Page 78 of 115 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1712
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It seems like legion is selling really well on comixology if that's any indication of things.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It seems like legion is selling really well on comixology if that's any indication of things.
    I checked and it’s at #4 on the top ten list for its first issue, so it didn’t beat the new X-books (which I didn’t expect it to), or Batman (which is a little disappointing). But we’ll see what happens.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I checked and it’s at #4 on the top ten list for its first issue, so it didn’t beat the new X-books (which I didn’t expect it to), or Batman (which is a little disappointing). But we’ll see what happens.
    I mean who expected it to beat the most popular conics right now? This is still pretty huge when we are talking about the legion here, not a A list book.

That's nice to hear about the Legion .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm assuming that the direct market monthly sales of SStK are just padding out the numbers and the real sales will be once it's collected and in TPB format for book stores/Scholastic/book fair stuff.
    I'd hope so. The book is clearly built for that kind of format and audience. But it's DC, so I never just assume they make the smart business choice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That looks pretty good if you ask me. No way the Legion outsells the mutants or Bat, especially with the effort Marvel has put in with Hickman's run. Hitting #4 is pretty damn impressive for this IP.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Apparently Superman #17 sold out.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...aling-sellout/

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Was just about to post this. No second printing? That’s a bit surprising, I wonder why.

I was so happy to get a copy of 'Man and Superman'. That was very good and enjoyable, and the art gorgeous.

I'm also very curious to get the full 'Superman Up in the Sky' story by Tom King. It sounds kind of special. 'Superman Smashes the Clan' also sounds real special so far.

Bendis Superman not sure, it sounds too divisive.

Oh, Smash is absolutely worth getting. If you like the Golden Age or the Fleischer cartoons it's a total, complete must-have story (so far anyway). Don't even wait for the trade, grab the single issues. It's that good.

King's story seems pretty good so far. I've only picked up the LCS printings so I don't know how it ends, and I actually took it off the pull list after the Flash issue, but it's solid. Pretty classic but basic, there's not much there you probably haven't seen before, but it's a enjoyable, "safe" Superman story that's well crafted.

Bendis....give it a try? For my money it's some of the best Superman we've gotten in at least ten years. But if you're a post-Crisis/Rebirth fan above all else, it's going to feel jarring and weird. Bendis pulls from all eras of Superman, not just that narrow vision, and that isn't for everyone.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, Smash is absolutely worth getting. If you like the Golden Age or the Fleischer cartoons it's a total, complete must-have story (so far anyway). Don't even wait for the trade, grab the single issues. It's that good.

King's story seems pretty good so far. I've only picked up the LCS printings so I don't know how it ends, and I actually took it off the pull list after the Flash issue, but it's solid. Pretty classic but basic, there's not much there you probably haven't seen before, but it's a enjoyable, "safe" Superman story that's well crafted.

Bendis....give it a try? For my money it's some of the best Superman we've gotten in at least ten years. But if you're a post-Crisis/Rebirth fan above all else, it's going to feel jarring and weird. Bendis pulls from all eras of Superman, not just that narrow vision, and that isn't for everyone.
    I like things from all eras of Superman. I just get this feeling Bendis is too divisive. I'll wait on it. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I like things from all eras of Superman. I just get this feeling Bendis is too divisive. I'll wait on it. thanks
    Are you American and have a library card? Can always check out Hoopla, Bendis first two trades should be on there.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

November 2019 sales number:

Legion of Super Heroes #1 (both covers) - 75,611

Batman Superman #4 (both covers) - 59,646

Action Comics #1017 (both covers) - 46,740

Superman #17 - 46,132

Event Leviathan #6 - 42,092

Supergirl #36 (both covers) - 29,738

Young Justice #10 #24,162

Lois Lane #5 - 19,559

Supergirl Annual #2 - 17,134

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #5 - 14,586

Superman Up In The Sky #5 - 14,186

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-11.html

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    November 2019 sales number:

Legion of Super Heroes #1 (both covers) - 75,611

Batman Superman #4 (both covers) - 59,646

Action Comics #1017 (both covers) - 46,740

Superman #17 - 46,132

Event Leviathan #6 - 42,092

Supergirl #36 (both covers) - 29,738

Young Justice #10 #24,162

Lois Lane #5 - 19,559

Supergirl Annual #2 - 17,134

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #5 - 14,586

Superman Up In The Sky #5 - 14,186

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-11.html
    That's a decent figure for Legion seeing as the headliner is so divisive.

YJ really isn't doing very well at all. No 10 and already so low despite all the stops Dc and bendis pulled out to launch this. This generation and line of books shouldn't be the face of teen comics at DC. TT is almost at issue 40 has an unknown and unlikable cast aside from Damian who is quite divisive and yet they are beating YJ in sales. how did the buzz for YJ die so quick?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That's a decent figure for Legion seeing as the headliner is so divisive.

YJ really isn't doing very well at all. No 10 and already so low despite all the stops Dc and bendis pulled out to launch this. This generation and line of books shouldn't be the face of teen comics at DC. TT is almost at issue 40 has an unknown and unlikable cast aside from Damian who is quite divisive and yet they are beating YJ in sales. how did the buzz for YJ die so quick?
    My guess? It’s been so long since the last series, and YJ the cartoon is nothing like YJ the comic, so you can’t even leech some of the cartoon fandom over to the book. Bendis’ tendency to drag things out is also doing him no favors, hopefully Walker joining him on the book will help.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.