Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1712
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Should’ve kept the Retroboot as the “classic” Legion and made the Bendis Legion the 5G Legion.
    They should have instead called made this legacy legion of retroboot "classic" legion. Jon's generation of legion. Just change names of characters,keep the titles.

Incredible Member

Should’ve kept the Retroboot as the “classic” Legion and made the Bendis Legion the 5G Legion.
    My read is that 5G is Earth-0 for the next few years and then it will become a separate earth 5 years from now or so.

Doomsday Clock was announcing the next couple of reboots in advance and explaining how they’ll work with pieces of Prime Earth/Earth-0 getting shunted off to other earths just like they did when Earth-2 was created in 1956 or so and pieces of the main earth got shunted off to form a separate earth.

I don't believe for one second that it'd prevented the peoples who want to kill this book to try and do this anyway. Instead of "Bendis butchered Imra" it would just have been cried "Bendis replaced Imra by X" !

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    when they announced Flash and Wonder Woman going back to their original numbering, I think they mentioned something about not indending to relaunch new #1s in a while. So I don't think Legion (or anything else for that matter) has that to fall back on.
    Yeah, let's see what DC says when sales are sliding and they need something to give them a boost. They might very well intend on not doing them today, but tomorrow could change things.

They've said "no new #1's!" before, and ended up doing new #1's within a year. I don't expect this to last any longer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

January 2020 sales numbers:

Batman Superman #6 - 46,422

Superman #19 - 43,364

Action Comics #1018 - 38,402

Action Comics #1019 - 35,842

Legion of Super Heroes #3 - 34,732

Young Justice #12 - 21,401

Supergirl #38 - 19,775

Lois Lane #7 - 18,694

Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #7 - 12,730

Superman Giant #1 - 10,993

Superman #18 (2nd print) - 2,359

The Golden Child #1 (2nd print) - 1,882

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Superman #19 - 43,364

Supergirl #38 - 19,775

Lois Lane #7 - 18,694

Definitely feel like Romita Jr.’s art hurt Action’s sales imo. Looking at those sales, why did Kara get cancelled when so many other books do worse? It’s weird to me. At least they’re keeping Terrifics going although it’s clearly not long for this world.

Definitely feel like Romita Jr.’s art hurt Action’s sales imo. Looking at those sales, why did Kara get cancelled when so many other books do worse? It’s weird to me. At least they’re keeping Terrifics going although it’s clearly not long for this world.
    Action has been kinda meandering along unfocused since Leviathan Rising. JRJR probably just pushed some people over the edge. Kara got cancelled probably because she's going to end up with some kinda of Death Metal related miniseries and then a relaunch. Second tier non-Bat books can limp along with 10-15k sales no problem.

Looking at those sales, why did Kara get cancelled when so many other books do worse? It’s weird to me.
    I don't know how DC handles its income statements, but Marvel used to take excess revenue from their big, high selling X-books and use that to help keep the lower selling X-books going. David's X-Factor survived that way; the sales were below cancellation numbers but Marvel believed in it and let the extra money from Uncanny keep X-Factor on the shelf.

So perhaps DC does the same thing but the Super books don't pull enough extra revenue to keep Kara going, while other books that also sell low (like Nightwing right now) get to keep going because their editorial group has some extra cash to spread around?

I don't know. Product costing is such a detail oriented process, we'd need tons of more info before we could understand DC's reasoning here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Superman #19 - 43,364

Supergirl #38 - 19,775

Lois Lane #7 - 18,694

Well, looks like if DC was hoping Superman 18 would boost ongoing sales, they've got to be extremely disappointing. Superman 19 is at low levels that the Rebirth run only reached in it's last few issues. That's not good news. Of course, it looks like Action is in even more dire straights. DC has been giving Bendis a lot of leeway, but at some point, given his lack of sales power, you got to assume they'll want to try a new direction with a new writer. Of course, DC across the board seems to be in a not great place. If 5G doesn't work, maybe Didio's time will have finally come. Should be interesting to see.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

If sales collapse during 5G like I suspect they might, the fallout from that will be interesting to see. Didio has managed to hold on his job no matter what so I doubt he’ll get the boot. And even if he did you’ve still got Harras there.

DiDio is apparently out now. This is massive if true.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

This is Hollywood Reporter, not Bleeding Cool. So I’m thinking it’s true.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    DiDio is apparently out now. This is massive if true.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

This is Hollywood Reporter, not Bleeding Cool. So I’m thinking it’s true.
    I can't say how I know (my sources prefer to remain anonymous), but I can confirm it's true.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Can 5G just like, not happen now? I’d be more than fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I can't say how I know (my sources prefer to remain anonymous), but I can confirm it's true.
    Yeah. Right after I posted it like completely blew up online. All the major comic sites have it and it's been confirmed by DC.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Can 5G just like, not happen now? I’d be more than fine with that.
    I'd kinda be shocked if there wasn't some major reshuffling of everything. That was all his baby and you don't get rid of someone like him if you're going to stay the course.

I’m going to say that 5G as it was planned under Didio will be cancelled. I may end up being wrong but I don’t think we’ll see Jon Kent become Superman or Luke Fox become Batman anymore. Hopefully for Superman this will mean good things. No more constant retelling of his origin story for one.