Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1715

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They might be coming at it from the POV not necessarily their own bottom lines, but needing to juice the direct market and shops somehow. Yeah, they'd have to divy up the proceeds somehow, but it might be worth it if it works to keep some people engaged in the hobby and coming to shops. In the hierarchy of pandemic and economic collapse, comic buying budgets are probably low on the list for most people.
    That's what I'm saying. A crossover right now would be a benefit because it gets people in the shops, the fact that the publishers would be splitting the cash isn't nearly as important as it was a few months ago.

And I really like the idea of doing it through IDW. That'd be a really great move and encourage solidarity in the market, and would be good for everyone I think.

Though how they decide to split trade sales.....that could be a point of contention. The trade will be on shelves far longer than the floppies.

One of the scarier things I've heard though was the Diamond guy talking about basically not being worried about the comic market because he thinks collectors will always buy comics regardless of the economic conditions. That's kinda head in the sand thinking to me that doesn't garner a lot of optimism.
    Ew. Well....if it's just one guy, then whatever. But if that's the "official opinion" then.....sheesh.

I mean, to a point it's not completely wrong. I bet a lot of us kept buying books during the recession. Maybe not as many, but I know I didn't drop my entire pull list, just the excess. But when everybody drops a few titles from their pulls all at once, that's still gonna hurt a lot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, sales for the next couple of months are going to be basically useless to gauge anything. They are talking about multiple Free Comic Book Days, but it's not like crowded events at shops are going to be a thing for a while. I think there's a pretty good chance of the DC/Marvel crossover to kinda try to juice sales though. But if you listen to a lot of retailer chat it's a mess and going to be getting a lot worse.
    The problem is likely even bigger than a slowdown for a few months. There is a pretty good chance Coronavirus will come back in the fall or winter and the market will be forced slow down all over again. So even if they have some Sales Juice once this first wave is over, it won't necessarily help anything.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I hope the Superman Smashes the Klan trade will sell well enough under this current climate.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I hope the Superman Smashes the Klan trade will sell well enough under this current climate.
    Me too. One of the WW books apparently sold something like 200k, so fingers crossed SSTK does really well. I want Yang to get more Superman work whether that’s in the YA or BL or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Me too. One of the WW books apparently sold something like 200k, so fingers crossed SSTK does really well. I want Yang to get more Superman work whether that’s in the YA or BL or wherever.
    I definitely expect it to sell very well as a trade.

Mighty Member

Interesting. Do you know which Wonder Woman book?
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Interesting. Do you know which Wonder Woman book?
    Pretty sure it was Diana: Princess of the Amazons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty sure it was Diana: Princess of the Amazons.
    Ahhhh, makes sense. I wonder how that one did compared to Raven, which I know sold extremely well. Either way, I don't think it's worth getting hopes up that Superman Smashes the Klan does that well. Diana: Princess of the Amazons appeals to a very eager audience.
    Currently Reading:

I just want Smash to do comparatively well.

I don't care if it sells better than another graphic novel as long as it sells better than DC expects it to.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Comichron's August 2020 Comics Sales Projections: https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...0/2020-08.html

Superman is ranked 41st on the chart, BM/SM #11 (43), Action Comics #1024 (51), DCeased Dead Planet #2 (57), Legion of Super-Heroes #8 (59), Young Justice #17 (92).

Jesus has it really been 6 months? Insane to see how well Tynion’s Batman is projected to be doing, Joker War outselling the main event?

I really do wonder if DC isn’t going to relaunch with new #1’s it sure looks like they need the attention.

Jesus has it really been 6 months? Insane to see how well Tynion’s Batman is projected to be doing, Joker War outselling the main event?

I really do wonder if DC isn’t going to relaunch with new #1’s it sure looks like they need the attention.
    Is Tynion selling better than late King Batman?

after the split from Diamond, I didn't know if we'd see thread bumped again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Tynion selling better than late King Batman?
    I would put money down on Tynion selling better. He went from being filler to seemingly being the long term guy based off of his sales. Punchline has been a massive success and is getting her own one shot. Joker War has definitely been well received from the corners of the Internet I’ve visited, I’m enjoying it myself although Jimenez art certainly helps, despite it being another damn “final fight” between Batman and Joker. We’ll see if he can sustain that afterwards, nothing about Ghost-Maker interests me, he’s a copy of Hush, Bronze Tiger, Nobody, and a dozen other “rivals Bruce made while traveling the world”. But as of right now he’s on top.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Superman selling below Ric Grayson really, really hurt me in a way I didn't realize it would. While I enjoy the Bendis era, it really does not seem to be selling and it does seem like a change was necessary.

Yeah, Joker War and the hope he finally snaps back to Dick Grayson, but still. Ric Grayson beating Superman that handily is a real gutpunch.