Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    What's your take?
    Bendis' books are selling like an average Superman comic, prob they'll be in the 40k range in 2 months.

Supergirl isn't selling well either. She sold more during the new52.

Supersons' sales are mediocre. The series will end up in the 10k range soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Supersons' sales are mediocre. The series will end up in the 10k range soon.
    Not too surprising given the nature of the book-as-prequel, though I also don't think there's enough story for twelve issues either to sustain interest.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Not too surprising given the nature of the book-as-prequel, though I also don't think there's enough story for twelve issues either to sustain interest.
    If I'm not mistaken the current Super-Sons series doesn't have variant covers. If it had them, sales numbers would be close to the ones of the last issues of the first series.

This is what happens when the next "era" isn't a relaunch-type initiative. Its frankly disheartening. Its the only way books (again, as always, not including Batman) get a boost, and even then its short-lived. When you go beyond today's average initiative period without a major gimmick included in the next one, this is the result. I've seen it to too many times. Higher priority stuff they don't let fall to the same depths they'll allow a Supergirl or a Super Sons to fall though, hence why even when they try to avoid it, its not that long till the next gimmick inevitably comes. Its hard to completely fault them rather faulting the readers as we are the ones who at the end of the day exacerbate the trend. All the while screaming to just tell good stories. Its an odd, hypocritical conundrum about us comic fans. Not like I have an answer or anything, I can barely wrap my head around it myself beyond just seeing the patterns.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

The problem of the comic industrie is in my opinion, that they lost their costumers through negligence and never manage to lure in new costumers from the movies and TV shows.
    So they need one "gimmick" after the other to keep a few people buying, which probably only drives a lot of new readers away, because when they like something it will be away soon. They teach there costumers not to get attached or to quit buying.

Attachment on the other hand is an emotion that would keep people buy something. Unfortunately in comics the only thing you are a allowed to get attached to, is a vague concept what the main character should be.
    Unfortunately for Superman even that concept isn't the same for everyone.

BANNED

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List For The Week

Batman Who Laughs #2
    Detective Comics #996
    Amazing Spider-Man #13
    Fantastic Four #6
    Superman #7
    Conan The Barbarian #2
    Venom #10
    Uncanny X-Men #10
    Invaders #1
    Return Of Wolverine #4

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-edgy-juggalo/

BANNED

I'm always surprised there are even old readers of single issues... I have been reading comics on and off something like 17 years or something, I only read 1 Batman HC book in a year, get dissapointed and read the next book next year lol that is my phase... lol I'm still at Batman: Super Heavy (Bunny Armor Gordon) book... Superman on the other hand, i don't get it, i got Super Sons Omnibus though... I like Damian. I almost quit getting anything outside of Omnibus and Absolute, if the run doesn't cut it to an Omni or Absolute, then it most certainly doesn't worth my time. I got Superboy and The Legion of Super Heroes Deluxe, vol. 1 recently though... there are exceptions here and there but for old runs... Don't get me wrong, i like Superman but i don't have much fait in the stories... Last single issue which i got was Action Comics 1000... i got two covers and the stories in it were terrible... i was like even the corner stone like 1000 is terrible, how can the rest be good, and forever dropped Superman. I may get an omnibus here and there, if the book makes it there, but nothing less for new runs anymore.
    Last edited by Gurz; 01-20-2019 at 02:20 PM.

BANNED

BC has an article up on DC Comics selling almost Half as many xomics a month than previously

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...as-it-used-to/

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

BC has an article up on DC Comics selling almost Half as many xomics a month than previously

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...as-it-used-to/
    Clickbait.

They are publishing half as many comics per month. Thats why.

BANNED

Comixology Top 25 For The Week

Batman #63
    Justice League #16
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #1
    Avengers #13
    Shazam! #2
    Guardians of the Galaxy #1
    Star Wars #50
    Immortal Hulk #12
    The Wild Storm #19
    Aquaman #55
    Naomi #1
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1
    Monstress #19
    Superior Spider-Man #2
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #2
    Teen Titans #26
    The Batman Who Laughs #2
    Fantastic Four #6
    Superman #7

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...t-donny-cates/

BANNED

Top ten BC bestsellers of the week:

Batman #63
    Justice League #16
    Shazam #2
    Immortal Hulk #12
    Avengers #13
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #1
    Naomi #1
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #2
    Lucifer #4

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...man-guardians/

BANNED

A triple header for Super books this week

Heroes in Crisis #5
    Justice League Annual #1
    Action Comics #1007

Detective Comics #997
    Amazing Spider-Man #14
    The Flash Annual #2
    Captain America #7
    The Flash #63
    Age of X-Man Alpha #1
    Wonder Woman #63
    Justice League Odyssey #5
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #28
    Ms. Marvel #37
    Teen Titans Annual #1
    West Coast Avengers #7
    Life is Strange #3
    X-Force #2
    Doctor Strange #10
    The Terrifics #12
    Fantastic Four #6
    Naomi #1
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #1
    Dead Man Logan #3
    Books of Magic #4

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...is-5-5th-week/

BANNED

Top ten bestsellers:

Heroes in Crisis #5
    Detective Comics #997
    Justice League Annual #1
    Amazing Spider-Man #14
    Captain America #7
    Age Of X-Man Alpha #1
    Action Comics #1007
    Flash #63
    Flash Annual #2
    Marvel Knights 20 #5

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...f-x-men-alpha/

A five-five split, Marvel and DC-but it’s interesting that former top ten titles like Justice League Odyssey, Flash, and Wonder Woman no longer come near making the list. The DC decline is increasing with each week as more and more readers object to the negative, dark direction that DC has taken post-Rebirth.

I'm getting the sense that what we see as an underperformance or even failure of Bendis to catch on, is in actuality pretty successful given the overall state of the comics market. It looks like outside of events and Batman, Action and Superman are some of DC's most successful books.

While historically they may be "average" numbers for a Superman book, in the context of 2019 they may actually be overperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm getting the sense that what we see as an underperformance or even failure of Bendis to catch on, is in actuality pretty successful given the overall state of the comics market. It looks like outside of events and Batman, Action and Superman are some of DC's most successful books.

While historically they may be "average" numbers for a Superman book, in the context of 2019 they may actually be overperforming.
    True - and I think Bendis is pretty good at getting press/etc for his stories and knowing what to say to grab people. If that can be combined with solid storytelling consistently, things might be pretty awesome.

Jury's still out, but while I've got some large reservations... I'm still hopeful, overall.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/