Page 81 of 115 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1712

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    What year is it?! I've been hearing this since the 90s. Yes, one day comics as we know them will likely die out, but adapting to changing markets and not digging their feet into the sand as they have been will ensure that comic books will stick around.
    Yeah, I mean, no one can deny that the industry is in bad shape, but comics have been "on the brink of total collapse" since before I started reading in 92. Yet here we are, still keeping on.

That's not to say that the industry doesn't have some huge challenges in front of it, or that it's in a dangerous position, or that a whole lot of things need to change. But the sky doesn't appear to be falling, at least not this week, and the genre (if not the floppies themselves) are enjoying a popularity they haven't had since the 40's, riding a successful larger media wave that's lasted for twenty years.

And when you factor in trade, digital, Scholastic, and the other distribution formats that comics are now being pushed through, things look better too. The direct market might die (and sooner or later it probably will) but we're finding new outlets. It's not *all* doom and gloom.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Final December 2019 sales numbers:

Doomsday Clock #12 - 117,926

The Golden Child #1 - 88,794

Superman #18 - 66,684

Batman Superman #5 (All covers) - 48,734

Legion of Super Heroes #2 (All covers) - 35,653

Young Justice #11 (All covers) - 22,402

Supergirl #37 (All covers) - 19,923

Lois Lane #6 - 18,231

Jimmy Olsen #6 - 13,816

Superman Up In The Sky #6 - 13,373

Superman Smashes The Klan #2 - 11,400

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-12.html

Smashes the Klan should be selling so much better than it is. That is hands down one of the best Superman stories you're gonna read.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Smashes the Klan should be selling so much better than it is. That is hands down one of the best Superman stories you're gonna read.
    It'll probably sell better collected. It was even first advertised as a graphic novel, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll probably sell better collected. It was even first advertised as a graphic novel, if I recall correctly.
    That’s what I’m hoping for. It was originally supposed to be a graphic novel for kids, so hopefully it will get that Scholastic audience that books like Moon Girl have.

Fantastic Member

Sales for Legion is tragic. Or am i being dramatic?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    I think where the sales stabilise will decide if it's tragic or what not. The property has been through 3 or 4 reboots already. This legion started of as an unfamiliar team for new people to get in. They weren't looking to get back the old fans.

Nah I expect this iteration of the Legion isn’t going to last past 12 issues. Having Bendis reboot the whole thing was a bad idea.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah I expect this iteration of the Legion isn’t going to last past 12 issues. Having Bendis reboot the whole thing was a bad idea.
    It'll last 11 issues. I mean, it looks that DC will wrap up all storylines in September 2020 to start 5G, so... 🙃

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

12 issues? that's the same as a maxi. why didn't they just call it that?i think, supersons could have faired much better.

I wouldn't say tragic. The Legion was never going to be a big seller. I mean, they haven't been a team that matters in decades and the last few times DC has tried to use them it's been pretty bland, if not actually bad.

If it settles somewhere between 26 and 30K I would think that's about as good as we can expect, and it might well be below that. I mean, it's the Legion. Nobody has cared about them in a generation.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It'll last 11 issues. I mean, it looks that DC will wrap up all storylines in September 2020 to start 5G, so... ��
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    12 issues? that's the same as a maxi. why didn't they just call it that?i think, supersons could have faired much better.
    They'll probably relaunch it for 5G.

Should’ve kept the Retroboot as the “classic” Legion and made the Bendis Legion the 5G Legion.

Should’ve kept the Retroboot as the “classic” Legion and made the Bendis Legion the 5G Legion.
    Retroboot would've fit with continuing from Rebirth but that obviously wasn't what Bendis wanted to do.

when they announced Flash and Wonder Woman going back to their original numbering, I think they mentioned something about not indending to relaunch new #1s in a while. So I don't think Legion (or anything else for that matter) has that to fall back on.