Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

I hope they just continue their course and see how things look in the post-Reborn era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They might end New Super-Man and stealth relaunch it as a "Justice League of China" series.
    I think you're on on to something.

New Super-Man was Jim Lee's idea, so I can see him trying to keep the character around.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Maybe if they moved Action away from being the "other, but lesser, Superman" book. Maybe showcasing more people.
    They could always go the Detective Comics route and make it a team title with all the various extra sidekicks. If all these books get cancelled they could find a home in Action. Between pulling the small fanbases together into a larger one it'd be different enough from Superman to lessen the "other Superman book" comparisons a bit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

If, more like when, 'Superwoman' is cancelled, I'd like to see it continue in 'Action Comics', focusing on those characters in that book, with sporadic appearances by Superman, but that seems really unlikely.

Maybe if they moved Action away from being the "other, but lesser, Superman" book. Maybe showcasing more people.
    I'm wondering if Tomasi and Gleason will start focusing on the Planet and using the supporting cast there once the Kent's move to Metropolis and Clark (presumably) starts working there again.

Because that's kind of been Action's thing, since Superman's had more focus on the family and developing Hamilton, while Action had the classic cast. Though, going by Superlad's theory about Jon making Hamilton his stomping grounds, we might see any Hamilton plots and supporting cast carry over into Super-Sons and allow Superman to use classic characters in the crazy high-concept Sci-Fi adventures Tomasi and Gleason comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if Tomasi and Gleason will start focusing on the Planet and using the supporting cast there once the Kent's move to Metropolis and Clark (presumably) starts working there again.

Because that's kind of been Action's thing, since Superman's had more focus on the family and developing Hamilton, while Action had the classic cast. Though, going by Superlad's theory about Jon making Hamilton his stomping grounds, we might see any Hamilton plots and supporting cast carry over into Super-Sons and allow Superman to use classic characters in the crazy high-concept Sci-Fi adventures Tomasi and Gleason comes up with.
    That seems to be the most logical conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    If, more like when, 'Superwoman' is cancelled, I'd like to see it continue in 'Action Comics', focusing on those characters in that book, with sporadic appearances by Superman, but that seems really unlikely.
    Superwoman DID start out as just being Action comics before they made it its own book.

Unhappy

Bad news for those of us enjoying 'Superwoman' and/or 'New Super-Man'.

Both books are now in the cancellation range. 'Superwoman' is in the 30, 000 range and will definitely drop below that with the next issue. 'New Super-Man' is already in the 25, 000 range.
    Oh... I did not have much hope, But I will always regret it for Kenan.. I thought that unlike superwoman there was no reason to hate him... Now Kon-El is the reason?

and even worse in December... Anyway, no super books in 2018..

Fortunately I saw Teen Titans among the top 50..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-16-2017 at 07:02 AM.

That seems to be the most logical conclusion.

Superwoman DID start out as just being Action comics before they made it its own book.
    no,it never started on Action Comics

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Bad news for those of us enjoying 'Superwoman' and/or 'New Super-Man'.

Both books are now in the cancellation range. 'Superwoman' is in the 30, 000 range and will definitely drop below that with the next issue. 'New Super-Man' is already in the 25, 000 range.

'Superwoman' has been outcharting 'Supergirl' digitally with its more recent releases, but it isn't performing exceptionally well digitally so that won't make a difference when it comes to whether the book is going to be cancelled.

But I also noticed that on a issue to issue basis, 'Superwoman' outsells 'Supergirl' in print. Superwoman #2 sold more than Supergirl #2, etc. So if DC continues to keep Supergirl alive, maybe there's hope for 'Superwoman'.

'Superman' is in the mid 60, 000 range which is good, and higher than where the New 52 issues of the same numbers were at. I think it'll stabilize somewhere between the mid 50, 000 range to the low 60, 000 range.

'Action Comics' is still doing well enough for now, but it looks like it'll be in the Pre-Rebirth range a few months from now. The estimates sales figure for issue #968 is 48,931, which is 13, 362 more than the issue of 'Action Comics' from the same time last year, with both issues having variant covers. But this, November's issue of 'Superman' sold 22029 more copies than last November's issue, so we're seeing one book stabilize at a number higher than where it was Pre-Rebirth, while the other is slowly slipping into the Pre-Rebirth range.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-11.html
    I don't think either in the cancelation range quite yet. If they drop down to the low 20,000's then I'll worry. Although out of the two I feel Superwoman will probably last longer then New Super-Man, but both arguably still have life in em.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    no,it never started on Action Comics
    You misunderstand. It was supposed to be what Action focused on in Rebirth before plans changed.

