Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1715
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

World's Finest continues to be a massive hit in comic sales.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

That is good news and a good way to start the year.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Action Comics #1050 made the top 30 in December's Top 50 Comics sales

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-december-2022

On a related note, Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special #1 charted high on November's charts even topping the Dollar charts.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-november-2022
    And since the issue debuted towards the end of the month, the list doesn’t incorporate any sales tail which means it could have done even better than shown. Hope so anyway but PKJ seemed confident he’d be on another year at least, I’m betting 1050 did well enough to get DC to commit to that.

Unrelated but Fitzmartin is going to be gone soon, the sales for the Tim mini are atrocious. Least I won’t have to worry about her getting her hands on Conner!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I can't help but notice that these figures, even the ones touted as positives (With the exception of the sort of retrospective anniversary of the first death of Superman) are way lower than the sales were when a certain other Superman was the Superman of the DC Universe.

Maybe this is (Ahem)...

A job for New52 Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I can't help but notice that these figures, even the ones touted as positives (With the exception of the sort of retrospective anniversary of the first death of Superman) are way lower than the sales were when a certain other Superman was the Superman of the DC Universe.

Maybe this is (Ahem)...

That's an odd way of spelling Kid!Jon.

Maybe this is (Ahem)...

BANNED

Actually, the respectful sales for the Death of Superman retrospective proves audiences want to see more of Dan Jurgens Rebirth era Superman status quo since the book's core story is about that version of Clark overcoming a new Doomsday-like creature while his young child processes the day he died for the first time.

I have a lot of confidence in those young Jon shorts coming to Action Comics
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 01-15-2023 at 05:59 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    That's an odd way of spelling Kid!Jon.
    Tomasi's jon run and morrison new52 were great..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Maybe this is (Ahem)...

I recommend reading Morrison’s Superman & The Authority if you haven’t already, that serves as a great “epilogue” to their Action run. And if you want a young unmarried Superman there’s Waid’s World’s Finest and upcoming Testament books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Actually, the respectful sales for the Death of Superman retrospective proves audiences want to see more of Dan Jurgens Rebirth era Superman status quo since the book's core story is about that version of Clark overcoming a new Doomsday-like creature while his young child processes the day he died for the first time.

I have a lot of confidence in those young Jon shorts coming to Action Comics
    Do they or does this show a bigger problem in the industry today that readers are more interested in the past than new comics? DC Comics could come out with a story where Damian witnessed Bane breaking Batman's back and it would sell well too (I'm confident they did publish this story). Frank Miller still outsells half of DC Comics line up. Grant Morrison's Klaus kickstarter did good as Batman or any other event book DC and Marvel puts out.

From what I can tell, Peter Tomasi's Superman is the real winner during Rebirth for the Superman line up.

BANNED

Dan Didio was on Mark Miller's podcast and he said that Superman books normally sell better overseas

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Dan Didio was on Mark Miller's podcast and he said that Superman books normally sell better overseas

What's the timestap?

Incredible Member

That's pretty consistent with what Didio said about American writers asking for Batman and foreign writers asking for Superman.

Granted, it's not my experience when talking with friends about comics. Certainly haven't felt like Superman is particularly more liked than your Batmans or Flashs or others.

Astonishing Member

It's good to see that sales impoved so much.
    Just to think about it, this is a good example of how a good writer can significantly improve sales in a long term.