BANNED

Default what was the big deal about Superman's red and blue forms back then?

Back then in the 1990s the only storylines I kept up with for Superman were Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend/World Without Superman, Reign of the Supermen, and Return of Superman and the first issue of Man of Tomorrow.

as for the whole red and blue forms of Superman, what was the big deal about those anyway? Did Superman have different abilities or something if he was in the blue forms etc?

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Back then in the 1990s the only storylines I kept up with for Superman were Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend/World Without Superman, Reign of the Supermen, and Return of Superman and the first issue of Man of Tomorrow.

as for the whole red and blue forms of Superman, what was the big deal about those anyway? Did Superman have different abilities or something if he was in the blue forms etc?
    There were actually two Superman at the time. One was red and one was blue.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    There were actually two Superman at the time. One was red and one was blue.
    yes I frikkin know that. Im asking if Superman had different new abilities with his red and blue forms.

yeah blue form was kind of like Livewire actually....

yes I frikkin know that. Im asking if Superman had different new abilities with his red and blue forms.
    For a guy with "wise" in his name, you could be polite and do a little research yourself.

From Wikipedia:

The second incarnation of Superman Red and Superman Blue began in a 1998 storyline.[3] While temporarily deprived of the solar energy required to give him powers, Superman had developed energy-based abilities,[4] which eventually forced him to adopt a blue and white containment suit to prevent the energy dispersing. While retaining most of his abilities, he could now also sense different kinds of energy, including the trail of radioactivity from a passing van, bolts of electricity and magnetic tractor beams rather than his original heat vision. He was also able to absorb the radiation, although this was incredibly painful. He also gained the ability to turn his powers "off", though this took time to control as he inadvertently fried a toaster at home. This switch to Clark Kent also left him as vulnerable as a normal human, which was a bit of a surprise to him when he stubbed his toe while answering the phone.

Did Superman have different abilities or something if he was in the blue forms etc?
    Your question literally implies you were unaware there were two of them and you thought Superman changed form from Red to Blue to manifest different powers.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.