Page 30 of 115 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    On a side note, while movies may not bring new readers to local comic shops, it looks like Amazon/comiXology is reaping quite the benefit. Lots of Logan-related books in the Top 50.
    Trades see a brief increase in sales when a movie hits, that's been long established. The numbers will go back to normal levels next month.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Superman #19 is number 2 on the digital charts. It didn't beat out Batman, like Action Comics beat out Detective Comics, but I think is because 'Superman' had peaked digitally even before Reborn began, so the Reborn boost is going to have a bigger effect on Action, at least digitally.

Super Sons #2 is at number 5. This is the highest a Super book that isn't one of the flagship titles has charted since Rebirth began. So while Super Sons #1 sold less than Supergirl Rebirth #1, Superwoman #1, and New-Superman #1 in print, I do think it will stabilize at a higher number than any of those books.

BANNED

This week's issue of Action also outperforms Detective Comics and is number 1 on the digital charts. I really want to see how much print sales increased by, and how much of the increase will remain once Reborn concludes, and for how long.

Fantastic Member

I'm not sure if Action can sustain this momentum in the long run, but it warms my heart that it is #1 in the digital charts.

As a digital-only consumer, I'm proud to have contributed to this accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    I'm not sure if Action can sustain this momentum in the long run, but it warms my heart that it is #1 in the digital charts.

As a digital-only consumer, I'm proud to have contributed to this accomplishment.
    Lol, for the Superman Reborn arc, I had the print issues already preordered but I just couldn't wait I ended up buying digital midnight of release. I'm glad most of these are just $2.99.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I'll be interested to see now how Action does post-Reborn. My instinct was telling me before the arc started that it would fall again after the obvious boost Reborn would give it. But in my opinion the quality of the book has gone up some. Its still not great, I don't even know if I'd call it good yet, but it has upgraded over its previous "absolutely horrific" status. Its now in the realm of "Okay". So we'll see what happens in the coming months, especially now that the awful first-half-of-Rebirth status quo is now gone.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll be interested to see now how Action does post-Reborn. My instinct was telling me before the arc started that it would fall again after the obvious boost Reborn would give it. But in my opinion the quality of the book has gone up some. Its still not great, I don't even know if I'd call it good yet, but it has upgraded over its previous "absolutely horrific" status. Its now in the realm of "Okay". So we'll see what happens in the coming months, especially now that the awful first-half-of-Rebirth status quo is now gone.
    You don't think it'll read better now that we have a better understanding of the story? I re-read the last two issues and felt better about them.

I think it very well might. That's what I meant by bringing up the horrible Convergence/L&C status quo now being gone. That's an obstacle the title no longer has to work with. But for me it won't fix all the issues as sometimes just Jurgens' dialogue in general can be very cringeworthy. But yes, a new and proper status quo should help because Action was the title that dealt with the in-between nonsense the most.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Lol, for the Superman Reborn arc, I had the print issues already preordered but I just couldn't wait I ended up buying digital midnight of release. I'm glad most of these are just $2.99.
    Lol! I can't blame you. Looking back at the month of March, my Tuesday nights were crazy. I'd wait for the clock to strike midnight so I could download the next installment of Reborn. I'd pay for the lack of sleep on Wednesday morning but oh well.

And I don't see this pattern changing next month since I'm just as eager to find out what this new continuity is like. Gonna need more caffeine on Wednesdays again.

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    Lol! I can't blame you. Looking back at the month of March, my Tuesday nights were crazy. I'd wait for the clock to strike midnight so I could download the next installment of Reborn. I'd pay for the lack of sleep on Wednesday morning but oh well.

And I don't see this pattern changing next month since I'm just as eager to find out what this new continuity is like. Gonna need more caffeine on Wednesdays again.
    Lol, yes, same!

March 15, I read both Superman #19 and Super Sons #2. I think I used sick time and had to leave work early that day because I ended up suffering from migraine.

Also, Action Comics #976 is Limited 1 Per Customer on Midtown Comics and the Gary Frank variant is already out of stock. Never expected Midtown to run out of stock so quickly.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well given I've read plenty of positive reactions over the quality of Action Comics even before Reborn, I don't think we've got much to worry about.

Also, the Convergence/Lois and Clark status quo wasn't "horrible", it was really enjoyable, we knew it was temporary but that did'nt stop it being a fun ride.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 03-28-2017 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Off topic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well given I've read plenty of positive reactions over the quality of Action Comics even before Reborn, I don't think we've got much to worry about.
    Despite the positive reviews and WOM online, sales for Action were slipping. By its 17th issue its numbers had dropped below New 52 Action's 22th issue, which was only not only after Morrison's run, but also the Diggle/Daniels run that was dead on arrival.

Reborn will give it a sales boost, maybe the Reborn issues and its aftermath will do numbers similar to the Rebirth launch numbers that Action did (In the 70, 000 to 80, 000 range), but after that, sales are likely to start slipping again and probably at a much faster rate than before.

Despite how good Jurgen's Action is considered to be, one perceived slip up might be enough for it to crash and burn. Pak's run, despite the good reviews and positive WOM online, was never a big seller either, because it came in after the Action name had already been tarnished.

Reborn will undoubtely lead to an increase in sales for both Superman and Action, but we're not out of worrying stage just yet.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Also, Action Comics #976 is Limited 1 Per Customer on Midtown Comics and the Gary Frank variant is already out of stock. Never expected Midtown to run out of stock so quickly.
    Cool post to cost across since I snagged the only copy of the Gary Frank Action #976 variant. I have been lingering here and there on Reborn and decided to only pick up the finale to see how it all was handled so I'm glad I went and was the one to snag the lone variant at my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Also, the Convergence/Lois and Clark status quo wasn't "horrible", it was really enjoyable, we knew it was temporary but that did'nt stop it being a fun ride.
    Of course you have, just because there's negative reactions doesn't mean there's not positive reactions too. Never suggested otherwise. But judging by the sales before Reborn, the title wasn't in the hottest spot. So if Reborn spikes stay, then yeah, nothing much to worry about. But if it drops again, then there is. I'm not even particularly pessimistic about that right now, like I said even I feel the title has been slowly improving. I'm just keeping it in mind.

And we'll have to agree to disagree on the Convergence/L&C stuff. To me, it was the worst time in Superman lore since Grounded. Probably worse. Things thus far seem to have worked out in the end but it doesn't change my opinion that they chose the absolute worst, convoluted, and long-winded way to get to that end. To me the ends don't justify the means there because there were easier ways to get here.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-29-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Midnight? I have to wait until 3am.

I'm guessing this means that the release is 12am Pacific Time, and goes up for everyone in the United States at the same moment, meaning 1am Mountain Time, 2am Central Time, and 3am Eastern Time, rather than being like 12am or 3am everywhere. I guess it makes sense- it's the Internet. Once it's out there, it's out there. By releasing them the way it sounds like they do, it keeps, say, west coast pirates from getting it before west coast paying digital subscribers, which is good (I'm not casting judgement on pirates, I'm just saying that it makes sense to make sure your paying digital subscribers aren't disadvantaged relative to pirates).
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 03-29-2017 at 05:02 PM.