Page 26 of 115 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

When New Super-Man is inevitably canceled, they could always give Kon-El a book. The chances of him returning just skyrocketed with YJ getting a season 3, I think.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm still pulling for New Super-Man. It's consistently one of the best comics coming out from the Superman line and DC as a whole. It would just be a total waste to see it go.

As for Kon-El taking Kenan's place as far as having a book goes? Doubt it. His name's not Superboy, and I really doubt they'd create a Superboy book while we're getting a Super Sons book with a Superboy already being firmly established. Kon-El has no famous name of his own to allow for a title all to himself.

Young Justice coming back doesn't mean HIS chances of a book have gone up much at all. It means the teams chances of a book have gone up. I think that's where his, Bart's, Tim's, and Cassandra's chances of returning are. I think that book is all but assured.

However an inevitable YJ book has little to do with the Superman line (I personally think they should put out a YJ book in the Young Animal line of books) I personally think Lee and Johns (New Super-Man's original creators) might keep him alive in the interest of much needed diversity in the Superman line.

I'm not actively rooting for it to fail, because its not like other Super titles are based on its success or failure. I'm just talking about what might be waiting in the wings in the likelihood it doesn't last long much longer. "Its like *insert classic character here* only he's diverse" is always a hard sell, so I had a feeling this would happen. I have no qualms with the attempt, but its chances of success were always going to be small, just based on the history DC readership.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-13-2016 at 07:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    When New Super-Man is inevitably canceled, they could always give Kon-El a book. The chances of him returning just skyrocketed with YJ getting a season 3, I think.
    I'm desperate for them to take another shot a Kon-El.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

"Its like *insert classic character here* only he's diverse"

The biggest part of the problem is that people will write off a book with this sort of assumptive statement. I don't remember the last time Kon was in anything like what New Super-man has been. But like Superlad said, the logic that Kenan's cancellation allowing for them to do Kon doesn't follow. That's like keeping Kara, losing Lana, and filling the gap with Matrix.

Not that I would start speaking doom about the line based on Diamond orders. If that's your only source, you might as well say Batman is second banana to Kurt Russell, right?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Let them fix Kon before giving him a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The biggest part of the problem is that people will write off a book with this sort of assumptive statement. I don't remember the last time Kon was in anything like what New Super-man has been. But like Superlad said, the logic that Kenan's cancellation allowing for them to do Kon doesn't follow. That's like keeping Kara, losing Lana, and filling the gap with Matrix.

Not that I would start speaking doom about the line based on Diamond orders. If that's your only source, you might as well say Batman is second banana to Kurt Russell, right?
    I didn't mean that this book had to be canceled for Kon to get one, I already clarified that. I was just thinking ahead that with this book likely getting canceled sooner than later, it will probably be replaced with something.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, it did seem like you agreed there. What I disagree with is that Kenan is "____ only he's diverse." That's a dismissive way of explaining what Yang and company are doing.

BANNED

New Super-Man #4's estimated sales are at 31,688.

http://www.cbr.com/comics-rebound-in...sales-of-2016/

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    New Super-Man #4's estimated sales are at 31,688.

http://www.cbr.com/comics-rebound-in...sales-of-2016/
    So he's selling around X-men levels.

BANNED

Bad news for those of us enjoying 'Superwoman' and/or 'New Super-Man'.

Both books are now in the cancellation range. 'Superwoman' is in the 30, 000 range and will definitely drop below that with the next issue. 'New Super-Man' is already in the 25, 000 range.

'Superwoman' has been outcharting 'Supergirl' digitally with its more recent releases, but it isn't performing exceptionally well digitally so that won't make a difference when it comes to whether the book is going to be cancelled.

But I also noticed that on a issue to issue basis, 'Superwoman' outsells 'Supergirl' in print. Superwoman #2 sold more than Supergirl #2, etc. So if DC continues to keep Supergirl alive, maybe there's hope for 'Superwoman'.

'Superman' is in the mid 60, 000 range which is good, and higher than where the New 52 issues of the same numbers were at. I think it'll stabilize somewhere between the mid 50, 000 range to the low 60, 000 range.

'Action Comics' is still doing well enough for now, but it looks like it'll be in the Pre-Rebirth range a few months from now. The estimates sales figure for issue #968 is 48,931, which is 13, 362 more than the issue of 'Action Comics' from the same time last year, with both issues having variant covers. But this, November's issue of 'Superman' sold 22029 more copies than last November's issue, so we're seeing one book stabilize at a number higher than where it was Pre-Rebirth, while the other is slowly slipping into the Pre-Rebirth range.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-11.html

BANNED

'New Super-Man', and 'Superwoman' are likely to be cancelled, they are not selling well at all. 'Supergirl' is not doing that great either with its estmated sales in the 30, 000 range.

'Superman' continues to do well, but 'Action Comics' is now in the Pre-Rebirth range, with its latest issues selling in the range of the New 52 Diggle/Daniels issues.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-12.html

The digital charts have been messed up work weeks now with it not updating properly, but the last time everything was in order, 'Superman' was the 2nd best selling comic that week.

Maybe Kenan would have more success in a team book. A Chinese team kinda like the Japanese Super Young Team. Just the idea of him being a "new" Superman will likely just lose even more luster once the more popular Kon-El inevitably returns.

Action will get a boost from Reborn, but it'll likely sink right back to where it is now soon if not right after Reborn ends, and then just steadily decline more. Jurgens looks to still be on for the "Aftermath" storyline, but they'd do well to be looking for a replacement after that come summer time. I'm not sure that will happen, very possible Jurgens has a deal till the end of all of Rebirth, but if so it should be but reconsidered. You can't let Action Comics sink.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-13-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Maybe Kenan would have more success in a team book. A Chinese team kinda like the Japanese Super Young Team. Just the idea of him being a "new" Superman will likely just lose even more luster once the more popular Kon-El inevitably returns.

Action will get a boost from Reborn, but it'll likely sink right back to where it is now soon if not right after Reborn ends, and then just steadily decline more. Jurgens looks to still be on for the "Aftermath" storyline, but they'd do well to be looking for a replacement after that come summer time. I'm not sure that will happen, very possible Jurgens has a deal till the end of all of Rebirth, but if so it should be but reconsidered. You can't let Action Comics sink.
    Maybe if they moved Action away from being the "other, but lesser, Superman" book. Maybe showcasing more people.

They might end New Super-Man and stealth relaunch it as a "Justice League of China" series.