

I'm surprised Supergirl is not selling better. You would think her show would make new fans interested in her comics. Maybe if they had an story about Lena Luthor it would sell more lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm surprised Supergirl is not selling better. You would think her show would make new fans interested in her comics. Maybe if they had an story about Lena Luthor it would sell more lol.
    You joke but honestly they probably should incorporate more from the TV show at this point. Brainiac 5, Mon-El, Lena, all these people would probably get more people interested than the rather bland supporting cast Orlando have her. I thought the Coluan Andrekyo gave her as a LI was a good start given they couldn’t use B5.

Eh, floppy sales don't benefit from larger media adaptations 99% of the time. Doesn't matter what the show does, the comics aren't likely to see much of an increase in sales. So synergy is largely a wasted effort.

Sometimes an adaptation can improve trade and digital sales.....that's usually a short-term spike, but once in a while it's led to trade increases over the long term. Not major increases, but at least its something. I don't know if Supergirl is one of those IP's though, I've never compared her trade sales.

Still, until we get more cross promotion from the larger media stuff, synergy is mostly a wasted effort.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Oddly enough, the other Danvers (Carol) seems to finally be reaping the benefits of her larger media push.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oddly enough, the other Danvers (Carol) seems to finally be reaping the benefits of her larger media push.
    Heard Kelly Thompson (I think that’s the writer?) is doing a good job with her which helps. The previous stories were honestly really bad and/or boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You joke but honestly they probably should incorporate more from the TV show at this point. Brainiac 5, Mon-El, Lena, all these people would probably get more people interested than the rather bland supporting cast Orlando have her. I thought the Coluan Andrekyo gave her as a LI was a good start given they couldn’t use B5.
    How did Smallville comics did?

I started reading Superman comics due to my renewed enthusiasm with Superman Returns. I was hungry for more Superman stories. And I loved when the character resembled Brandon Routh more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, floppy sales don't benefit from larger media adaptations 99% of the time. Doesn't matter what the show does, the comics aren't likely to see much of an increase in sales. So synergy is largely a wasted effort.

Sometimes an adaptation can improve trade and digital sales.....that's usually a short-term spike, but once in a while it's led to trade increases over the long term. Not major increases, but at least its something. I don't know if Supergirl is one of those IP's though, I've never compared her trade sales.

Still, until we get more cross promotion from the larger media stuff, synergy is mostly a wasted effort.
    You’re probably right. Still they tried doing “its similar to the TV show but not really” with the Orlando run where she was in National City and lives with DEO Agent foster parents but didn’t have a sister, Lena wasn’t there, and she dates an OC rather than B5 or Mon-El. They tried “its totally unlike the TV” with Andrekyo where she was off in space being Supergirl 24/7 and had Krypto and had a Coluan/Tamaran LIs. Neither one really worked so I’m not really sure what’s left to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    How did Smallville comics did?

I started reading Superman comics due to my renewed enthusiasm with Superman Returns. I was hungry for more Superman stories. And I loved when the character resembled Brandon Routh more.
    I have no idea how well they sold but they got like 8 volumes of Season 11 so I think they did ok. Everyone who has read them has said they’re great, still need to read them myself.

Censorship Sucks

Wow, Green Lantern 11 sold better than Action Comics. That should tell them something. Go Bendis!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    Wow, Green Lantern 11 sold better than Action Comics. That should tell them something. Go Bendis!
    Action sold 10,000 more copies than Green Lantern this month.

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Action sold 10,000 more copies than Green Lantern this month.
    Not that impressive since Action Comics is suppose to be one of the main DC books, but oh well.