Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1167
  1. #1141
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    Not that impressive since Action Comics is suppose to be one of the main DC books, but oh well.
    It kinda is, considering Action doesn't sell as much as Superman typically. And here not only outsold it, but gained several thousand sales over last month. Namoi's appearance is likely the cause of that. And like Detective Comics it is seen as the secondary title. So here it was the third best selling DC ongoing behind Batman and Justice League. That actually is kinda impressive if you have any idea of the context of these numbers month to month.

  2. #1142
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It kinda is, considering Action doesn't sell as much as Superman typically. And here not only outsold it, but gained several thousand sales over last month. Namoi's appearance is likely the cause of that. And like Detective Comics it is seen as the secondary title. So here it was the third best selling DC ongoing behind Batman and Justice League. That actually is kinda impressive if you have any idea of the context of these numbers month to month.
    The Year of the Villian special variant cover also probably provided a pretty big boost too. But I agree the Naomi appearance was probably a factor too. I don't think there was a year of the villain variant in October, so that might give us an idea how much of the boost is Year of the Villain and how much is Naomi.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  3. #1143
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,722

    Default

    October 2019 sales numbers:

    Batman Superman #3 - 55,334

    Superman Year One #3 - 53,196

    Tales From The Dark Multiverse Death of Superman #1 - 46,562

    Event Leviathan #5 - 45,057

    Superman #16 - 43,717

    Action Comics #1016 - 40,812

    Legion of Super Heroes Millennium #2 - 39,489

    Superman Smashes The Klan #1 - 24,375

    Young Justice #9 - 24,091

    Lois Lane #4 - 21,280

    Supergirl #35 - 19,102

    Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #4 - 15,820

    Dollar Comics Superman #75 - 17,139

    Superman Up In The Sky #4 - 15,817

    Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-10.html
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-11-2019 at 12:52 PM.

  4. #1144
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Lois Lane sold better than Supergirl..

    Go Lois!

  5. #1145
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Glad to see TotDM - DOS sold decently, hope it helps get Loveness more work.
    Young Justice is not doing well at all, bodes poorly for LoSH
    Glad to see Lois is still in the 20k range, that’s better than I’d have expected.
    We don’t deserve Fraction Jimmy Olsen

  6. #1146
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    So it seems Action's 11,000 unit boost last month was more likely due to the card stock variant than Naomi's presence, unless speculators had interest in Naomi's first appearance with Superman, but not her second. That's a possibility too, I suppose.

    Superman, meanwhile is getting dangerously close to the sales that Tomasi's last issue had. Doesn't look like the title has found its floor yet either, which isn't a great sign. DC has been heavily promoting Superman 18, so we'll see if that provides a bump, but it doesn't look great overall.

    I wish Jimmy was doing better. I truly thought it would given Fraction's success on Hawkeye, but it doesn't look like it's catching on in the same way. Oh well, at least we get these 12 issues.

    And yeah, Young Justice is not in a good spot. Even with the card stock variant, it's only at about 24,000. That's about what Supergirl gets when it has a card stock variant. Not a good sign.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  7. #1147
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,397

    Default

    I'm really wondering how well Legion will sell.

  8. #1148
    Incredible Member Lvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Superman, meanwhile is getting dangerously close to the sales that Tomasi's last issue had. Doesn't look like the title has found its floor yet either, which isn't a great sign. DC has been heavily promoting Superman 18, so we'll see if that provides a bump, but it doesn't look great overall.
    The last 4 issues of Tomasi and Gleason's run were selling from 43,799 to 41,927 according to Comichron so Bendis' numbers are definitely getting close to the end of the previous run already.

  9. #1149
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really wondering how well Legion will sell.
    I don't expect great sales. The Legion hasn't been a real player in a long damn time and the last few attempts were so bland they very possibly drove potential readers away who might not be willing to give it another shot.

    The book itself might be great, Bendis at least seems to have put some real effort in, but if this title manages to be a mid-level seller I'm gonna call that a solid win. Though honestly I'm not even expecting that; I think it'll debut to low numbers for a #1, maybe in the mid 30's, and quickly slide down to low 20's.

