Page 28 of 115 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Kenan to JLC (Justice League of China), and Superwoman to Action when it becomes the family book. Action changing into a family book then could affect sales positively. Maybe. If the appeal there makes up for Jurgens' questionable writing.

In other news super sons is selling extremely well...Jon is gonna stay around for a while
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is around a long time, nor would I be surprised if this book is a consistent hit, but nonetheless its worth mentioning that this is still just the beginning. A number 1 selling well is not indicative of anything. This book needs more than one issues under its belt, and Jon a longer than 8 months of existence before we start proclaiming this the best thing ever. Again, my gut tells me this WILL last, even if I don't care for the status quo that much. But all the same its way too early to know for sure beyond gut feelings.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-20-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    In other news super sons is selling extremely well...Jon is gonna stay around for a while
    Digitally it's off to a great start.

We won't get the data for print sales until next month, but it'll likely do very well.

BANNED

Some good news for Action.

The lead up to 'Reborn' has given it a boost digitally, with it now sitting at the number 2 position on Comixology's chart. I'm pretty certain that's the highest Action has charted digitally since Rebirth began.

Print sales should also be up for issue 974 and onward until 'Reborn' concludes.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Some good news for Action.

The lead up to 'Reborn' has given it a boost digitally, with it now sitting at the number 2 position on Comixology's chart. I'm pretty certain that's the highest Action has charted digitally since Rebirth began.

Print sales should also be up for issue 974 and onward until 'Reborn' concludes.
    Depending how good they stick the landing, I can sells sticking at least for the aftermath issues.

BANNED

February's Top 100 Graphic Novels

I'll toss in Wonder Woman since the relevant story does sort of have the final say on her relationship with N52 Superman: The Lies was number 5
    Action Comics: Path of Doom ranks in at Number 7
    Superman: Son of Superman reached number 55.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    February's Top 100 Graphic Novels

I'll toss in Wonder Woman since the relevant story does sort of have the final say on her relationship with N52 Superman: The Lies was number 5
    Action Comics: Path of Doom ranks in at Number 7
    Superman: Son of Superman reached number 55.
    'Son of Superman' actually debuted at number 4 last month.

This is its 2nd month on the list, in case anyone was wondering why the gap between it and Path of Doom was so large.

BANNED

Oh right, sorry...kind of my first rodeo with these charts.

BANNED

Looking at where Action Comics is placing compared to last month, I think the Reborn sales bump has already begun for that book.

Sales will probably be higher than last month.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...Selling-Comics

BANNED

Super Sons #1 debuted to over 90, 000 copies. That's lower than Supergirl, Superwoman, and New Super-Man, but I expect Super Sons to have better drops and stabilize at a higher number. If the 2nd printings numbers aren't included in this estimate, then issue #1 will definitely sell more than Supergirl, and Superwoman.

Superman has bigger drops than usual, continuing the trend from last month but I expect this to be because of the fill-in art for Multiplicity, and some people skipping on the Jon focused issue, probably writing it off as filler. Sales will increase with Reborn.

Action Comics did not see an increase in sales like I was expecting, but Reborn had yet to begun for that book. I thought the increase in chart position and the lead up to Reborn improving its digital performance to be reflected in print, but I was being premature. Sales should increase next month with the actual crossover.

There is an indicator of this with the book's sales dropping by a smaller amount. 1335 to last month's 1784.

But, DC will need to something about this book after Reborn, because sales for its 17th issue are lower than issue #23 of New 52 Action, which was the 2nd part of a Scott Lobdell fill-in story.

Superwoman is in the 20, 000 range, but just barely. New Super-Man falls just short of 17, 000. Supergirl is in the 26, 000 range.

http://blog.comichron.com/2017/03/fe...ates.html#more

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Super Sons #1 debuted to over 90,000 copies. That's lower than Supergirl, Superwoman, and New Super-Man, but I expect Super Sons to have better drops and stabilize at a higher number. If the 2nd printings numbers aren't included in this estimate, then issue #1 will definitely sell more than Supergirl, and Superwoman.
    The 2nd printing is scheduled for release on March 22 so nope, definitely not on the charts yet. It may not even be on March's Top 300. Oh well, we'll see what happens next month.

I think there was definitely quite a bit of over ordering during the initial Rebirth release but it seems like stores have gone more conservative now and are just ordering based on normal expected demand.

I looked up numbers for Teen Titans. Rebirth one-shot is 93,411 with a drop off to 71,459 by issue #1. That may be what the stores are using as a gauge.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 03-06-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

I'm just hoping new 52 stays dead

BANNED

Not likely Superboy Prime.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 03-06-2017 at 06:19 PM.

I'm just hoping they ditch SuperDad and son and restore New52 Superman to his rightful place as Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Not likely Superboy Prime.
    what makes you so sure? All signs point to him being written out completely post-reborn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    what makes you so sure? All signs point to him being written out completely post-reborn.
    Rebirth so far seems to be a combination of pre and post flashpoint continuity. So expecting everything to go 100% pre flashpoint is just setting yourself for disappointment.

Besides, I had to deal with "New 52 ruined my life" whiners for a long time. And everytime it gets more irritating than any reboot.