Page 31 of 115 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Despite the positive reviews and WOM online, sales for Action were slipping. By its 17th issue its numbers had dropped below New 52 Action's 22th issue, which was only not only after Morrison's run, but also the Diggle/Daniels run that was dead on arrival.

Reborn will give it a sales boost, maybe the Reborn issues and its aftermath will do numbers similar to the Rebirth launch numbers that Action did (In the 70, 000 to 80, 000 range), but after that, sales are likely to start slipping again and probably at a much faster rate than before.

Despite how good Jurgen's Action is considered to be, one perceived slip up might be enough for it to crash and burn. Pak's run, despite the good reviews and positive WOM online, was never a big seller either, because it came in after the Action name had already been tarnished.

Reborn will undoubtely lead to an increase in sales for both Superman and Action, but we're not out of worrying stage just yet.
    Shouldn't the boost be credited to N52Supes fans wanting to know his final fate? The guy was on the cover after all. I'm curious how many of his fans will remain, if it will help level the sales at a higher level than before. How many accepted the merger and all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Shouldn't the boost be credited to N52Supes fans wanting to know his final fate? The guy was on the cover after all. I'm curious how many of his fans will remain, if it will help level the sales at a higher level than before. How many accepted the merger and all.
    No, the boost should be credited to people wanting to know about mystery surrounding Rebirth Superman and how it ties into Rebirth at large. Establishing a new continuity, and Action's anniversary issue.

The additional readers who picked up the Rebirth crossover are probably people that were buying the Super books when Rebirth first started but dropped the books over the following months.

The boost occurred with the 1st issue of the crossover, when New 52 Superman wasn't on the cover. The amount of New 52 Superman exclusive fans are negligible when it comes to sales, just as it was for Post-Crisis Superman.

When people leave the books, it'll be because of the quality of the books, as they see them.

BANNED

I'd say that having 52 Supes on the cover, his appearance being mentioned months before, appearing on issues before and on Superwoman and his final fate certainly helped the last issue's standing on Comixology. The sales bump in print didn't happen, they lost a few more numbers and the issues went up the list because of the absence of JLvsSuicide Squad books from the month before.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, just curious and 'guestimating' at these numbers is all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I'd say that having 52 Supes on the cover, his appearance being mentioned months before, appearing on issues before and on Superwoman and his final fate certainly helped the last issue's standing on Comixology. The sales bump in print didn't happen, they lost a few more numbers and the issues went up the list because of the absence of JLvsSuicide Squad books from the month before.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, just curious and 'guestimating' at these numbers is all.
    We haven't seen the data for the print sales of Reborn yet. We won't until next month.

The drops for Action and Superman in print are par the course. Action's sales continued dropping, but the drops became smaller as the issues were leading up to Reborn. Superman's sudden larger drops than usual were a result of Multiversity's fill-in artists after the 1st issue of the arc, and then what was essentially a filler issue that focused entirely on Jon, not Superman.

What the sales for Rebirth and New 52 shows us is that there is no preference for one Superman over the other when it comes to the general readership. By the same issue, Rebirth's overall sales (Action and Superman combined) are almost identical to those of the New 52. The only reason New 52's overall sales were higher at the time, was because of Morrison on Action. His name lent it some additional sales, in a way that Tomasi and Gleason don't.

With the Reborn sales bump, February will probably be the last time New 52's overall sales were higher than Rebirth Superman's overall sales on a issue to issue basis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Midnight? I have to wait until 3am.

I'm guessing this means that the release is 12am Pacific Time, and goes up for everyone in the United States at the same moment, meaning 1am Mountain Time, 2am Central Time, and 3am Eastern Time, rather than being like 12am or 3am everywhere. I guess it makes sense- it's the Internet. Once it's out there, it's out there. By releasing them the way it sounds like they do, it keeps, say, west coast pirates from getting it before west coast paying digital subscribers, which is good (I'm not casting judgement on pirates, I'm just saying that it makes sense to make sure your paying digital subscribers aren't disadvantaged relative to pirates).
    I reckon pirates get their copies even earlier. Comic shops get their orders Tuesday and it's easier to just scan print. No risk of DRM watermarks either.

As for the time they go live, it's most likely just easiest to stick to one time. We here on the west coast get Game of Thrones via HBONow at 6pm instead of 9pm.

comiXology is headquartered in New York but Amazon is based in Seattle, WA. Maybe that's why?
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Is this bad news...I hope that new 52 stays dead I hope

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Is this bad news...I hope that new 52 stays dead I hope
    The New 52 Superman & Lois merged with Post-Crisis Superman & Clark in the last chapter of 'Reborn'.

In theory its not dead at all. In practice though we have yet to see how much of it makes it into the merging. My guess is not much, but all the same we don't quite know yet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

My predictions were a bit off.

The Superman books did see an increase, but not by as much I was expecting. Action saw the bigger increase, but it doesn't look like it'll take long for it go back to its Pre-Reborn numbers.

Action's sales increased by about 6000 or so copies.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-03.html

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Just not quite the big splash it should have been.

But man, orders are really down in general. The shelf flood has been a real retail problem.

BANNED

Yeah, I was wrong on a lot of counts.

I was so sure that Super Sons #2 would fare better than Superwoman #2 and New Super-Man #2, because digitally it definitely did. But sales for it are actually lower. It did something over 47, 000 compared to Superwoman's 50, 000 and New Super-Man's 75, 000. 47, 000 would be a fine number if that's where it stabilized, but judging by the performance of the other Super books that aren't the flagship titles, it might slip below the 20, 000 range before we're even 10 issues in.

On Marvel's front, I was expecting Unworthy Thor #5 to see an increase in sales, like how Thor #8 saw and increase from #7, because both issues were reveal issues, but instead sales dropped.

There's been talk of Marvel's sales problems, but I think DC is heading towards it too. The Rebirth hype has lasted longer than the New 52 hype, but it seems to be wearing off.

BANNED

new 52 superman is dead....bury it

BANNED

At least on digital front, Action is still maintaining it's Reborn sales bump, with it at number 1 on the charts, outselling Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    At least on digital front, Action is still maintaining it's Reborn sales bump, with it at number 1 on the charts, outselling Detective Comics.
    I noticed that. Was that not the case previous to the "superman reborn" arc?

The Rebirth hype definitely lasted longer than I thought it would, I give it that much. But it was only a matter of time before that wore off. With sales dropping across the board we're going to be heading into that area to see if DC stays true to what they're doing or if they start their usual panic moves. I mean, not that they're even in any type of danger zone yet, but still you can see the dip starting. Maybe it won't even get to a concerning place, but again, DC has a tendency to panic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El