Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1715

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sure, but thats still low and it had #1 as well. Only now realized that it had 3 #1 issues in total. Reminds a bit of Liefield/Moore Judgement Day event where every issue was #1.
    Was a bad event so maybe it tanked in sales. I’m not sure what DC is aiming for with all these events, a desperate attempt to increase sales? If so I can only see it backfiring.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Is Smallvile Lex the most popular adaptation of his that is, for the most part, well liked?
    I mean, if we're going this route. The 1978 Lex Luthor is still arguably the most popular adaptation.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was a bad event so maybe it tanked in sales. I’m not sure what DC is aiming for with all these events, a desperate attempt to increase sales? If so I can only see it backfiring.
    I always assumed its a case of DC using events nonstop to cover up their still suffering problems from the layoffs.

Cause they are event obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I always assumed its a case of DC using events nonstop to cover up their still suffering problems from the layoffs.

Cause they are event obsessed.
    No more than Marvel is.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

It's weird, as DC went through a period of virtually no crossovers and now are wall-to-wall again. It almost makes me miss September as the one crossover month but, honestly, that mostly sucked, too.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No more than Marvel is.
    Tell me about it. I’ve been trying to get back into X-Men recently after a loooong time away and it’s not been an easy task in its current state.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    90% of it is those are books that will get guaranteed orders from almost every store even if it's a low number. Because you do have that faction of fans who will buy every issue and cross over.

Also those events tend to be the only place where a DC or Marvel HOPES fans put aside their hatred for certain characters and include them in the events.

Or it's a way to EXCLUDE characters that fans hate-Aqualad, Naomi, Duke Thomas, Bendis Legion....

Or use the event to delay or hold out on certain titles. Notice we don't have an Aquaman book and we got a movie coming in two months. If you have no plan or not even bothering to look for pitches-those events help give you a reason to lie to fans about delaying until the events are done.

Meanwhile you got some stores that see right through and really want BOTH companies to stop with the non-stop events. Because it's hard to figure out how much to order (if you don't do pre-orders) and at the mercy of the prospect of tons of unsold issues.

I'm glad the two month interlude didn't kill the title's momentum!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    I'm glad the two month interlude didn't kill the title's momentum!
    Imagine if there wasn't a two month interlude.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Imagine if there wasn't a two month interlude.
    Oh yeah! They were kicking on all cylinders. I think they would be higher.

Keeping in mind that PKJ said the ICV2 and Comicron charts are “made up” and frequently don’t align with reality: https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...september-2023

Power Girl #1 was ranked at #36 in units. Superman and WF jumped up quite a bit in the rankings, evidence of what PKJ was saying perhaps.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/