Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Superman by Josh Williamson and Jamal Campbell Discussion & Spoilers

Villain for the first arc is apparently Parasite and Lex is in jail after the events of Action 1050. Lot of classic Superman villains are planned to be featured, Silver Banshee, Livewire, Bizarro, etc. Also the classic Superman Daily Planet cast will be showing up here too.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-08-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wow. Superman getting a solo again. It was about time.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really fell in love with Jamal's artwork after reading Naomi, very glad he'll still be playing in the Sueprman sandbox. I like that this seems to feel like a very return to status quo for for Superman. I wonder if they are planning on having Lois going back to the planet, with perry and jimmy on the cover?

Looking foward to it!
    Too bad it's only release in February.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really fell in love with Jamal's artwork after reading Naomi, very glad he'll still be playing in the Sueprman sandbox. I like that this seems to feel like a very return to status quo for for Superman. I wonder if they are planning on having Lois going back to the planet, with perry and jimmy on the cover?
    Isn’t she still at the Planet? Or am I forgetting something? Williamson is definitely a “classic” kind of writer so I fully expect this will be going for a very safe meat and potatoes kind of run. I think the cop up there is supposed to be a new take on Inspector (Commissioner?) Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t she still at the Planet? Or am I forgetting something?
    I feel like she isn't? From what I remember, she is just writing books now as seen in warworld rising and started working for the truth network that Jon's boyfriend runs.

EDIT: It's so funny we are talking about this, because Williamson just said in a interview Lois will become the (temporary) editor in chief of the daily planet in issue 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGdkLaQrzQ

Williamson said a lot in this interview and gave a few spoilers, recommend checking it out
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 10-08-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Finally. Maybe I can finally be on board for something again. Livewire and a host of not-new-yet-fresh villains sounds intriguing.

They still haven't fixed Lois's hair though.

Who's the lady on the top right and the guy with the ponytail?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I feel like she isn't? From what I remember, she is just writing books now as seen in warworld rising and started working for the truth network that Jon's boyfriend runs.

EDIT: It's so funny we are talking about this, because Williamson just said in a interview Lois will become editor in chief of the daily planet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGdkLaQrzQ
    Oh yeah that’s right Taylor tried to have her join The Truth. Looks like that’s getting scrapped. Hmm I guess Perry is retiring? Lois being editor in chief sounds fun, guess that means Clark is going to have to do his reporting solo from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Finally. Maybe I can finally be on board for something again. Livewire and a host of not-new-yet-fresh villains sounds intriguing.

Lady I think is Mercy Graves. The guy is unknown, Dragonpiece theorized it may be a new version of Inspector Henderson. Maybe Commissioner Henderson since Taylor poached Sawyer and Turpin for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Heh, glad to see you back excited about superman books again. We just need superlad posting more in the forum again.

Thank ya, very nice of you to say, hope to have more to post about soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lady I think is Mercy Graves. The guy is unknown, Dragonpiece theorized it may be a new version of Inspector Henderson. Maybe Commissioner Henderson since Taylor poached Sawyer and Turpin for Nightwing.
    Oh okay, yeah that all makes sense, I can see the badge on the guy's shirt now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Heh, glad to see you back excited about superman books again. We just need superlad posting more in the forum again.
    Him and Dispenser hate Williamson so I don’t think this is going to draw them back

Mighty Member

I generally like Williamson's stuff so I'll give this a chance.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Williamson's a generally decent writer overall, his Robin was acclaimed and I love his Rogues mini

I won't hold Dark Crisis against but his Shadow War event was pretty middling

Here's hoping for the best from him

Williamson is at his best when he’s just doing solid character work and fun action stories. It’s when he tries to copy Morrison or write huge events that he falters (although I quite enjoyed his big finale story for his run on Flash, Finish Line). Oh and Nick Dragotta is the other artist drawing the book besides Campbell so this should be very pretty.