Page 64 of 115 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    HiC being at the top just shows that comic book buyers are all bark and no bite.
    From what i know it's number compared to event books in general is very low. Even doomsday clock with all its delay outsell it. So i would not say that. People are pissed. The retcon he made recent issue isn't helping him.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    From what i know it's number compared to event books in general is very low. Even doomsday clock with all its delay outsell it. So i would not say that. People are pissed. The retcon he made recent issue isn't helping him.
    Oh it is selling terribly for an event. But it’s the fact that it’s still selling higher than everything else that ticks me off. Comic book buyers mindlessly buying crap because it’s “important” infuriates me.

BANNED

BC Bestseller Top Ten For The Week

Heroes in Crisis #6

Flash #65
    Amazing Spider-Man #16
    Detective Comics #999
    Fantastic Four #7
    Action Comics #1,008
    Daredevil #2
    Old Lady Harley #5
    Captain America #8
    Wonder Woman #65

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...marvel-and-dc/

Another five-five split between Marvel and DC, but this time Marvel took first place with Fantastic Four, beating out Heroes in Crisis. The other big surprise was the fall of Action Comics, which came in ninth place in our store, maintaining its top ten position by only four copies. We’re now selling Action and Superman at below pre-Bendis levels as readers comment that this doesn’t seem like their Superman any more.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-03-2019 at 09:23 AM.

BANNED

Comixology Top 25 For The Week

Doomsday Clock #9
    The Walking Dead #189
    Batman #66
    Justice League #19
    Young Justice #3
    Uncanny X-Men #13
    Green Lantern #5
    Avengers #16
    Amazing Spider-Man #16
    Immortal Hulk #14
    Star Wars #62
    Die #4
    Paper Girls #26
    Heroes in Crisis #6
    Star Wars: Vader- Dark Visions #1
    Age of X-Man: Prisoner X #1
    Conan the Barbarian #4
    Avengers: No Road Home #4
    Adventures of the Super Sons #8
    The Life of Captain Marvel (67% off)
    Champions #3
    The Dreaming #7
    Deadly Class #37
    Star Wars: Age of Republic- Padme Amidala #1
    Green Arrow #50

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...-walking-dead/

So much for the delays sinking Doomsday Clock. Bet it sold 100k+ physical too.

BANNED

Bleeding Cool Bestseller Top Ten For The Week

Doomsday Clock #9
    Batman #66
    Justice League #19
    Amazing Spider-Man #16
    Uncanny X-Men #13
    Green Lantern #5
    Avengers #16 (HU)
    Immortal Hulk #14
    Young Justice #3
    Paper Girls #26/The Walking Dead #189

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...y-clock-sales/

Top 100 placement of the Superbooks for February 2019.

21 SUPERMAN #8
    29 ACTION COMICS #1008
    40 YOUNG JUSTICE #2
    84 SUPERGIRL #27
    85 MAN AND SUPERMAN 100 PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1
    89 ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #7

Superman and Action climbed up the charts a few spots each so they appear to be holding relatively steady within the market. Have to see how the actual numbers shake out.

Man and Superman appears to have sold really well for a $9.99 book. Super Sons looks like it may have improved a smidge as well. I wonder how Super Sons would be selling of they gave it the 50/50 variants all the other books get. I know I typically buy both covers for all the Super books.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-17-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Top 100 placement of the Superbooks for February 2019.

21 SUPERMAN #8
    29 ACTION COMICS #1008
    40 YOUNG JUSTICE #2
    84 SUPERGIRL #27
    85 MAN AND SUPERMAN 100 PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1
    89 ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #7

Superman and Action climbed up the charts a few spots each so they appear to be holding relatively steady within the market. Have to see how the actual numbers shake out.

Man and Superman appears to have sold really well for a $9.99 book. Super Sons looks like it may have improved a smidge as well. I wonder how Super Sons would be selling of they gave it the 50/50 variants all the other books get. I know I typically buy both covers for all the Super books.
    In general, DC comics seem to have climbed the positions regarding the previous month. I don't know the reason.

Supergirl is an exception, but it's because its sales in January increased due to the Artgerm variant cover. So, the sales in February should be lower.

It would be interesting to see the exact numbers.

Astonishing Member

Although the positions are higher, the sales are almost the same than the previous month (except in Supergirl and Young Justice cases): https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-february-2019

January:
    SUPERMAN #7 50,713
    ACTION COMICS #1006 46,140
    ACTION COMICS #1007 44,405
    SUPERGIRL #26 29,499
    YOUNG JUSTICE #1 73,952
    ADVENTURES OF THE SUPERSONS #6 19,969

February:
    SUPERMAN #8 50,475
    ACTION COMICS #1008 44,084
    SUPERGIRL #27 19,980
    YOUNG JUSTICE #2 37,081
    ADVENTURES OF THE SUPERSONS #7 19,570

PS: The fall of sales in Supergirl #27 (February) is because Supergirl #26 has an Artgerm variant, which increase its sales in January.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-18-2019 at 08:50 AM.

So they more or less held steady for the Jon age up and the beginning of the Leviathan buildup, but that was enough for them to actually climb up a few spots on the charts. Wondering if we'll see any bump now that Leviathan has actually been announced. I think the reports of Bendis' sales being a disappointment are likely overblown. It's selling this well in this market and seems to maybe have hit a stable point just in time for a mini-event to give it a little kick. I mean, just landing in the 60K's is now good enough to place you in the top 10 if not the top 5.

Young Justice's drop was pretty surprising. I would have expected it to stay up over 40K for a few months. Though it had like 5 variants for the launch.

Interesting to see Super Sons is selling about as well as Supergirl. I bet if they were throwing variants on that book it'd be selling in the low-mid 20k's.

Astonishing Member

Blast it.

I was hoping the position and sales would be an improvement from last month. It's still relatively good news, so I can't complain. Too bad for SG. I hope quickly stabilises and doesn't drop too much.

Astonishing Member

So they more or less held steady for the Jon age up and the beginning of the Leviathan buildup, but that was enough for them to actually climb up a few spots on the charts. Wondering if we'll see any bump now that Leviathan has actually been announced. I think the reports of Bendis' sales being a disappointment are likely overblown. It's selling this well in this market and seems to maybe have hit a stable point just in time for a mini-event to give it a little kick. I mean, just landing in the 60K's is now good enough to place you in the top 10 if not the top 5.

Young Justice's drop was pretty surprising. I would have expected it to stay up over 40K for a few months. Though it had like 5 variants for the launch.

Interesting to see Super Sons is selling about as well as Supergirl. I bet if they were throwing variants on that book it'd be selling in the low-mid 20k's.
    This is fairly stable for Superman. The Leviathan event should boost sales at least.

As for SS, I wonder if I can be relaunched with the aged up Jon after this current maxi is done.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if the sales held steady. It's possible the Jon age up has increased the sales at some level.

The thing is that sales of Superman have been falling at some level. So the fact that they look stable now may be due to an increase in sales (that the regular Superman comic should have).

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Blast it.

I was hoping the position and sales would be an improvement from last month. It's still relatively good news, so I can't complain. Too bad for SG. I hope quickly stabilises and doesn't drop too much.
    The positions did improve slightly from January. Relative to the comic market overall it's performing pretty well. Mid-to-high 60K is a top 10 book. So taking the numbers in a vacuum isn't reflective of the status of the market on the whole. So you can't make a 1-to-1 comparison to say Rebirth or New 52 numbers and say Bendis isn't performing as well. It's a really different market.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't know if the sales held steady. It's possible the Jon age up has increased the sales at some level.

The thing is that sales of Superman have been falling at some level. So the fact that they look stable now may be due to an increase in sales (that the regular Superman comic should have).
    Ok, I see what you mean. So but for Jon's age up and the Leviathan build up they'd be lower. That's kinda the point I was trying to make actually. There's all these small built in mini-events and status quo shake ups to keep things interesting that we haven't sunk into the self contained inventory stories and whatnot that resulted in the real drop for the last volumes sales. There's Leviathan on the horizon, whatever status quo change he has cooked up for the family, and then increasingly looking like a Legion relaunch out of all this.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-18-2019 at 10:56 AM.

When JL is only selling 50k those Superman sales aren’t too bad. I’d wager both Marvel and DC have to be planning relaunches soon.