Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    True - and I think Bendis is pretty good at getting press/etc for his stories and knowing what to say to grab people. If that can be combined with solid storytelling consistently, things might be pretty awesome.

Jury's still out, but while I've got some large reservations... I'm still hopeful, overall.
    It could also be a reaction to Jon Kent being aged up to 17.

Wonder Woman has not been doing well ever since Rucka left. That title has just floundered since, I’m hoping Wilson can turn it around. JLO got absolutely screwed by the delays and then Williamson jumped ship for Abnett. I’m curious what the DC bigwigs think of Bendis sales, because right now he is one of their top sellers.

Seeing the sales just solidifies in my mind that DC is going to do a new line-wide relaunch with Scott Snyder’s Summer JL event. They pretty much have to, they need a new name for the post-Rebirth era.

BANNED

Comixology op 25 For The Week

The Walking Dead #188
    Batman #64
    Justice League #17
    Young Justice #2
    The Green Lantern #4
    Uncanny X-Men #11
    Avengers #14
    Immortal Hulk #13
    Star Wars #61
    Die #3
    Daredevil #1
    Heroes in Crisis #5
    Star Wars (2015) Vol. 9: Hope Dies (62% off)
    Age of X-Man: The Marvelous X-Men #1
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #8
    X-23 #9
    Adventures of the Supersons #7
    Conan the Barbarian #3
    Star Wars: Age of the Republic- Anakin Skywalker #1
    Champions #2
    The Dreaming #6
    Female Furies #1
    Star Wars: Darth Vader (2017) Vol. 3: The Burning Seas (62% off)
    Giant Days #47
    Green Arrow #49

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...mes-daredevil/

BANNED

Bleeding Cool Bestseller Top Ten For The Week

Batman #64
    Justice League #17
    Green Lantern #4
    Daredevil #1
    Uncanny X-Men #11
    The Walking Dead #188
    Avengers #14
    Young Justice #2
    Conan the Barbarian #3
    Female Furies #1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...uestion-sales/

BANNED

Comixology Top 25 For The Week

Superman #8
    The Flash #64
    The Batman Who Laughs #3
    Detective Comics #998
    Amazing Spider-Man #15
    Thor #10
    Justice League Dark #7
    Wonder Woman #64
    The Magic Order #6
    Wonder Twins #1
    Titans #34
    Runaways #18
    Ms. Marvel #38
    Captain Marvel #2
    Age of X-Man: Next Gen #1
    Rat Queens #14
    Hawkman #9
    Avengers: No Road Home #1
    Umbrella Academy Vol. 2: Dallas (55% off)
    Red Hood: Outlaw #31
    Umbrella Academy Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite (55% off)
    Star Wars: Age of the Republic #1
    Supergirl #27
    Mr. and Mrs. X #8
    Daredevil #1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...k-the-top-ten/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Comixology Top 25 For The Week

Superman #8
    The Flash #64
    The Batman Who Laughs #3
    Detective Comics #998
    Amazing Spider-Man #15
    Thor #10
    Justice League Dark #7
    Wonder Woman #64
    The Magic Order #6
    Wonder Twins #1
    Titans #34
    Runaways #18
    Ms. Marvel #38
    Captain Marvel #2
    Age of X-Man: Next Gen #1
    Rat Queens #14
    Hawkman #9
    Avengers: No Road Home #1
    Umbrella Academy Vol. 2: Dallas (55% off)
    Red Hood: Outlaw #31
    Umbrella Academy Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite (55% off)
    Star Wars: Age of the Republic #1
    Supergirl #27
    Mr. and Mrs. X #8
    Daredevil #1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...k-the-top-ten/
    Gotta give Bendis credit, it’s been a long time since Supes beat Batman in the rankings. Especially when we’ve got Batman-Flash team-up, Batman vs. Evil Batmen, and Tec nearing 1000.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gotta give Bendis credit, it’s been a long time since Supes beat Batman in the rankings. Especially when we’ve got Batman-Flash team-up, Batman vs. Evil Batmen, and Tec nearing 1000.
    People are arguing about the quality of the Superman books under Bendis' control, but all those discussions are keeping the spotlight on the Superman books and some people will tell you that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    People are arguing about the quality of the Superman books under Bendis' control, but all those discussions are keeping the spotlight on the Superman books and some people will tell you that there is no such thing as bad publicity.
    I agree up to a point. Heroes in Crisis has also been controversial but in a way that really negatively impacted sales. For an event to fall below 100k is a bad thing, means it’s selling less than the average issue of Batman. So sometimes controversy backfires.

There's definitely such a thing as bad press. That old saying about there being no such thing is very much wrong.

But I dont think Bendis' run has really seen all that much which would truly qualify as "bad" press. Controversial or questionable yeah, but there's a difference between that (which is pretty normal) and legit, revenue damaging bad press. What we're getting is mostly just the same stuff we always see when the fans are engaged in the stakes of a run.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Be interesting to see January’s Diamond numbers. With two issues of Action and the turn over in arcs there could be a big drop. But Superman was pretty stable for November and December, Batman lost like 6000 books over the 4 issues.

I still think relative to the comic market as a whole the Bendis books seem to be preforming pretty well.

Astonishing Member

As much as the numbers have gone down since Bends came aboard, they don't appear to be dismal. There's been some misses with his writing but I don't think it's as disastrous as the heated debates on this board have implied. As someone who likes his ideas (and want them properly realised) I'm rooting for the success of his run. I want the best for Superman and want his profile to rise up again regardless of who writes him.

BANNED

DC may wind up distributing only twenty-two comics a month in the future, with an increase in the 100-page Wal-Mart, Target and Gamestop market titles.

DC's January statistics have been delayed ahead of the ComicsPRO retailer convention

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ed-the-new-22/

Interesting. If they are going to cut down the number of titles, I really support the idea of turning Action Comics into an anthology book to consolidate the Superfamily of titles. Like a 22 page main story and then a 10 page backup that gets devoted to Supergirl, Jimmy, Lois, Superboy (either Kon or Jon), etc. Keep that rotating consistently and tie them into the main story. If they kept halfway decent teams on that I think it'd be pretty popular. Same for Detective Comics with Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin, etc.

Figure, we have at least 8 that are no brainers.

1. Superman
    2. Action Comics
    3. Batman
    4. Detective Comics
    5. Wonder Woman
    6. Flash
    7. Green Lantern
    8. Justice League

That leaves 14 other books. I wonder if they'd rotate out "seasons" of different titles. Like publish a 6-12 part Green Arrow, Batgirl, or Birds of Prey book bi-weekly, then shelve it for 6 months or so until another "season" long arc pops up. So you have your staple of ongoing books and then a rotating selection of the remaining titles. This is basically the model they are using with Wonder Comics. Naomi and Young Justice are the ongoing books with Wonder Twins and Dial H being miniseries.

And it's interesting that they mention this 22 doesn't include the imprints, so conceivably Wonder Comics, Sandman, and Johns' eventual imprint won't be affected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    And it's interesting that they mention this 22 doesn't include the imprints, so conceivably Wonder Comics, Sandman, and Johns' eventual imprint won't be affected.
    That would be good news for Bendis and Conner fans...and the increase of interest in the Wal-Mart/Target market means books reprinting Conner material will be safe too

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    DC may wind up distributing only twenty-two comics a month in the future, with an increase in the 100-page Wal-Mart, Target and Gamestop market titles.

DC's January statistics have been delayed ahead of the ComicsPRO retailer convention

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ed-the-new-22/
    I don't know if it says something negative about DC's financial or business state that they're going to cut back to just 22 comics a month, but maybe there's some sense in it? I don't know. It seems like a weird move at this point unless sales are just that bad.

I guess maybe they're planning to have the 100-page giants to focus on the franchises that don't have ongoings out at the time? I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Makes me wonder if they'll relaunch certain titles under different imprints.