Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comics_addict View Post
    I noticed that. Was that not the case previous to the "superman reborn" arc?
    It always did well after the Rebirth relaunch, but it never took the number 1 spot or outsold Detective Comics until the Reborn crossover.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Can we consider Supergirl at risk of cancellation? Or there's still hope? It's already selling less than when the series was closed the last time.

New52's Supergirl #40: 26,528 copies
    Rebirth's Supergirl #7: 24,597 copies

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Can we consider Supergirl at risk of cancellation? Or there's still hope? It's already selling less than when the series was closed the last time.

New52's Supergirl #40: 26,528 copies
    Rebirth's Supergirl #7: 24,597 copies

Sounds like this book needs to crossover with metal to get sales up

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Sounds like this book needs to crossover with metal to get sales up
    And since we are at it, a change of art style and direction.

They need to step away from the heavy tv show influence. I'm not saying it will automatically deliver a spike but it'd be a start.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They need to step away from the heavy tv show influence. I'm not saying it will automatically deliver a spike but it'd be a start.
    I liked Supergirl joining the Space Academy () during the brief Perkins' run. Too bad it was abandoned to mimic the tv show.

They need to step away from the heavy tv show influence.
    Guess the question is how are sales via other channels - digital, trade, possibly Scholastic?

It's pointless to cater to the demands of the DM audience if it's got a bigger fan base outside the DM with its current art style and direction.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

What would make you think the TV influence is what's hurting it?

BANNED

Injustice 2 #1 has taken the top spot, but Action is still ahead of Detective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What would make you think the TV influence is what's hurting it?
    Just what I see from fellow fans who aren't feeling the status quo. Its just an opinion, I don't know for a fact its a majority thing that its disliked, but it just feels so forced.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The big elephant in the room for SG would probably have to be the art of Ching. In a lot of ways I enjoy it, but I can't say it's a typically attractive style.

Other than that I think Orlando is just brilliant for applying his strong character work to a fusion of tv elements and updated Silver age material. SG, however, is not a sales juggernaut.

BANNED

Action is back at number 1, and Injustice went down to number 4. I wonder what led to the spike in sales for Injustice two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Action is back at number 1, and Injustice went down to number 4. I wonder what led to the spike in sales for Injustice two days ago.
    Iirc, the rankings are based on rolling one-week sales. More likely than not, Injustice at #1 just means the Injustice buyers bought their copies earlier than majority of Action, Tec and Blue buyers did. I'm surprised X-Men: Blue #1 isn't doing better though. Oh well, we'll see what happens over the weekend.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Iirc, the rankings are based on rolling one-week sales. More likely than not, Injustice at #1 just means the Injustice buyers bought their copies earlier than majority of Action, Tec and Blue buyers did. I'm surprised X-Men: Blue #1 isn't doing better though. Oh well, we'll see what happens over the weekend.
    I was under the impression that the rankings were weekly based too, but after becoming more familiar with the chart, I realized it's actually daily, not weekly. On Monday the chart shows the best selling comics of Sunday, on Tuesday it shows the best selling comics of Monday, and so on.