Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1068
  1. #991
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    what?? have no idea what you mean with those things sorry.
    So collections like, Man of Steel or Superman: Unity Saga Vol. 1 count. And then it counts things like Raina Telgemeir's Smile as a "graphic novel". They are stand alone comics sold basically like mass market paperbacks. Her sales are massive with school age kids and dwarf regular comics. THat's why DC is trying to get in on that with the Zoom and Inc. lines.

    https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...c-novels-print

    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-new-high-2018

    "While comic stores are still the largest channel, they represented less than half the market for comics and graphic novels in 2018 for the first time in at least three decades."

    Sales in the book channel, which includes chain bookstores, mass merchants, major online retailers, and Scholastic Book Fairs, were up by double digits, with sales of kids graphic novels the biggest factor. Digital sales were also up for the first time in several years, with increased title counts across multiple platforms a factor. Sales in comic stores were down very slightly versus the previous year.

    Sales of all three formats, comics, graphic novels, and digital, grew in 2018, with graphic novels leading the way, followed at some distance by digital and comics.

  2. #992
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm talking about Comixology primarily. What other legal sources for digital sales are there? Crowdfunded books are in their own category.
    I was talking about publishers like MonkeyBrain, etc. that offer primarily / only digital versions of single issue comic books, though those do sometimes get collected later into trade paperback editions.
    And DC had been offering some digital-first versions of comic books (like DC Comics Bombshells), though I'm not sure if they still publish any.

  3. #993
    Mighty Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    So collections like, Man of Steel or Superman: Unity Saga Vol. 1 count. And then it counts things like Raina Telgemeir's Smile as a "graphic novel". They are stand alone comics sold basically like mass market paperbacks. Her sales are massive with school age kids and dwarf regular comics. THat's why DC is trying to get in on that with the Zoom and Inc. lines.

    https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...c-novels-print

    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-new-high-2018
    ah OK, makes sense to try to capture the youngsters imaginations.

  4. #994
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,263

    Default

    Bleeding Cool Top Bestselling Titles For The Week

    DC’s Year of the Villain #1
    DCeased #1

    Batman #70
    Justice League #23
    War of the Realms #3
    Savage Avengers #1
    Uncanny X-Men #17
    Walking Dead #191
    Amazing Spider-Man #20.HU
    Paper Girls #28
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...the-populatio/

  5. #995
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bleeding Cool Top Bestselling Titles For The Week

    DC’s Year of the Villain #1
    DCeased #1

    Batman #70
    Justice League #23
    War of the Realms #3
    Savage Avengers #1
    Uncanny X-Men #17
    Walking Dead #191
    Amazing Spider-Man #20.HU
    Paper Girls #28
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...the-populatio/
    I don’t understand the appeal of DCeased. It’s literally just Marvel Zombies for DC down to the infection starting by a hero landing in the middle of a populated city. But oh well.

  6. #996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t understand the appeal of DCeased. It’s literally just Marvel Zombies for DC down to the infection starting by a hero landing in the middle of a populated city. But oh well.
    I liked the issue because it had rebirth superfamily feels to it and i have been missing that. It was great seeing Clark and Lois being there for damian. Also, it was great seeing clark so vulnerable.
    Otherwise, yeah! People might be checking it out to know if it is good or not.

  7. #997
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t understand the appeal of DCeased. It’s literally just Marvel Zombies for DC down to the infection starting by a hero landing in the middle of a populated city. But oh well.
    I guess we'll see how it does past issue #1, but maybe it was just the idea of a new concept and Taylor doing his Elseworld thing again.

    I mean, Marvel milked the heck out of Marvel Zombies back in it's day...

  8. #998
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I liked the issue because it had rebirth superfamily feels to it and i have been missing that. It was great seeing Clark and Lois being there for damian. Also, it was great seeing clark so vulnerable.
    Otherwise, yeah! People might be checking it out to know if it is good or not.
    Lol enjoy it while it lasted because I guarantee not all three of the Superfamily are making it out alive. But yeah I will say it was nice to see. But I’m so burnt out on Zombies I wouldn’t have even read it if a friend hadn’t given me his copy to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess we'll see how it does past issue #1, but maybe it was just the idea of a new concept and Taylor doing his Elseworld thing again.

    I mean, Marvel milked the heck out of Marvel Zombies back in it's day...
    Oh I get why DC is letting Taylor do this. I just don’t get why people are buying it. It seems very much a case of “read this already” when a friend who loves Taylor gave me his copy to read. I couldn’t shake the feeling of deja vu, but if people want this then they can have it. I have no problem with it.

  9. #999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol enjoy it while it lasted because I guarantee not all three of the Superfamily are making it out alive. But yeah I will say it was nice to see. But I’m so burnt out on Zombies I wouldn’t have even read it if a friend hadn’t given me his copy to read.
    Yeah! I know. I thought they were going to get zombified this issue itself. That is the reason why i want to read it. There are stakes. Rarely do i feel there are stakes in comics. Superfamily being their increases the stakes for me.
    Superman always felt more exciting and personal when he has a family to lose for me . Maybe its because first stories i read of superman are alan moore stories. To quote "it's like tearing off your own arm", so i am looking forward to it.

  10. #1000
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t understand the appeal of DCeased. It’s literally just Marvel Zombies for DC down to the infection starting by a hero landing in the middle of a populated city. But oh well.
    It's in continuity.

  11. #1001
    Incredible Member Lvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    It's in continuity.
    Lol Tom Taylor confirmed it was out of continuity Rich.

    https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/st...208832?lang=en

    Then again fact checking has never been Bleeding Cool's strong suit eh?

  12. #1002
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    It's in continuity.
    ...Rich in continuity right now Darkseid is a teenager, living in the Ghost Sector with the JLO. Jon is a young adult, not a kid. Dick is “Ric” not Nightwing. There’s no possible way this could be in continuity.

  13. #1003
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Lol Tom Taylor confirmed it was out of continuity Rich.
    I think that I heard that before but.. Thanks for confirm me this..

  14. #1004
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,263

    Default

    Bleeding Cool are now doing a Marketshare-Per-Capita chart monthly. Starting with March.



    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...in-march-2019/

  15. #1005
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,263

    Default

    April 2019 Marketshare

    1 WAR OF THE REALMS #1
    2 SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #1
    3 THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #4
    4 THE IMMORTAL HULK #16
    5 BATMAN #69
    6 BATMAN #68
    7 THANOS #1
    8 HEROES IN CRISIS #8
    9 WEB OF VENOM: CULT OF CARNAGE #1
    10 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20






    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...9-marketshare/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •