Page 100 of 115 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1715

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's good to see that sales impoved so much.
    Just to think about it, this is a good example of how a good writer can significantly improve sales in a long term.
    That and a major milestone number issue . I hope Gunn is one of those readers picking up the run, I’d love to see some of PKJ’s ideas get adapted.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's good to see that sales impoved so much.
    Just to think about it, this is a good example of how a good writer can significantly improve sales in a long term.
    Also please stop kicking off writers after 12-24 issues please.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-05-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Incredible Member

Milestone number, "rebranding" as a "new era", presence of popular characters who do not have a book right now, presence of the Jurgens/Weeks back-up to bring in the Lois&Clark/Rebirth status quo fans who don't mind also buying the current era, oh yeah, and good word of mouth for PKJ's run so far.

Lots of factors for it to have success right now, but it's a question of whether it can maintain those sales.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

It seems both trades of All Star Superman and Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow are among the trades of DC comics seeing massive sales boost on places like Amazon in the wake of James Gunn's recent DC film slate announcement.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Wish there was still a way to get a sense of how digital sales are. I use this ever since Comixology got killed off, but it’s as clunky as everything else Amazon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I remember months ago they wouldn't list new single releases in that category so it was a bit more useful. Now you kinda have to wait for weekend to get better "data".

Sales rankings for Jan 2023:

Nice to see a reprint for 1050 do pretty well! Gotta give Waid credit, World’s Finest has thus far held steady up in the top 25 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Nice to see a reprint for 1050 do pretty well! Gotta give Waid credit, World’s Finest has thus far held steady up in the top 25 I believe.
    Glad to see it .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I think it is not a reprint, but due to Action coming out last week of the month sales are split into two months. 1051 sold more than Batman/Superman for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it is not a reprint, but due to Action coming out last week of the month sales are split into two months. 1051 sold more than Batman/Superman for sure.
    Ah yeah good point, I forgot about that. Hm I don’t know how to better convey that in charts, but maybe they should take titles that come out in the last week of the month and just move them over to next month? That would give a more accurate ranking (I think).

66C477EC-B85D-48B0-8EE3-AF8A8A8F0B4A.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-.../books/3825121

It’s a new #1 of course but I am impressed at how stable Williamson/Campbell’s debut issue has been in the rankings thus far. Even a week after it came out it’s still in the top 5, something you usually only see from Saga. I’m curious to get a sense of how many physical copies it sold because it seems to have done very well digitally.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the run does.

Though, love him or hate him, Williamson does seem to sell well.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Milestone number, "rebranding" as a "new era", presence of popular characters who do not have a book right now, presence of the Jurgens/Weeks back-up to bring in the Lois&Clark/Rebirth status quo fans who don't mind also buying the current era, oh yeah, and good word of mouth for PKJ's run so far.

Lots of factors for it to have success right now, but it's a question of whether it can maintain those sales.
    Eeeeh. By the time Bendis came onto the books, Superman sells were normal. Everyone jumped off sometime during Rebirth and regular Superman fans stayed.

E8B68F02-A6DF-494D-92A2-F9325157EE21.jpg

Action seems to be doing well too. My hope is that the boost Action got from 1050/1051 helps give the book a permanent bump. At least enough for PKJ to do the long run he wants.