Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1712
    Astonishing Member

I guess we can include Young Justice:

Young Justice #5 - 29,821
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-10-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    May 2019 Comic Book Sales:

Superman #11 - 47,933

Action Comics #1011 - 42,207

Superman Leviathan Rising Special #1 - 32,549

Supergirl #30 - 18,443

Adventures of the Super Sons #10 - 18,233

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-05.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess we can include Young Justice:

Young Justicr #5 - 29,821
    Oof. Gotta wonder how DC feels about those sales at this point. Looks like they’re going to be in the 30k’s soon.

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Many of these books would sell twice as much if they were Part of a line wide relaunch.

What the New 52 and rebirth done correctly was that they were pefect jumping on points. Line wide banners are a good idea. It pretty much screams '' hop on'', and it doesnt have to coincide with a renumbering.

I'd imagine they are probably pretty happy actually. Action lost 110 from last month and Superman 869. Between March and April Superman only lost 117, Action 697. That's pretty solid. Green Lantern lost over 4,000 and Batman even more between April and May. The Superbooks are holding steady more or less and are some of the best selling ongoing books.

And the Event Leviathan Special was a $9.99 book that sold over 30,000 copies and is going back for a second printing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'd imagine they are probably pretty happy actually. Action lost 110 from last month and Superman 869. Between March and April Superman only lost 117, Action 697. That's pretty solid. Green Lantern lost over 4,000 and Batman even more between April and May. The Superbooks are holding steady more or less and are some of the best selling ongoing books.

And the Event Leviathan Special was a $9.99 book that sold over 30,000 copies and is going back for a second printing.
    Yeah. The sales seem stable at the moment. That is quite positive, since these are good numbers.

Also, I suppose DC did not expect Superman to sell 100K. That kind of expectations is for Batman.

That said, Young Justice #5 under 30K seems worrisome.

Always seemed like a bad idea to have a teen titans ongoing and a young justice ongoing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Always seemed like a bad idea to have a teen titans ongoing and a young justice ongoing at the same time.
    Considering the different casts, tones, and name recognition I would think both would have as much of a chance as the other.

Comixology ranks:
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #1 is 1
    SUPERMAN #12 is 3
    SUPERGIRL # 31 is 14

SUPERMAN outsells the likes of immortal hulk, detective comics, The flash year one and amazing Spider-Man.

I think under Bendis the digital Sales of Superman have skyrocketed. I will check comixology rankings during Rebirth to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Comixology ranks:
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #1 is 1
    SUPERMAN #12 is 3
    SUPERGIRL # 31 is 14

SUPERMAN outsells the likes of immortal hulk, detective comics, The flash year one and amazing Spider-Man.

I think under Bendis the digital Sales of Superman have skyrocketed. I will check comixology rankings during Rebirth to compare.
    Digitally he sells great but I think the Tomasi Superman run sold great digitally too until they had that summer of filler which caused the book to fall severely.

Physical comic ranks:

2. Event Leviathan #1
    8. Superman #12

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ounters-laugh/
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 06-16-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Digitally he sells great but I think the Tomasi Superman run sold great digitally too until they had that summer of filler which caused the book to fall severely.
    Yeah, I was just surprised to see it 3rd place because of the steep competition. He outsells the printed best sellers, which are also critically acclaimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Comixology ranks:
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #1 is 1
    SUPERMAN #12 is 3
    SUPERGIRL # 31 is 14

Interesting! I wonder if this has anything to do with what I'd said about Superman having a wider "general market" appeal - as in he does better outside of the comic shop crowd than he does in it. I'd love to know the demographics of those buying Superman digitally, and what else they're picking up.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member

I live outside the US so I get all of my comics on Comixology. Even though there's a comic book shop that recently opened not far from where I work, I prefer the digital medium where comics are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Interesting! I wonder if this has anything to do with what I'd said about Superman having a wider "general market" appeal - as in he does better outside of the comic shop crowd than he does in it. I'd love to know the demographics of those buying Superman digitally, and what else they're picking up.
    Ive said it for years; it is our natural predisposition to love Superman. People have to be given an active reason to dislike the character. Regretfully, DC has given people at the LCS plenty of reason over the years as they mismanage and marginalize him, but the rest of the world? They love (the idea of) Superman and will always gravitate to the character until/unless what they find is so awful it puts them off the character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ive said it for years; it is our natural predisposition to love Superman. People have to be given an active reason to dislike the character. Regretfully, DC has given people at the LCS plenty of reason over the years as they mismanage and marginalize him, but the rest of the world? They love (the idea of) Superman and will always gravitate to the character until/unless what they find is so awful it puts them off the character.
    Absolutely. I get why the LCS groups wouldn't like him as much as others; there's a certain general mentality in the LCS world about what's "cool" that would be there even without DC's mismanagement - why they'll almost always pick Wolverine over Superman, for instance - but the general public is a very different animal.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/