Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    It is childish, hoping for something to fail because you dont like it is very crude, self-absorbed and childish.

I mean for example, I don't care for The Walking Dead TV show. But do I want it to fail just because I dont like it? No. Thousands of people do like it and me wanting it to die because I dont like it would be silly.
    Actually rather than childish it is logical. Why would I want something that I dislike to succeed?
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Actually rather than childish it is logical. Why would I want something that I dislike to succeed?
    Its one thing to want it to fail. It's another to pretty much cheerlead for its failure,as some are.

I hated Truth. I wanted it to fail personally once it became clear there was no real direction and it had devolved into another Eddie Berganza standard meandering mess. so I dropped the books up until Superman #50. I just didn't give DC my 16 bucks a month for the titles.

What I didn't do is come into every thread about it and post about how much I hate it and cheerlead for its failure because I didn't personally like it. I'm sure some did like it. If they did, more power to them and if the books sold well,then good for DC and good for Superman. I just wasn't going to support it with my dollars.

Just to clarify though this isn't aimed at you or really anyone in particular. Just in general.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm not saying that I don't see good points raised but it's quite off topic.

That's Marvel's H-bomb right there. This reminds me of Little Giants, where that small, single victory was enough. Beating CWII in some way even just one time is good.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm not saying that I don't see good points raised but it's quite off topic.

That's Marvel's H-bomb right there. This reminds me of Little Giants, where that small, single victory was enough. Beating CWII in some way even just one time is good.
    Yeah when was the last time a single Superman issue, which was essentially just a 0 issue preview outsold a highly hyped Marvel event?

It'll be interesting what the print sales are when the final numbers comes out.

I'm just glad there is some excitement for Superman again.

As Ascended says though, 6 months from now will tell the tale
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Superman Rebirth #1 is the 4th best selling of the day on Comixology, even selling more than Civil War 2 #1. Other new comics of note that it's outselling are All-New, All Different Avengers, Invincible Iron Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Old Man Logan. These comics chart well digitally, placing close to Ms. Marvel when they are released on the same week, so it's fair to say that Superman Rebirth is off to a great start in terms of digital sales.

It's placement in the digital charts, means it sold at least a 1000 copies digitally on its first day.
    I picked it up digitally, I'm over floppies. I do think they need to implement a subscription discount. For now I'm going with only Action and Superman at full price and will pay $1.99 for some others but most will have to be $.99 sales. If they implement yearly subscription discounts like they always did with print I'd follow a whole lot of DC in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Its one thing to want it to fail. It's another to pretty much cheerlead for its failure,as some are.

I hated Truth. I wanted it to fail personally once it became clear there was no real direction and it had devolved into another Eddie Berganza standard meandering mess. so I dropped the books up until Superman #50. I just didn't give DC my 16 bucks a month for the titles.

What I didn't do is come into every thread about it and post about how much I hate it and cheerlead for its failure because I didn't personally like it. I'm sure some did like it. If they did, more power to them and if the books sold well,then good for DC and good for Superman. I just wasn't going to support it with my dollars.

Just to clarify though this isn't aimed at you or really anyone in particular. Just in general.
    I understand what you mean but Truth was just a storyline that you could just wait till it end so you could read the next thing that might be good and entertaining for you. In the other hand Rebirth means they've killed Superman to appease a bunch of shippers. I won't go as far as monitoring the monthly sales hoping they drop but I won't pretend I'm sad if they do.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If sales go down in the next 6 months, they'll kill Superdad during the next crossover to replace him with Silver-age Superman (superdickery included).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Even bad leaders can make good decisions at times. And Rebirth seems to be one of them, sacrificing a whole initiative in hopes people you dont like will get the boot is just as bad.

lol, a broken clock is correct twice a day.
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

I'm going to try and keep track of the digital performance of the Superman books on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post

I'm going to try and keep track of the digital performance of the Superman books on a daily basis.
    Thank you.

I would really appreciate that.

Despite all the arguing, its obvious that people on all sides of these issues do have an interest in seeing how sales are going, and it'd be a big public service to the forum if you could keep us all up to date.

One caveat about Superman Rebirth #1 outselling the Marvel Civil Wars book is the price point: $2.99 versus $5.99. The Marvel book might have easily sold more digital copies had it not been *double* the price of the Superman book. I mean, I wanted to get the Marvel Civil War 2 series, but took one look at the high price points on some of the issues and said "Nope".

One thing DC Comics is doing right with Rebirth is the $2.99 price point. Lowest in the industry for new issues of ongoing titles. One thing that might help me swallow my pride and give one of the Superman related titles a try issue by issue is the price drop (Hey, they're paying me $1 an issue to put up with Jon! ). It actually is pretty refreshing to see the price of something actually go down when things usually go up.

The high price point on Justice League #50 is one of the reasons I don't have it right now. Seemed like an odd move to raise that price $2 when everything else is going down $1. But I guess it wasn't part of the Rebirth. Still, could have kept it at $3.99 instead of going up to $5.99. I know, more pages printed, collectible, etc., but that doesn't really apply to the digital market.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 06-03-2016 at 11:04 PM.

It's a hunch .. I think Action Comics will sell at more than Superman..

Without the child the character could highlight more.

Although I not interested in it, unlike any comments, I think I have not thrown flashes of hate.. Just my opinion
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-04-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

To be clear people: that "venting" stuff is over. Anyone who might care what you think about the line already knows.

And yeah CWII is twice the price but that honestly doesn't stop a slam dunk. I think DK3 and one or two others came out super expensive like that, too.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Sales will continue to be the best they have been in years, DC Rebirth will spark a new light for the company.

BANNED

Day 2

Superman Rebirth #1 moves up to 3rd place, as DC Rebirth #1 moves down to 4th place.