Those low Jimmy and Lois numbers break my heart. I so wanted them to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
That's a decent figure for Legion seeing as the headliner is so divisive.
I'm not sure what to make of Legion's sales. On the surface, 75,000 does seem like a good number, but DC sunk so much promotion it. Bendis was on the freaking Late Show talking it up, they gave away a free Legion ring with purchase, and the card stock variant cover has been a proven booster of sales. Plus, you have to remember it's a first issues, and stores tend to over order on those already. But was this what DC was hoping for given all the stops they put out for it? It's an interesting question.

I think Brett Booth said something about DC only extending Wally West's current mini-series if it got enough sales. I believe he said the magic number for the first issue would have to be 80,000. Now, it is entirely possible that DC said that number because certain higher-ups don't want a new Wally West ongoing and they felt confident the series wouldn't reach it, but even so, Flash Forward wasn't nearly as heavily promoted as Legion was, so does it mean something that Legion didn't reach 80,000 even with all that promotion.

That said, I honestly don't believe Jon Kent and the controversial recent developments had any impact on Legion sales. I think people who wanted Legion wanted Legion regardless and Jon's presence in any form wouldn't have changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
YJ really isn't doing very well at all. No 10 and already so low despite all the stops Dc and bendis pulled out to launch this. This generation and line of books shouldn't be the face of teen comics at DC. TT is almost at issue 40 has an unknown and unlikable cast aside from Damian who is quite divisive and yet they are beating YJ in sales. how did the buzz for YJ die so quick?
Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
My guess? It’s been so long since the last series, and YJ the cartoon is nothing like YJ the comic, so you can’t even leech some of the cartoon fandom over to the book. Bendis’ tendency to drag things out is also doing him no favors, hopefully Walker joining him on the book will help.
In Young Justice's defense, it didn't seem to have a card stock variant in November and yet its sales matched the past few months where it did have one. Granted, that could be because Naomi just made her first appearance (and she also seems to be a source of sales boosts). But still, it's doing okay for what it is.