Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1712

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Superman selling below Ric Grayson really, really hurt me in a way I didn't realize it would. While I enjoy the Bendis era, it really does not seem to be selling and it does seem like a change was necessary.

Yeah, Joker War and the hope he finally snaps back to Dick Grayson, but still. Ric Grayson beating Superman that handily is a real gutpunch.
    I think Nightwing got a boost because of the announcement that Dick was returning and because it tied in to Joker War. Ric was waaaaaay below Superman last time we had numbers.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think Nightwing got a boost because of the announcement that Dick was returning and because it tied in to Joker War. Ric was waaaaaay below Superman last time we had numbers.
    I realize it has to be that, but it's still rough considering it's not even his return. It's basically the start of it, but you're still getting that Ric Grayson^TM flavor you hate so much.

The promise of eventual Nightwing is a bigger draw than Superman. I absolutely adore Nightwing. He's usually my second favorite character after Clark, but that's a sign that something does need to change.

The promise of eventual Nightwing is a bigger draw than Superman. I absolutely adore Nightwing. He's usually my second favorite character after Clark, but that's a sign that something does need to change.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in this. Nightwing holding down the #19 spot? With Ric still going on? This had nothing to do with Dick or Clark and everything to do with Joker War. Hell, Nightwing rarely sold that well even when the book was actually good. Look at how Batgirl and the other Bat books did; they all seem to have jumped way up in the ranks; this is just Joker War providing a big spike and nothing more.

The Super books hanging around the 40-50's rankings is very likely a sign that it's time for a change, but I wouldn't take the Nightwing ranking too personally. Hell, right now, I wouldn't put much faith in the rankings at all. With all the crazy crap happening the data just doesn't have a solid foundation. I'm not saying it's all fake news or anything, but there's too many variables in the mix for the numbers to be considered too reliable.

And we're both Nightwing fans (he's my #2 as well, also behind Clark!) so we can at least be happy he started selling well again, whatever the reason.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock in this. Nightwing holding down the #19 spot? With Ric still going on? This had nothing to do with Dick or Clark and everything to do with Joker War. Hell, Nightwing rarely sold that well even when the book was actually good. Look at how Batgirl and the other Bat books did; they all seem to have jumped way up in the ranks; this is just Joker War providing a big spike and nothing more.

The Super books hanging around the 40-50's rankings is very likely a sign that it's time for a change, but I wouldn't take the Nightwing ranking too personally. Hell, right now, I wouldn't put much faith in the rankings at all. With all the crazy crap happening the data just doesn't have a solid foundation. I'm not saying it's all fake news or anything, but there's too many variables in the mix for the numbers to be considered too reliable.

And we're both Nightwing fans (he's my #2 as well, also behind Clark!) so we can at least be happy he started selling well again, whatever the reason.
    Yeah, it's nice to see Dick selling well if nothing else.

Curious, because I know we're both PG fans, where do you place her? She's about 4th for me right after Lois.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Comichron's August 2020 Comics Sales Projections: https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...0/2020-08.html

Superman is ranked 41st on the chart, BM/SM #11 (43), Action Comics #1024 (51), DCeased Dead Planet #2 (57), Legion of Super-Heroes #8 (59), Young Justice #17 (92).
    I'm hopeful Superman will get a slight boost with the anniversary issue that came out in September, we'll see though. Sucks seeing the book that far down. Hopefully Jon as Superman in January can get the books to sell a lot higher :P

Yeah, it's nice to see Dick selling well if nothing else.

Curious, because I know we're both PG fans, where do you place her? She's about 4th for me right after Lois.
    I don't really rank favorites honestly. Clark's been my undisputed favorite thing ever since I was a kid, and Nightwing's not too far behind him, after that it gets murky and I'd have to like, sit down and really consider things to know who fits where on a list. Karen's somewhere in my top ten or fifteen, and that's about as precise as I get.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't really rank favorites honestly. Clark's been my undisputed favorite thing ever since I was a kid, and Nightwing's not too far behind him, after that it gets murky and I'd have to like, sit down and really consider things to know who fits where on a list. Karen's somewhere in my top ten or fifteen, and that's about as precise as I get.
    I know what you mean, but top 4 has always been pretty easy for me. :P

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

September's comics ranking:

9 - Superman #25

16 - Action Comics #1025

21 - Batman Superman #12

23 - Legion of Super-Heroes #9

31 - Batman Superman Annual #1

38 - Young Justice #18

46 - Teen Titans #45

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2020-09DC.html

Astonishing Member

I'm confused, why have they decided to track publishers separately?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm confused, why have they decided to track publishers separately?
    DC no longer distributes its comics through Diamond. Comichron got their numbers through Diamond, so they basically are conducting surveys or polls with shops to project the sales numbers for DC now. These are not really "sales" rankings, but are akin to a (unscientific I think) poll.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    DC no longer distributes its comics through Diamond. Comichron got their numbers through Diamond, so they basically are conducting surveys or polls with shops to project the sales numbers for DC now. These are not really "sales" rankings, but are akin to a (unscientific I think) poll.
    That almost seems pointless, apart from the numbers of sales being so low (across the board) compared to before Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    That almost seems pointless, apart from the numbers of sales being so low (across the board) compared to before Covid.
    Actually believe it or not but it seems sales have actually rose for the Big 2. Death Metal is outselling Metal. Multiple creators have said their indie trades are selling well. People are hungry for escape it seems (can’t imagine why ). Jim Lee has even explicitly said DC’s sales have rose during the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Actually believe it or not but it seems sales have actually rose for the Big 2. Death Metal is outselling Metal. Multiple creators have said their indie trades are selling well. People are hungry for escape it seems (can’t imagine why ). Jim Lee has even explicitly said DC’s sales have rose during the pandemic.
    That's good to hear (well, aside from the event comic thing) .

I hope it's true and not just business spin.

And it's nice to see Superman and Nightwing doing well in DC's ranks and selling better than most other non-Bat titles.

~ Black Panther.

I hope it's true and not just business spin.

And it's nice to see Superman and Nightwing doing well in DC's ranks and selling better than most other non-Bat titles.
    I did kind of have to sigh at the top 5 all being Batbooks. I truly don’t know how to get the other areas of the DCU up to par but I’ll continue to hope.