Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Diamond's top ten selling comics of June have been revealed. Superman Rebirth #1 is at number 8 and Superman #1 is at number 10. Interestingly, Wonder Woman #1 is higher on the list than Wonder Woman Rebirth #1, so unlike Superman, Wonder Woman #1 actually went up from sales after its Rebirth issue.

Flash is also nowhere in the top ten, showing the difference between physical and print. Digitally it outsells Wonder Woman, but physically it doesn't.

I'm actually surprised Batman #1 or Batman Rebirth #1 aren't at number 1, but it might be a case of Civil War performing much better than I expected it to. We'll see once we're given estimated sales figures.

There's also the matter of retailers not ordering enough of the Rebirth books, so some of these books might appear in top 100 comics of July, selling additional copies that put their total sales over Civil War 2 #1.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...une-2016-sales
    The reason for the incosistent sales ex. WW 1 higher than the rebirth issue, is the print numbers. Retailers didn't expect Rebirth to do well, so they ordered small. But after the first wave selled like hot-cakes, they reordered (advance reorders), hence the later issues selling better. For example Ac 957 has gone through three prints. Two of them will count as July issues.

So the first months are gonna be very inconsistent. Until the titles find their audiences.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Goes to show what pre-order hype is worth more than what really scored. But the Superman reports are neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Goes to show what pre-order hype is worth more than what really scored. But the Superman reports are neat.
    Definitely. Its really visible here. Also, I want to note, that DC got a magnificent 29% of the market, with only 25 issues. Amazing, if you think about it. Especially considering the low print runs.

Of course the hype will die down. But that was only the first rebirth wave. Most of DC's titles haven't even landed yet.

Great stuff. A true rejuvenation for DC.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Both of the main Superman books sold over 100k in June and both issues of Action sold over 75k. Seems like the Rebirth Superman books are off to a good start. Keep up the great work DC!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Definitely. Its really visible here. Also, I want to note, that DC got a magnificent 29% of the market, with only 25 issues. Amazing, if you think about it. Especially considering the low print runs.

Of course the hype will die down. But that was only the first rebirth wave. Most of DC's titles haven't even landed yet.

Great stuff. A true rejuvenation for DC.
    only 25 issues? DC published more than 25 issues. they shipped 66 on top 300.

Rebirth is going well, but DC has to keep good teams and directions

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    only 25 issues? DC published more than 25 issues. they shipped 66 on top 300.

Rebirth is going well, but DC has to keep good teams and directions
    Sorry, my fault. I had seen only the top 100 and I was mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Both of the main Superman books sold over 100k in June and both issues of Action sold over 75k. Seems like the Rebirth Superman books are off to a good start. Keep up the great work DC!
    Where you get that info?

BANNED

The estimates are in.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...an-cracks-400k

Superman Rebirth #1 - 118,433
    Superman #1 - 105,379
    Action Comics #957 - 75,349
    Action Comics #958 - 75,660

This is a bit lower than I expected, but I want to note that as mentioned, Rebirth titles were under-ordered, so the Rebirth books willy appear on the July sales chart as well, adding to their total sales. I also want to point out that the estimate for Green Arrow Rebirth is around 80, 000 but Ben Percy stated that sales exceeded 90, 000, so the sales for the Superman books must also be a bit higher than what the estimates suggest.

Superman Rebirth #1 sold more copies than New 52 Superman #1, and with the addition of digital copies, both Superman Rebirth #1 and Superman #1 sold far more than New 52 Superman #1.

So that book is off to a great start.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 07-11-2016 at 01:04 PM.

BANNED

Day 5 for Superman #2

Remains at number 4.

Minimum sales at 5000.

Day 19 for Action Comics #958

Drops to number 133.

Minimum sales at 18310.

Day 26 for Superman #1

Moves up to number 66.

Minimum sales at 25033.

Day 32 for Action Comics #957

Moves down to 183. Minimum sales at 30693.

Day 39 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 moves up to number 126.

Minimum sales at 37908.

Ey, Ina Heshima, I know it might be a bit much to ask, but could you by chance put the data we have so far, about issues 1-2 of the books, and use some of the other top sellers as a benchmark, and make a neat little graph? =) It would be interesting to see how these things change with time, sort of laid bare to the naked eye - numbers are all a bit abstract.

No sweat if you're not up for it though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Ey, Ina Heshima, I know it might be a bit much to ask, but could you by chance put the data we have so far, about issues 1-2 of the books, and use some of the other top sellers as a benchmark, and make a neat little graph? =) It would be interesting to see how these things change with time, sort of laid bare to the naked eye - numbers are all a bit abstract.

No sweat if you're not up for it though.
    I can't make a graph, but I can say that both Superman and Action Comics have performed better than nearly every other notable top seller. Other than some of the other DC Rebirth books, and Walking Dead, so far nothing else has performed better than the Superman titles.

Ms. Marvel, Mighty Thor, Injustice, various Star Wars books, and Doctor Strange sell very well digitally and the Superman books have so far outcharted them every week.

BANNED

Day 6 for Superman #2

Remains at number 4.

Minimum sales at 6000.

Day 20 for Action Comics #958

Drops to number 137.

Minimum sales at 19176.

Day 27 for Superman #1

Moves down to number 72.

Minimum sales at 25964.

Day 33 for Action Comics #957

Moves up to 182. Minimum sales at 31514.

Day 40 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 moves up to number 122.

Minimum sales at 38789.

Justice League Rebirth #1 moves up to 2nd place.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    The estimates are in.

Superman Rebirth #1 sold more copies than New 52 Superman #1, and with the addition of digital copies, both Superman Rebirth #1 and Superman #1 sold far more than New 52 Superman #1.

So that book is off to a great start.
    That's interesting. I honestly wouldn't have expected that considering I didn't think the hype for Rebirth was anywhere near that of the New52 back in 2011.

Oh well, that's super nevertheless!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    That's interesting. I honestly wouldn't have expected that considering I didn't think the hype for Rebirth was anywhere near that of the New52 back in 2011.

Oh well, that's super nevertheless!
    The hype for Rebirth has been greater so far.

Nearly every Rebirth book has outperformed their New 52 counterpart so far.

BANNED

Day 7 for Superman #2

Remains at number 4.

Minimum sales at 7000.

Day 21 for Action Comics #958

Drops to number 164.

Minimum sales at 20015.

Day 28 for Superman #1

Moves down to number 84.

Minimum sales at 26883.

Day 34 for Action Comics #957

Moves down to 197. Minimum sales at 32320

Day 41 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to number 128.

Minimum sales at 39664.