Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1715
    Astonishing Member

He didn't say they would be a focus, it was more like ''oh, we definitely have plans for them, they're not forgotten, etc''. Pretty much standard answer for such questions, they can't just say something like ''no, we have no plans, because these characters turned out to be a financial failure for us''.

I'm sure that many of them will get some cameos and I guess that can count as having a plan for these characters.

Jon isn’t going anywhere, he’ll continue to limp along as a pale shadow of what he could have been who gets trotted out for Pride Specials. Kaldur will continue to be “Aquaman” in name but functionally will remain Arthur’s sidekick. Rest of them should be so lucky, Jace, Jo, and Jess will never amount to anything, Yara might get to be Diana’s sidekick but will never be Wonder Woman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

33 Superman #5

37 Batman Superman World’s Finest #16

48 Adventures of Superman Jon Kent #4 (Of 6)

59 Action Comics #1056

67 Superman Lost #4 (Of 10)

69 Steelworks #1 (Of 6)

100 Superboy The Man of Tomorrow #3 (Of 6)
    Conner actually went up in rank from 104 to 100 which is nice . Lost actually climbed up in rank from 78 to 67 as well. ICv2 remains a poor rating of sales as a whole since it’s only 125 shops out of 3000, but it’s all we have so I share it. Seems Superman’s sales are solid if unspectacular.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Conner actually went up in rank from 104 to 100 which is nice . Lost actually climbed up in rank from 78 to 67 as well. ICv2 remains a poor rating of sales as a whole since it’s only 125 shops out of 3000, but it’s all we have so I share it. Seems Superman’s sales are solid if unspectacular.
    Good word of mouth helping Superboy .

Forgot Power Girl:

80 Power Girl Special #1 (One-Shot) (Resolicitation) (DC Comics)
    Even a resolicit charted in the top 100, that’s impressive. Seems there’s a lot more PG fans out there than I thought, figured she was an obscure C-Lister at best. No wonder DC has enough confidence in her to greenlight an ongoing.

Forgot Power Girl:

Even a resolicit charted in the top 100, that’s impressive. Seems there’s a lot more PG fans out there than I thought, figured she was an obscure C-Lister at best. No wonder DC has enough confidence in her to greenlight an ongoing.
    I feel like Power Girl has always been a cult favorite.

Ultimate Member

Forgot Power Girl:

Not really and then really...

That means you only made X amount of comics that caused it to sell out to store owners.
    And we all know DC LOVES to do second-seventh printings. So you will have some stores with the first and second printing of the book.

I would say it should be a lesson to DC to have little more confidence in their characters. Power Girl shouldn't be limited to a one shot while City Boy gets 6 issues. Should be the other way around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would say it should be a lesson to DC to have little more confidence in their characters. Power Girl shouldn't be limited to a one shot while City Boy gets 6 issues. Should be the other way around.
    Probably because somebody upstairs at DC wants these new characters to do well and has a personal/reputational stake in it. We have seen it multiple instances of this previously. For example the New Blood characters in the 90s or the new One Year Late/Post-Infinite Crisis relaunches or the Dark Matter characters. On the other hand there is not really much incentive for Power Girl to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Good word of mouth helping Superboy .

Do ya think it might hurt the paper version for the digital version to be out a week in advance?

Conner needs to be aged up and moved away from this wannabe punk look.

Writers want royalties,and the ppl in charge want so bad for the new and flashy characters that somehow diversify the line in some way to catch on,when most already have favorite characters,and just want to see the ongoing storirs of those characters
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Do ya think it might hurt the paper version for the digital version to be out a week in advance?

Conner needs to be aged up and moved away from this wannabe punk look.

Writers want royalties,and the ppl in charge want so bad for the new and flashy characters that somehow diversify the line in some way to catch on,when most already have favorite characters,and just want to see the ongoing storirs of those characters
    It might, I assume most people are reading it on DCUI, but I also agree that the punk look comes off as dated (but they’re kinda moving him away from that look in the present anyway). Most of the younger Conner fans are going to expect the character to look like the guy from the cartoon and comics Conner does not look anything like that guy right now.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-19-2023 at 11:41 PM.

It might, I assume most people are reading it on DCUI, but I also agree that the punk look comes off as dated (but they’re kinda moving him away from that look in the present anyway). Most of the younger Conner fans are going to expect the character to look like th eggy from the cartoon and comics Conner does not look anything like that guy right now.

More ppl know Conner from these adaptations outside comics,DC is doing a huge injustice by not representing all his fand.yes I am a fan of jacket kon,but also black t-shirt Conner.

I definitely have read the issues when they hit the DC site for sure,but I can see how thst would take away from the actual paper copy a week after.it's like DC wants to keep him down on purpose
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

DC has probably different expectations for books that go on DCUI first so lower ranking for this mini likely doesn't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    DC has probably different expectations for books that go on DCUI first so lower ranking for this mini likely doesn't matter much.

Well that would be the only saving grace for this series imo,and thst saddens me a lot,I was hoping this would turn into a ongoing and we can really let him shine

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

It's still a nice way to form a guess on how things are selling. Which, I'm not surprised Superman is having solid sales. Kinda been the go to for the franchise for years now. Strong start, and that's it. Nobody at DC has yet to crack the code on why Superman can't sell good as Batman, Spider-man, and the X-men.