    If the book is lucky it'll catch on in another distribution format like digital or trade or whatever the hell (who knows, it could happen), but I think as far as the direct market is concerned this book was DoA.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  10. #1150
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't expect great sales. The Legion hasn't been a real player in a long damn time and the last few attempts were so bland they very possibly drove potential readers away who might not be willing to give it another shot.

    The book itself might be great, Bendis at least seems to have put some real effort in, but if this title manages to be a mid-level seller I'm gonna call that a solid win. Though honestly I'm not even expecting that; I think it'll debut to low numbers for a #1, maybe in the mid 30's, and quickly slide down to low 20's.

    If the book is lucky it'll catch on in another distribution format like digital or trade or whatever the hell (who knows, it could happen), but I think as far as the direct market is concerned this book was DoA.
    Agreed. You’d need a much bigger name than Bendis at this point to get people interested. Johns or Hickman might’ve been able to pull it off. But the fact that it’s another reboot of a team we haven’t seen in a while and I’m not expecting the Bendis reboot to fare any better than the Waid reboot did.

  11. #1151
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,959

    Default

    At this point I'm not even sure if Johns or Hickman would be enough to really make the Legion a big seller. The whole industry seems to be in a bit of an apathetic downward slide right now, and to make the Legion a big deal might require the efforts of a *truly* big name. JK Rowling or someone, yknow?

    Also, Superman Smashes the Klan only sold in the mid 20's? BOOOO. That book was f*cking excellent, some of the best Superman DC has given us in years and years.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  12. #1152
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Also, Superman Smashes the Klan only sold in the mid 20's? BOOOO. That book was f*cking excellent, some of the best Superman DC has given us in years and years.
    I'm assuming that the direct market monthly sales of SStK are just padding out the numbers and the real sales will be once it's collected and in TPB format for book stores/Scholastic/book fair stuff.

  13. #1153
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm assuming that the direct market monthly sales of SStK are just padding out the numbers and the real sales will be once it's collected and in TPB format for book stores/Scholastic/book fair stuff.
    Isn’t DC Superhero Girls a billion dollar franchise at this point? Wouldn’t know that from direct market sales. Yeah I definitely think they expect the majority of sales to be outside the direct market. I seriously hope it sells well.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-12-2019 at 11:14 AM.

  14. #1154
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    At this point I'm not even sure if Johns or Hickman would be enough to really make the Legion a big seller. The whole industry seems to be in a bit of an apathetic downward slide right now, and to make the Legion a big deal might require the efforts of a *truly* big name. JK Rowling or someone, yknow?

    Also, Superman Smashes the Klan only sold in the mid 20's? BOOOO. That book was f*cking excellent, some of the best Superman DC has given us in years and years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm assuming that the direct market monthly sales of SStK are just padding out the numbers and the real sales will be once it's collected and in TPB format for book stores/Scholastic/book fair stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t DC Superhero Girls a billion dollar franchise at this point? Wouldn’t know that from direct market sales. Yeah I definitely think they expect the majority of sales to be outside the direct market. I seriously hope it sells well.
    I mean, it was advertised as a DC Zoom/Ink book so the real barometer is probably how it will sell collected as a graphic novel (which I expect will be pretty well).

  15. #1155
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't expect great sales. The Legion hasn't been a real player in a long damn time and the last few attempts were so bland they very possibly drove potential readers away who might not be willing to give it another shot.

    The book itself might be great, Bendis at least seems to have put some real effort in, but if this title manages to be a mid-level seller I'm gonna call that a solid win. Though honestly I'm not even expecting that; I think it'll debut to low numbers for a #1, maybe in the mid 30's, and quickly slide down to low 20's.

    If the book is lucky it'll catch on in another distribution format like digital or trade or whatever the hell (who knows, it could happen), but I think as far as the direct market is concerned this book was DoA.
    I would not be surprised if Legion #1 pulls in a decent number. DC has been pushing the heck out of it, even going so far as to offer free Legion rings with the first issue. However, any success the first issue has will most likely fall away by issue two.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •