Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Day 6 for Action Comic s #957

Remains at number 4, minimum sales at 6000 copies.

Day 13 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 moves up to number 15.

Minimum sales at 12959

BANNED

Day 7 for Action Comic s #957

Remains at number 4, minimum sales at 7000 copies.

Day 14 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 remains at number 15.

Minimum sales at 13948.

Tomorrow the list will account for new releases, and if Superman Rebirth #1 remains on the front page, that will not only be a huge accomplishment for it spending three weeks on the front page, but it will also mean that so far all three flaghship Superman books released so far are on the front page.

That'd be cool.

BANNED

Day #1 for Superman #1

Superman #1 debuts at number 3. The only comics outselling it are Batman #1, and Titans Rebirth #1. It's outselling the latest issue of Star Wars, Civil War 2 #2, and Invincible.

Minimum sales at 1001.

Day 8 for Action Comic s #957

Drops to number 14. Minimum sales at 7990.

Day 15 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to number 24.

Minimum sales at 14927.

Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 06-17-2016 at 12:59 PM.

All three on the front page. Nice.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

A good strong start to the new era. I may have my misgivings, but when Superman comics sell strong, it's good for everyone IMO.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    A good strong start to the new era. I may have my misgivings, but when Superman comics sell strong, it's good for everyone IMO.
    I couldn't agree more. And the character, great and iconic that he is, deserves it.

amen brother.

Cant say Im a fan of what they decided to do but if it sells, good enough. Quality Superman is good for all of us, even if its not to our personal tastes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I agree. I'm glad to see Superman selling so strongly. (I'm also glad everything else Rebirth-wise is doing well as DC really needs strong sales all around.)
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Flash Rebirth #1 is benefiting from the TV show. It's the only last week release that's still in the top 5, outperforming new releases like Star Wars and Justice League.

People that watch the TV shows and movies just need a jumping on point, and usually that's a new #1. You can try to make the comics more like other media, but if you're going to do it in like issue 34, you're not going to attract a lot of those fans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Flash Rebirth #1 is benefiting from the TV show. It's the only last week release that's still in the top 5, outperforming new releases like Star Wars and Justice League.

People that watch the TV shows and movies just need a jumping on point, and usually that's a new #1. You can try to make the comics more like other media, but if you're going to do it in like issue 34, you're not going to attract a lot of those fans.
    Yeah, i definitely think the tv show is helping the Flash books sell so well. Judging from ratings, it's the only one besides Batman to do that well.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Nice to see the Superbooks and DC in general continue to do well. Hopefully this trend continues throughout the Rebirth initiative!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Maybe I'm being dense here, and someone can explain this to me in a way that I can understand.

As a fan of the new52 Superman who does not like SuperDad or his son, how is it good for me when SuperDad/SuperJon comics sell well?

Doesn't them selling well just increase the chances that they will both stay, and that the Superman I am a fan of will never return? It seems like poor sales would increase the chance of new52 Superman returning, a new reboot with a new Superman (Who may be closer to what I'd like than SuperDad), or some change to the status quo like Jon being written out of the series and SuperDad adding some of the memories and personality of new52 Superman in a story sense or just in terms of editorial changing the way he's approached while still being the guy who now know as SuperDad.

Good sales would seem to increase the possibility that SuperDad and SuperJon both become fixtures and no changes are made.

If Superman were in general some really small niche title like, I don't know, Howard the Duck or Nighthawk, the theory that good sales of the issues of the one book they are doing for a character at that level are good for all of that character's fans because the book might cancelled and not come back if it doesn't sell well, kind of holds water. Superman, though, is iconic enough that we know there is going to be a comic book about no matter what (I mean, not until the sun goes supernova in a billion years, but for the next 5-10 years at least, minimum). A sales dip would likely simply trigger exactly the kind of changes I want, or similar ones. Superman in general is not going away. At most, they might reduce him from shipping 6 issues a month (2 Action Comics 2 Superman 2 Justice League) to fewer numbers. But there's going to be at least one. The property is too valuable not to do at least one (Unless we are maybe talking brief temporary hiatus to relaunch with extra hype).

I actually think it's critical that the Jon-centric stuff especially fail so that kid doesn't get incorporated into every potential future reboot, and into movies and TV shows, as a central part of the Superman myth, which is obviously what they are trying to do with him. His sales need to fail and it needs to be shown to be untenable for Superman to be worthwhile for me long-term.

I'll admit, I'm not doing a strict boycott. I am not buying the Superman title right now. I did buy an issue of Action Comics and might stick with that issue by issue if the Jon stuff is kept to a minimum and we see a lot of action and a lot of the traditional cast. But it's down from subscribing to all the Superman stuff before, and I almost feel like maybe I should be boycotting. If I felt like my buying 1 issue or not buying 1 issue here or there would make a difference, I would be boycotting- it's just that I think these trends are larger than just me, so I am giving the stuff that seems like it might interest me a chance on a non-subscription basis issue by issue, and skipping the stuff like the Superman title that just obviously is not going to be something I'd like (At least for this first arc).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Maybe I'm being dense here, and someone can explain this to me in a way that I can understand.

As a fan of the new52 Superman who does not like SuperDad or his son, how is it good for me when SuperDad/SuperJon comics sell well?

Doesn't them selling well just increase the chances that they will both stay, and that the Superman I am a fan of will never return? It seems like poor sales would increase the chance of new52 Superman returning, a new reboot with a new Superman (Who may be closer to what I'd like than SuperDad), or some change to the status quo like Jon being written out of the series and SuperDad adding some of the memories and personality of new52 Superman in a story sense or just in terms of editorial changing the way he's approached while still being the guy who now know as SuperDad.

Good sales would seem to increase the possibility that SuperDad and SuperJon both become fixtures and no changes are made.

If Superman were in general some really small niche title like, I don't know, Howard the Duck or Nighthawk, the theory that good sales of the issues of the one book they are doing for a character at that level are good for all of that character's fans because the book might cancelled and not come back if it doesn't sell well, kind of holds water. Superman, though, is iconic enough that we know there is going to be a comic book about no matter what (I mean, not until the sun goes supernova in a billion years, but for the next 5-10 years at least, minimum). A sales dip would likely simply trigger exactly the kind of changes I want, or similar ones. Superman in general is not going away. At most, they might reduce him from shipping 6 issues a month (2 Action Comics 2 Superman 2 Justice League) to fewer numbers. But there's going to be at least one. The property is too valuable not to do at least one (Unless we are maybe talking brief temporary hiatus to relaunch with extra hype).

I actually think it's critical that the Jon-centric stuff especially fail so that kid doesn't get incorporated into every potential future reboot, and into movies and TV shows, as a central part of the Superman myth, which is obviously what they are trying to do with him. His sales need to fail and it needs to be shown to be untenable for Superman to be worthwhile for me long-term.

I'll admit, I'm not doing a strict boycott. I am not buying the Superman title right now. I did buy an issue of Action Comics and might stick with that issue by issue if the Jon stuff is kept to a minimum and we see a lot of action and a lot of the traditional cast. But it's down from subscribing to all the Superman stuff before, and I almost feel like maybe I should be boycotting. If I felt like my buying 1 issue or not buying 1 issue here or there would make a difference, I would be boycotting- it's just that I think these trends are larger than just me, so I am giving the stuff that seems like it might interest me a chance on a non-subscription basis issue by issue, and skipping the stuff like the Superman title that just obviously is not going to be something I'd like (At least for this first arc).
    I get what you are saying, but you've gotta realize as a new 52 fan, you should be happy writers that wrote him in the past are writing the main books right now. They may personally care for superdad more, but they will at least be sympathetic and make a stor that would involve new 52 Superman compared to a writer that didn't. You want a reason why you don't want sales to sink? Because then we get new writers they may have even bigger nostalgia goggles that leads to a Superman you can't recognize at all with no traces to new 52 Superman.

As someone who got into comics with n52 Superman's era, I feel your pain, but I've honestly learned to move on because I grew to simply enjoy the character more than any one incarnation and while you are taking a break from the main line, I do recommend you read some Superman comics that aren't from this era to start understanding the character more.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

If something is really flipping you out, don't buy it. I am not saying this as someone who wants anything in particular to fail. I am just saying this as someone who honestly has experience with stuff that I didn't like, then I tried to make myself like it then, and it backfired. Fictional comic book stuff is not something that should be getting you worked up or anxious as a person. Go take a look at something else if one form of entertainment bothers you so much.

If you want an edgier, more adult-oriented version of Superman, I can already direct you at Hernan Guerra from Gods and Monsters. That way you are supporting WB/DC in something that is more to your taste.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 06-18-2016 at 11:33 AM.