Page 85 of 115 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1715

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    To echo the others, yes I would. Legion is Clark's. Let him keep it. Jon should be able to be his own person, not Clark 2.0 that Bendis has been pushing. Let Jon be a kid, with his family, with his friends. Have him go on adventures with Damian, Maya, and Kathy. While at the same time, he has to get good grades at school or else no capes for the weekend. Have Lois actually care for him, and not put a story before her family. You know, like when they all were stuck on Apokolyps and Lois even faced the Furies to protect her husband and son.
    This is also my view regarding the subject of Jon and the Legion, to agree with what others have already posted. Jon should have his own team rather than inheriting Clark's. Let Jon be Jon and Clark be Clark.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Supergirl was not cancelled for sales reasons per BC:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ero-editorial/

This kind of report really underlines how little comic fans actually understand about the business side. Obviously, sales below 20,000 no longer warrant cancellation. Which isn't surprising given the overall state of the comic direct market. A book like Supergirl can truck along on 20K or lower monthly sales for years.
    Why not just put the book on hiatus until that is resolved? That's what they did when Steve Orlando left the book.

So they can relaunch it with a new #1?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This kind of report really underlines how little comic fans actually understand about the business side. Obviously, sales below 20,000 no longer warrant cancellation. Which isn't surprising given the overall state of the comic direct market. A book like Supergirl can truck along on 20K or lower monthly sales for years.
    Man, this Infected storyline seems to have really derailed Kara.

Ugh no one cares about that storyline ffs DC. Should’ve just left that to be cleaned up in Hell Arisen and used the “Hypertime is screwed” excuse from JL to let Kara be normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So they can relaunch it with a new #1?
    I wonder if the next relaunch will tie her closer to her TV show? Despite moving her to National City and giving her the DEO parents she lacks Lena and all the TV supporting members.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

February 2020 Sales Figures:

Justice League 40 34,151 (rank 40)

Batman/Superman 7 31,519 (rank 46)

Superman 20 31,497 (rank 47)

Superman Heroes 1 27,296 (rank 62)

Action Comics 1020 26,799 (rank 63)

Young Justice 13 20,701 (rank 88)

Legion of Super Heroes 4 23,075 (rank 77)

Lois Lane 8 16,827 (rank 111)

Supergirl 39 10,949 (rank 159)

Jimmy Olsen 8 12,268 (rank 144)

Superman Smashes The Klan 3 9,588 (rank 183)

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-02.html

Overall not a good year for Superman comic wise.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    February 2020 Sales Figures:

Justice League 40 34,151 (rank 40)

Batman/Superman 7 31,519 (rank 46)

Superman 20 31,497 (rank 47)

Superman Heroes 1 27,296 (rank 62)

Action Comics 1020 26,799 (rank 63)

Young Justice 13 20,701 (rank 88)

Legion of Super Heroes 4 23,075 (rank 77)

Lois Lane 8 16,827 (rank 111)

Supergirl 39 10,949 (rank 159)

Jimmy Olsen 8 12,268 (rank 144)

Superman Smashes The Klan 3 9,588 (rank 183)

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-02.html

Overall not a good year for Superman comic wise.
    Those are the uncombined totals. Justice League is #19 & 25 with 44K & 42K, Batman/Superman is #29 with 41K, Superman #34 with 39K, Action Comics is #45 with 34K, Legion is #51 with 30K

Those are the uncombined totals. Justice League is #19 & 25 with 44K & 42K, Batman/Superman is #29 with 41K, Superman #34 with 39K, Action Comics is #45 with 34K, Legion is #51 with 30K
    Where did you find the combined total?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Where did you find the combined total?
    You click on the "fused" tab in the Comichron chart and it combines the covers. Otherwise, since the variants have a higher cover price they are counted separately.

You click on the "fused" tab in the Comichron chart and it combines the covers. Otherwise, since the variants have a higher cover price they are counted separately.
    Didn't know that, thanks.

Even with the combined totals, both Superman titles are now selling below 40K and the next Legion issue will probably drop below 30K next month. It's definitely not a good start to the year for Superman comics. Only Batman/Superman managed to break the 40K mark.

The secret ID reveal has been met with a big thud sales-wise. On one hand I feel a bit vindicated, as its a tangible piece of evidence that it was probably a bad idea all along. On the other I'm concerned the numbers aren't bad enough to amount to anything change-wise. And even with the change in leadership, that won't be felt for about a year, so its still likely a year more of this crap.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Are all these numbers just floppies?

What about trades?

Mighty Member

Yeah, it should also be noted that the card-stock variant covers that most of these titles had boosted sales of titles in the past, which means one of two things is happening. One, the card stock covers are no longer much of a draw and are not significantly boosting sales anymore. Or two, the titles has now fallen so far that even the card stock covers aren't enough to keep them above water. Either way, not great for DC or Bendis. This is quickly approaching DCYou sales bad or Grounded era bad. So something clearly has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The secret ID reveal has been met with a big thud sales-wise. On one hand I feel a bit vindicated, as its a tangible piece of evidence that it was probably a bad idea all along. On the other I'm concerned the numbers aren't bad enough to amount to anything change-wise. And even with the change in leadership, that won't be felt for about a year, so its still likely a year more of this crap.
    I know how you feel. I can't help but have a feeling of satisfaction that the title with Bendis has now dropped lower than Tomasi's run ever did, and that's even with the heavy promotion DC has done to encourage readership of Bendis's DC work. Especially since boosting sales was the party line for why Tomasi was even replaced. That reasoning has now been shown to be very flawed. Plus, Super Sons was selling way better than Legion (which was also heavily promoted) at this point in it's run. Feels like vindication for Kid Jon. Either way, without question, the identity reveal is being rejected by readers. So now the question becomes how long? How long can Bendis's pull keep him on these titles? At least these numbers might indicate that the next person to take the helm undoes at lot of these changes.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

By next year we'll probably have the secret ID back, and maybe even kid Jon. This is just not working. My personal feelings aside, as I rather liked what Bendis was doing in the beginning. But when he introduced the gimmicks, things went south. And they keep going down with each proceeding gimmick, the ID being the latest that has been met with a poor showing. I'm also sad the Legion was brought into this. I missed the concept and wanted it back, but I also knew of the myriad of failures on its back. It didn't need another, it needed something solid to come back on. Instead we got what looks to have been intended as an original-5G prologue. And we know what's happening there, complete chaos in the wake of Didio's dismissal. This unfortunately was not the platform a delicate property like the Legion needed to return on.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Johns anymore either but in retrospect DC would have been better off letting his Rebirth vision play out. I know its all hindsight, for example I still don't get what the massive delays with Doomsday Clock were all about, and at least in that regard I still can't blame them for moving onto something else. But in a general sense, where he was going and the monthly writers working on that template was working better. Even someone like me who wasn't a big fan of Rebirth in its own right can admit that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-17-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El