Page 109 of 115 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1715

I get it, but it looks real dumb to stick Watchmen and Doomsday Clock together.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I get it, but it looks real dumb to stick Watchmen and Doomsday Clock together.
    Yeah, they really should be separate entities (for so many reasons).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't bother with sales charts. We don't have the full real sales numbers.

Either way titles that fall out of top 100 tend not to last long.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Both Superman and Batman Superman: World's Finest performed really well in October sales in both Units and Dollars charts according to ICv2:

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-october-2023

Also the YA book, Superman: Harvest of Youth ranked #13 on the Top 20 Graphic Novels by Units charts.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-october-2023
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Fascinating to see GODS this high after retailer complaints that preorders were very low.

So either retailer twitter is bullshit or just another example of icv2 numbers being made up.

10 Superman #7 (#850)

14 Batman Superman World’s Finest #20

64 Action Comics #1058

82 Superman Lost #7 (Of 10)

116 Power Girl #2

120 Superboy The Man of Tomorrow #6 (Of 6)

140 Action Comics #1057 (Resolicitation)

188 Superman #6 (Resolicitation)

Unranked: Steelworks #5
    Gotta hand it to Williamson, it’s rare indeed to see a non-#1 Superman comic in the top 10. Waid managed to get into the top 15 and PKJ Action managed to climb up from 80 to 64. Even Lost went up a little in the rankings.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gotta hand it to Williamson, it’s rare indeed to see a non-#1 Superman comic in the top 10. Waid managed to get into the top 15 and PKJ Action managed to climb up from 80 to 64. Even Lost went up a little in the rankings.
    True enough. Especially since who knew what sales would be like after getting back on track after the Night Terrors stuff. Fears of sapping momentum abound, so it's good that the interest didn't get too sacked by that event.

On the other hand, wasn't Superman #7 the big anniversary issue? So that could have affected sales as well. Will be interesting to see how the sales are for the forthcoming Brainiac event and all the other stuff going on.

It's nice to see all the books doing well and/or rising up the ranks a bit. DC's push of the Supes stuff is def welcome.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    ...but I can point out that ICV2 (a SECTION of all sales) puts up their sales figures every month, and that those (while not 100% of the big picture) give a damn good indication of how titles are performing in the marketplace.
    So Slott differs from Waid and PKJ in that he thinks the ICV2 charts are a good indication of how sales are. Guess I’ll keep sharing them then.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I have a question about a guy on You Tube .
    I accidentally found a guy on YouTube named Wes and his channel is " Thinking Critical " .
    He's so Fucking Negative about the direction of DC & Marvel comics .
    Is there anyone on here that thinks he's full of bullshit and just wants clicks or is he on to something ?
    He thinks that both DC & Marvel are about to Crash soon .
    I'll stop watching him if I get negative feedback on the guy .
    Thanks all !!!

P.S., All feedback appreciated !

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I accidentally found a guy on YouTube named Wes and his channel is " Thinking Critical " .
    Is there anyone on here that thinks he's full of bullshit and just wants clicks or is he on to something ?
    Thanks all !!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    yes, there is *raises hand*

However, he does make one valid point or rather regurgitates a valid point made by others much wiser than he'll ever be; American Comic Books overall year after year are doing increasingly poorly (and have for roughly a decade now) compared to Manga, especially with younger and female demographics. There is no denying that point I'm afraid. The reasons behind this decline are multifaceted including I would argue the inaccessibility of comic books for many demographics such as the young and women versus the easy accessibility of Manga. I know many kids, teens, POCs, and most of all women who hate going into a comic book shop because of the "whole atmosphere" but who are at home in a Barnes & Noble for example where Manga reigns supreme.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-23-2023 at 07:53 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Thanks all !!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    Right now sales across the board are down for the direct market, most people agree on that from what I’ve seen they just disagree on the reason why. These trends tend to go in cycles - the down period of the end of the 90s gave way to Marvel’s resurgence in the 00s. DC did the New 52 reboot to regain momentum after the 00s was a crash period for them. Optimistically we may see something similar happen next year. We have some big events coming like Hickman Ultimate Spider-Man, Breevort relaunching the X-Line, or DC relaunching the JL on the way which hopefully will help turn things around.

Incredible Member

Right now sales across the board are down for the direct market, most people agree on that from what I’ve seen they just disagree on the reason why. These trends tend to go in cycles - the down period of the end of the 90s gave way to Marvel’s resurgence in the 00s. DC did the New 52 reboot to regain momentum after the 00s was a crash period for them. Optimistically we may see something similar happen next year. We have some big events coming like Hickman Ultimate Spider-Man, Breevort relaunching the X-Line, or DC relaunching the JL on the way which hopefully will help turn things around.

Thanks, I agree that there's always the possibility of the market getting better again.
    I'm mainly a DC reader but when Hickman was doing FF a few years ago , I was all in and buying every issue .
    I still buy about 4 books a week ,actually this week bought 8 books. I'm happy to help support my LCS .
    I think that the Manga books really sell well , but they're not for me . I'm an older guy who's been reading since the early 90's and I like most of DC's characters . Also love Spidey but right now it's not too good .
    I'm happy to see Superman getting much love nowadays . He was the first Super Hero that I ever knew about .
    With inflation it's a tough market right now , but it could always turn around and I'm optimistic .
    Just because I read mostly DC , if Marvel is doing really good , I'm happy too .
    It's a win for the industry .

Food for Thought -

One thing that few people (including few so-called analysts on YouTube or elsewhere) ever take into account is that the North American (US and Canada) population was smaller when many top comic books were routinely selling millions of copies per issue. If one takes into account the current population of North America the overall or per capita (meaning the likely percentage of people buying comic books) sales decline during the last thirty years or so has been far steeper than the raw figures indicate on the surface. This is why I'm a bit skeptical of the cyclical sales argument.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-27-2023 at 07:27 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-november-2023
    32. Supergirl Special #1
    34. Batman/Superman World’s Finest #21
    45. Superman #8
    Give Kara a book DC! Clearly there’s interest! Flucatations in the rankings of these are insane, are variants propping up books that much?