Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well hey! New Super-Man's sales (for the first time I think) actually went up this past month! It wasn't by much and we already have confirmation that it's continuing on, but it's something to note!
    Thanks for the information.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Wake me when it's near cancellation numbers... otherwise this focus on sales seems to backdoor critiquing of the current direction....
    I dislike the current direction, but if Superman comics were exactly like how I wanted them to be, they'd probably be selling even less.

BANNED

Recent digital performance.

Superman is back over Justice League.

Print sales

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-09.html

That's a lot of Batman. Metal Tie-Ins, even White Knight is selling more. It is nice to see that digitally Superman is second in DC. But he is second by a long distance. DC is doing very well in digital.

I looked at print. Action definitely received a bump by 'Oz Effect'. At first i thought only 70k. Then there was the ordinary version. Taking them both he reached a figure at 90k which i thought it should have considering its importance. Truthfully, i expected even more.

This is not sustainable. But will it get a bump after the effect. Earler it was in low 40k maybe it would cross 50k even 60k. What do you think?

BANNED

The Superman books have been doing very well digitally, and digital performance leads me to believe that Superman line is selling more than the what the New 52 books were doing in the same time span. There's no way to tell for certain since we don't get numbers, but with Superman and Action outcharting so many other books, including Ms. Marvel, I think it's a safe bet. New 52 books did fine for a while digitally, but I don't remember them performing this well this consistently.

Print sales have been better, even if Action was going to fall before the Reborn bump.

But I don't think it's sustainable, no. When it was announced, I made the prediction that Doomsday Clock , along with Oz effect and Action #1000 will be the last "hurrah" for flagship books on the sales front for a while. I still think that will be the case.

It'll last for a few months after Doomsday Clock is done, but after ongoing DCU wide mysteries have been resolved, I see sales petering at a greater rate, and recovery will only get harder with each passing month that the current creative teams remain.

I can see Superman sales increasing once Tomasi/Gleason are back with Imperius Lex arc. What effects did the fill-in stories have on Superman's sales?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    I can see Superman sales increasing once Tomasi/Gleason are back with Imperius Lex arc. What effects did the fill-in stories have on Superman's sales?
    The charted a bit lower than where they usually place digitally.

Print sales dropped a bit more than they did last month, but it was still a small drop.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm glad Supergirl is out of the danger zone and is selling 12.000 copies more than 2 months ago for some reason (*cough* Stanley Lau variants *cough*).

WOW, Teen Titans is in the TOP 20.. Thanks to GOTHAM RESISTANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm glad Supergirl is out of the danger zone and is selling 12.000 copies more than 2 months ago for some reason (*cough* Stanley Lau variants *cough*).
    The change of Style? In the begin of this volume I was out for this..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-12-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Interesting. Artgerm Lau usually does 3K print run store exclusive variants at $10-15 a pop and those don't sell out super quickly.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The change of Style? In the begin of this volume I was out for this..
    No, I was referring to the variant covers by Lau...

Really love this one.

Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Really love this one.

Oh, that's a really beautiful one.

That variant is amazing! I'm honestly tempted to go out and purchase as many Lau Supergirl variants that I can find!

That's quite a jump in sales for Supergirl, from 122nd place in June to 65th in September. Was the artwork really dragging down the book that much?
    I gotta say I preferred the previous artwork more, but if the new artwork keeps the book in circulation I can deal with it.