Page 77 of 115 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1715

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    Not that impressive since Action Comics is suppose to be one of the main DC books, but oh well.
    It kinda is, considering Action doesn't sell as much as Superman typically. And here not only outsold it, but gained several thousand sales over last month. Namoi's appearance is likely the cause of that. And like Detective Comics it is seen as the secondary title. So here it was the third best selling DC ongoing behind Batman and Justice League. That actually is kinda impressive if you have any idea of the context of these numbers month to month.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It kinda is, considering Action doesn't sell as much as Superman typically. And here not only outsold it, but gained several thousand sales over last month. Namoi's appearance is likely the cause of that. And like Detective Comics it is seen as the secondary title. So here it was the third best selling DC ongoing behind Batman and Justice League. That actually is kinda impressive if you have any idea of the context of these numbers month to month.
    The Year of the Villian special variant cover also probably provided a pretty big boost too. But I agree the Naomi appearance was probably a factor too. I don't think there was a year of the villain variant in October, so that might give us an idea how much of the boost is Year of the Villain and how much is Naomi.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

October 2019 sales numbers:

Batman Superman #3 - 55,334

Superman Year One #3 - 53,196

Tales From The Dark Multiverse Death of Superman #1 - 46,562

Event Leviathan #5 - 45,057

Superman #16 - 43,717

Action Comics #1016 - 40,812

Legion of Super Heroes Millennium #2 - 39,489

Superman Smashes The Klan #1 - 24,375

Young Justice #9 - 24,091

Lois Lane #4 - 21,280

Supergirl #35 - 19,102

Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #4 - 15,820

Dollar Comics Superman #75 - 17,139

Superman Up In The Sky #4 - 15,817

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-10.html
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-11-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Lois Lane sold better than Supergirl..

Go Lois!

Glad to see TotDM - DOS sold decently, hope it helps get Loveness more work.
    Young Justice is not doing well at all, bodes poorly for LoSH
    Glad to see Lois is still in the 20k range, that’s better than I’d have expected.
    We don’t deserve Fraction Jimmy Olsen

Mighty Member

So it seems Action's 11,000 unit boost last month was more likely due to the card stock variant than Naomi's presence, unless speculators had interest in Naomi's first appearance with Superman, but not her second. That's a possibility too, I suppose.

Superman, meanwhile is getting dangerously close to the sales that Tomasi's last issue had. Doesn't look like the title has found its floor yet either, which isn't a great sign. DC has been heavily promoting Superman 18, so we'll see if that provides a bump, but it doesn't look great overall.

I wish Jimmy was doing better. I truly thought it would given Fraction's success on Hawkeye, but it doesn't look like it's catching on in the same way. Oh well, at least we get these 12 issues.

And yeah, Young Justice is not in a good spot. Even with the card stock variant, it's only at about 24,000. That's about what Supergirl gets when it has a card stock variant. Not a good sign.
    Currently Reading:

I'm really wondering how well Legion will sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Superman, meanwhile is getting dangerously close to the sales that Tomasi's last issue had. Doesn't look like the title has found its floor yet either, which isn't a great sign. DC has been heavily promoting Superman 18, so we'll see if that provides a bump, but it doesn't look great overall.
    The last 4 issues of Tomasi and Gleason's run were selling from 43,799 to 41,927 according to Comichron so Bendis' numbers are definitely getting close to the end of the previous run already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really wondering how well Legion will sell.
    I don't expect great sales. The Legion hasn't been a real player in a long damn time and the last few attempts were so bland they very possibly drove potential readers away who might not be willing to give it another shot.

The book itself might be great, Bendis at least seems to have put some real effort in, but if this title manages to be a mid-level seller I'm gonna call that a solid win. Though honestly I'm not even expecting that; I think it'll debut to low numbers for a #1, maybe in the mid 30's, and quickly slide down to low 20's.

If the book is lucky it'll catch on in another distribution format like digital or trade or whatever the hell (who knows, it could happen), but I think as far as the direct market is concerned this book was DoA.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't expect great sales. The Legion hasn't been a real player in a long damn time and the last few attempts were so bland they very possibly drove potential readers away who might not be willing to give it another shot.

The book itself might be great, Bendis at least seems to have put some real effort in, but if this title manages to be a mid-level seller I'm gonna call that a solid win. Though honestly I'm not even expecting that; I think it'll debut to low numbers for a #1, maybe in the mid 30's, and quickly slide down to low 20's.

If the book is lucky it'll catch on in another distribution format like digital or trade or whatever the hell (who knows, it could happen), but I think as far as the direct market is concerned this book was DoA.
    Agreed. You’d need a much bigger name than Bendis at this point to get people interested. Johns or Hickman might’ve been able to pull it off. But the fact that it’s another reboot of a team we haven’t seen in a while and I’m not expecting the Bendis reboot to fare any better than the Waid reboot did.

At this point I'm not even sure if Johns or Hickman would be enough to really make the Legion a big seller. The whole industry seems to be in a bit of an apathetic downward slide right now, and to make the Legion a big deal might require the efforts of a *truly* big name. JK Rowling or someone, yknow?

Also, Superman Smashes the Klan only sold in the mid 20's? BOOOO. That book was f*cking excellent, some of the best Superman DC has given us in years and years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Also, Superman Smashes the Klan only sold in the mid 20's? BOOOO. That book was f*cking excellent, some of the best Superman DC has given us in years and years.
    I'm assuming that the direct market monthly sales of SStK are just padding out the numbers and the real sales will be once it's collected and in TPB format for book stores/Scholastic/book fair stuff.

I'm assuming that the direct market monthly sales of SStK are just padding out the numbers and the real sales will be once it's collected and in TPB format for book stores/Scholastic/book fair stuff.
    Isn’t DC Superhero Girls a billion dollar franchise at this point? Wouldn’t know that from direct market sales. Yeah I definitely think they expect the majority of sales to be outside the direct market. I seriously hope it sells well.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-12-2019 at 11:14 AM.

At this point I'm not even sure if Johns or Hickman would be enough to really make the Legion a big seller. The whole industry seems to be in a bit of an apathetic downward slide right now, and to make the Legion a big deal might require the efforts of a *truly* big name. JK Rowling or someone, yknow?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t DC Superhero Girls a billion dollar franchise at this point? Wouldn’t know that from direct market sales. Yeah I definitely think they expect the majority of sales to be outside the direct market. I seriously hope it sells well.
    I mean, it was advertised as a DC Zoom/Ink book so the real barometer is probably how it will sell collected as a graphic novel (which I expect will be pretty well).

Mighty Member

I would not be surprised if Legion #1 pulls in a decent number. DC has been pushing the heck out of it, even going so far as to offer free Legion rings with the first issue. However, any success the first issue has will most likely fall away by issue two.
    Currently Reading: