Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    As title of the thread suggests, this thread is to keep track of and comment on the sales of the Superman line after the relaunch. Whatever your feelings about the current direction, good sales are more likely to help the Superman line than hurt it in the good run.

We we won't have the numbers for print sales until a month from now, but we do have some info on digital sales.

Superman Rebirth #1 is the 4th best selling of the day on Comixology, even selling more than Civil War 2 #1. Other new comics of note that it's outselling are All-New, All Different Avengers, Invincible Iron Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Old Man Logan. These comics chart well digitally, placing close to Ms. Marvel when they are released on the same week, so it's fair to say that Superman Rebirth is off to a great start in terms of digital sales.

It's placement in the digital charts, means it sold at least a 1000 copies digitally on its first day.

If some of you are wondering how I got that number when digital numbers aren't released, it's actually quite simple. Comixology has a best sellers list which keeps track of the best selling comics on a daily basis. There are 1004 comics on the list, meaning the the 1004th comic on the list has to sell at least 1 copy to make in onto the list, the 1003rd comic the list has to sell at least 2 copies to be ahead of the 1004th comic, etc. This means the 4th comic on the list, Superman Rebirth #1 has to have sold at least 1000 copies in order to secure it's placement on the list.

As I said, this is a good start for Superman in terms of sales. It's not the first time the Superman books have charted this well digitally, but selling more than Civil War #2, Spider-Man, Avengers, and Iron Man is an achievement.
    Couldn't some comics sell the same number of digital copies? For example, there could be fifty titles selling 1 copy each and they would all qualify to be on the list. That means Superman (and any other title) could be selling... well, ANY number of copies. Am I missing something?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Couldn't some comics sell the same number of digital copies? For example, there could be fifty titles selling 1 copy each and they would all qualify to be on the list. That means Superman (and any other title) could be selling... well, ANY number of copies. Am I missing something?
    You are right. There are several fallacies basing digital sales this way, but it's the best tool we have to get any kind of idea.

BANNED

Yes, there could be several comics selling the same amount of copies, but I think it's offset by using 1 sale as the minimum on what's a top sellers list.

It's not a perfect system, or close to it, but it's the best that's available right now.

BANNED

Day 1 for Action Comic s #957

Action Comics #957 debuts at number 4, outselling everything except for Flash Rebirth, Wonder Woman Rebirth, and Detective Comics 934.

Minimum sales at 1000 copies.

Day 8 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to the number 9 position, which is a very small drop after new releases. It's outselling every new Marvel comic, including Darth Vader which has performed better than Ms. Marvel when released at the same time.

Minimum sales at 8003.

Nice to see rebirth dominating. Even better to see both Super books in the top 10

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Day 1 for Action Comic s #957

Action Comics #957 debuts at number 4, outselling everything except for Flash Rebirth, Wonder Woman Rebirth, and Detective Comics 934.

Minimum sales at 1000 copies.

Day 8 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to the number 9 position, which is a very small drop after new releases. It's outselling every new Marvel comic, including Darth Vader which has performed better than Ms. Marvel when released at the same time.

Minimum sales at 8003.
    I'm surprised that Injustice comic is selling good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm surprised that Injustice comic is selling good
    Injustice has always sold very well digitally.

The video game is very popular and the comic series is digital first.

BANNED

Day 2 for Action Comic s #957

Remains at number 4, minimum sales at 2000 copies.

Day 9 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to number 12.

Minimum sales at 9002.

BANNED

Day 3 for Action Comic s #957

Remains at number 4, minimum sales at 3000 copies.

Day 10 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to number 13.

Minimum sales at 9993.

Nice. Good to see Aquaman made a come up.

BANNED

Day 4 for Action Comic s #957

Remains at number 4, minimum sales at 4000 copies.

Day 11 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to number 15.

Minimum sales at 10982.

I hope Superman #1 does this well.

Im not expecting the "regular" number 1's to do as well as the Rebirth specials are, but I do expect to see some strong numbers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Same here. Everything Rebirth and #1 will do well, with the former probably a bit better. After that then we start in the process of the ebb and flow that will really start telling the tale of where things stand.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Day 5 for Action Comic s #957

Remains at number 4, minimum sales at 5000 copies.

Day 12 for Superman Rebirth #1

Superman Rebirth #1 drops to number 16.

Minimum sales at 11970