BANNED

January sales data is in.

'Superwoman' and 'New Super-Man' continue to drop, with the former's sales in the 21, 000 range and the latter's in the 18, 000 range. It's only a matter of time before both get cancelled.

'Superman' continues to sell well, with issue #14 seeing an increase in sales from December's issue #13. Issue #15 sees a bigger drop than usual for the book, which is worrying but that's the issue where the fill-in art starts so even if sales drop more than usual for issues #15 and #16, it shouldn't damage the book too badly as long as future issues don't run into the same problems as 'Multiplicity'.

By issue #972, the 15th issue of the book since Rebirth began, 'Action Comics' has dropped to the level the level New 52 'Acton Comics' was at by issue #22. Issue #22 was the first of Lobdell's fill-in issues before Pak took over the book.

This means that by issue #15 of the current Action book, its sales have dropped below that of the Diggle/Daniels issues.

Action #971 - 44,894 (Current)
    Action #972 - 43,110

Action #19 - 52,007 (Diggle)
    Action #20 - 48,324
    Action #21 - 46,475

Action #22 - 44,861 (Lobdell)

What Action has going for it right now is that the drops are smaller, because the writing is consistent. It won't see numbers dropping at the same rate as New 52 Action because it won't go through the mess that New 52 Action went through after Morrison left, but what's worrying is that even after Pak took over and delivered stories that were well received, the damage had been done and sales never really recovered.

By the time Jurgens is done with Action, the same could be true for current Action. Whoever takes over after Jurgens might inherit a book that proves too difficult to recover, and we're back to the crossovers to keep it selling at a certain level.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 02-20-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Incredible Member

I read the Lois less Superwoman after she died because Jimenez said the Lois story wasn't over yet. The April solicits said that Lois was coming back ,so I'm hoping sales will pick up. please!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    I read the Lois less Superwoman after she died because Jimenez said the Lois story wasn't over yet. The April solicits said that Lois was coming back ,so I'm hoping sales will pick up. please!
    From a sales perspective, I don't think anything can save 'Superwoman' now.

BANNED

In other news super sons is selling extremely well...Jon is gonna stay around for a while

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

January sales data is in.

'Superwoman' and 'New Super-Man' continue to drop, with the former's sales in the 21, 000 range and the latter's in the 18, 000 range. It's only a matter of time before both get cancelled.

'Superman' continues to sell well, with issue #14 seeing an increase in sales from December's issue #13. Issue #15 sees a bigger drop than usual for the book, which is worrying but that's the issue where the fill-in art starts so even if sales drop more than usual for issues #15 and #16, it shouldn't damage the book too badly as long as future issues don't run into the same problems as 'Multiplicity'.

By issue #972, the 15th issue of the book since Rebirth began, 'Action Comics' has dropped to the level the level New 52 'Acton Comics' was at by issue #22. Issue #22 was the first of Lobdell's fill-in issues before Pak took over the book.

This means that by issue #15 of the current Action book, its sales have dropped below that of the Diggle/Daniels issues.

Action #971 - 44,894 (Current)
    Action #972 - 43,110

Action #19 - 52,007 (Diggle)
    Action #20 - 48,324
    Action #21 - 46,475

Action #22 - 44,861 (Lobdell)

What Action has going for it right now is that the drops are smaller, because the writing is consistent. It won't see numbers dropping at the same rate as New 52 Action because it won't go through the mess that New 52 Action went through after Morrison left, but what's worrying is that even after Pak took over and delivered stories that were well received, the damage had been done and sales never really recovered.

By the time Jurgens is done with Action, the same could be true for current Action. Whoever takes over after Jurgens might inherit a book that proves too difficult to recover, and we're back to the crossovers to keep it selling at a certain level.
    Thanks for the analysis. Sad to see lower sales for New Super-Man and Superwoman (Supergirl too). Is it my impression or the general sales of the current DC series (with some exceptions, of course) are closer to the DC You numbers than the New 52's? Even Batman will likely be in the 90k range with #16-17.