Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1042
  1. #1021
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    953

    Default

    I guess we can include Young Justice:

    Young Justice #5 - 29,821
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-10-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  2. #1022
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    May 2019 Comic Book Sales:

    Superman #11 - 47,933

    Action Comics #1011 - 42,207

    Superman Leviathan Rising Special #1 - 32,549

    Supergirl #30 - 18,443

    Adventures of the Super Sons #10 - 18,233

    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-05.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess we can include Young Justice:

    Young Justicr #5 - 29,821
    Oof. Gotta wonder how DC feels about those sales at this point. Looks like they’re going to be in the 30k’s soon.

  3. #1023
    Spectacular Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Many of these books would sell twice as much if they were Part of a line wide relaunch.

    What the New 52 and rebirth done correctly was that they were pefect jumping on points. Line wide banners are a good idea. It pretty much screams '' hop on'', and it doesnt have to coincide with a renumbering.

  4. #1024
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    I'd imagine they are probably pretty happy actually. Action lost 110 from last month and Superman 869. Between March and April Superman only lost 117, Action 697. That's pretty solid. Green Lantern lost over 4,000 and Batman even more between April and May. The Superbooks are holding steady more or less and are some of the best selling ongoing books.

    And the Event Leviathan Special was a $9.99 book that sold over 30,000 copies and is going back for a second printing.

  5. #1025
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'd imagine they are probably pretty happy actually. Action lost 110 from last month and Superman 869. Between March and April Superman only lost 117, Action 697. That's pretty solid. Green Lantern lost over 4,000 and Batman even more between April and May. The Superbooks are holding steady more or less and are some of the best selling ongoing books.

    And the Event Leviathan Special was a $9.99 book that sold over 30,000 copies and is going back for a second printing.
    Yeah. The sales seem stable at the moment. That is quite positive, since these are good numbers.

    Also, I suppose DC did not expect Superman to sell 100K. That kind of expectations is for Batman.


    That said, Young Justice #5 under 30K seems worrisome.

  6. #1026
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Always seemed like a bad idea to have a teen titans ongoing and a young justice ongoing at the same time.

  7. #1027
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Always seemed like a bad idea to have a teen titans ongoing and a young justice ongoing at the same time.
    Considering the different casts, tones, and name recognition I would think both would have as much of a chance as the other.

  8. #1028
    Spectacular Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Comixology ranks:
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #1 is 1
    SUPERMAN #12 is 3
    SUPERGIRL # 31 is 14

    SUPERMAN outsells the likes of immortal hulk, detective comics, The flash year one and amazing Spider-Man.

    I think under Bendis the digital Sales of Superman have skyrocketed. I will check comixology rankings during Rebirth to compare.

  9. #1029
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Comixology ranks:
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #1 is 1
    SUPERMAN #12 is 3
    SUPERGIRL # 31 is 14

    SUPERMAN outsells the likes of immortal hulk, detective comics, The flash year one and amazing Spider-Man.

    I think under Bendis the digital Sales of Superman have skyrocketed. I will check comixology rankings during Rebirth to compare.
    Digitally he sells great but I think the Tomasi Superman run sold great digitally too until they had that summer of filler which caused the book to fall severely.

  10. #1030
    Fantastic Member MeGrimlock420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Physical comic ranks:

    2. Event Leviathan #1
    8. Superman #12

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ounters-laugh/
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 06-16-2019 at 08:56 AM.

  11. #1031
    Spectacular Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Digitally he sells great but I think the Tomasi Superman run sold great digitally too until they had that summer of filler which caused the book to fall severely.
    Yeah, I was just surprised to see it 3rd place because of the steep competition. He outsells the printed best sellers, which are also critically acclaimed.

  12. #1032
    (formerly "Superman") JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Comixology ranks:
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #1 is 1
    SUPERMAN #12 is 3
    SUPERGIRL # 31 is 14

    SUPERMAN outsells the likes of immortal hulk, detective comics, The flash year one and amazing Spider-Man.

    I think under Bendis the digital Sales of Superman have skyrocketed. I will check comixology rankings during Rebirth to compare.
    Interesting! I wonder if this has anything to do with what I'd said about Superman having a wider "general market" appeal - as in he does better outside of the comic shop crowd than he does in it. I'd love to know the demographics of those buying Superman digitally, and what else they're picking up.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

  13. #1033
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    I live outside the US so I get all of my comics on Comixology. Even though there's a comic book shop that recently opened not far from where I work, I prefer the digital medium where comics are concerned.

  14. #1034
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Interesting! I wonder if this has anything to do with what I'd said about Superman having a wider "general market" appeal - as in he does better outside of the comic shop crowd than he does in it. I'd love to know the demographics of those buying Superman digitally, and what else they're picking up.
    Ive said it for years; it is our natural predisposition to love Superman. People have to be given an active reason to dislike the character. Regretfully, DC has given people at the LCS plenty of reason over the years as they mismanage and marginalize him, but the rest of the world? They love (the idea of) Superman and will always gravitate to the character until/unless what they find is so awful it puts them off the character.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  15. #1035
    (formerly "Superman") JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ive said it for years; it is our natural predisposition to love Superman. People have to be given an active reason to dislike the character. Regretfully, DC has given people at the LCS plenty of reason over the years as they mismanage and marginalize him, but the rest of the world? They love (the idea of) Superman and will always gravitate to the character until/unless what they find is so awful it puts them off the character.
    Absolutely. I get why the LCS groups wouldn't like him as much as others; there's a certain general mentality in the LCS world about what's "cool" that would be there even without DC's mismanagement - why they'll almost always pick Wolverine over Superman, for instance - but the general public is a very different animal.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •