Super Moderator

Default "Arrow's" Stephen Amell Draws the Line at Singing for The CW's 4-Show Crossover

Though many of DCTV's stars are also known as for their voices, Amell was quick to shut down any idea of him singing for The CW.

Full article here.

So Amell was all for doing a crossover with Supergirl when it was just him in crossover because it would get him a free trip to LA, but now that Amell has to share the crossover with the other two shows he's against it and thinks Arrow should do its own thing.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So Amell was all for doing a crossover with Supergirl when it was just him in crossover because it would get him a free trip to LA, but now that Amell has to share the crossover with the other two shows he's against it and thinks Arrow should do its own thing.
    Wow, you read that very differently than I did.

Amell was talking about keeping the show's tone consistent regardless of all the scifi elements that are introduced via the spin-offs and Supergirl.

BANNED

That is not even remotely what he said.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I would be fine with a musical crossover. Just sayin. XD
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    Wow, you read that very differently than I did.

Amell was talking about keeping the show's tone consistent regardless of all the scifi elements that are introduced via the spin-offs and Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That is not even remotely what he said.
    "They have to show me how they’re going to do this magical four-show crossover," he added. "It was hard enough when it was two shows and mixing in 'Legends' a little bit. To make it four shows? I'm dumbfounded."

Doesn't sound like a man 100% on board for a 4 show crossover to me. What am I reading wrong?

All-New Member

Really, do these actors get any creative input at all? I get that he draws the line at singing, which depends on him (though Buffy taught us that there are ways to accomplish a singing episode even if not all of the cast sings) but would the producers and writers actually care if he thinks that a four way crossover would go against Arrow's tone? Isn't he just hired to act the scripts that are given to him?

BANNED

"They have to show me how they’re going to do this magical four-show crossover," he added. "It was hard enough when it was two shows and mixing in 'Legends' a little bit. To make it four shows? I'm dumbfounded."

Doesn't sound like a man 100% on board for a 4 show crossover to me. What am I reading wrong?
    Don't throw your back out moving the goal posts. What you said was:

Nowhere does he say he's "against" the crossover or that he thinks "Arrow should do its own thing." That is demonstrably untrue. He express some (very valid) concerns about how the crossover will work logistically and will fit within the framework of the tone and direction of Arrow. (And he's hardly the first person to raise such concerns). But, again, that's not even close to the same thing as him taking his ball and stomping off on home, which is the picture you were trying to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Really, do these actors get any creative input at all? I get that he draws the line at singing, which depends on him (though Buffy taught us that there are ways to accomplish a singing episode even if not all of the cast sings) but would the producers and writers actually care if he thinks that a four way crossover would go against Arrow's tone? Isn't he just hired to act the scripts that are given to him?
    Based on his previous comments regarding guest-spots on the other shows, he's not contractually obligated to appear on any show other than his own, so if they want him to appear on Supergirl, Flash, or LoT, then he he has to sign off on it.
    Last edited by kalorama; 06-03-2016 at 07:29 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I would be fine with a musical crossover. Just sayin. XD
    Worked for Buffy. i'm in.

That or a puppet episode... ��
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Though many of DCTV's stars are also known as for their voices, Amell was quick to shut down any idea of him singing for The CW.

Full article here.

Mister Mxyzptlk would be ideal. (Wasn't Bat-mite Batman's analogue to Mxy and Qwsp for Aquaman). They could create one for either GA or Flash. and we can get to the singing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inobe View Post
    Mister Mxyzptlk would be ideal. (Wasn't Bat-mite Batman's analogue to Mxy and Qwsp for Aquaman). They could create one for either GA or Flash. and we can get to the singing!!!!
    The most talked about one is Music Meister, who uses his power to control people through song to try to take over the world. In an episode of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold animated series.
    The Music Meister uses his powers to control people through music to induce Black Canary, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Black Manta, Gorilla Grodd and Clock King to hijack a United Nations communications satellite.
    The crossover could use Flash, Joe West, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Ray Palmer, Sara Lance, Diggle and Felicity if Green Arrow isn't up for it.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 06-04-2016 at 04:59 PM.