Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I know this is probably dumb but why was the All Star Squadron a different team from the JSA? Many of the issues I find seem to regularly feature many members of the JSA.
    President Roosevelt wanted ALL the U.S.'s "Mystery Men" (and women) to band together and protect the country during WWII. That meant all the members of the JSA, all the members of the Seven Soldiers of Victory/Law's Legionnaires, and all the independent heroes could be available to work together as needed.
    From All-Star Squadron #3:(NOTE: The Freedom Fighters did not form as a team before FDR called for the All-Star Squadron to form, and of course you know why the group was referred to as the "All-Star Squadron")

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    President Roosevelt wanted ALL the U.S.'s "Mystery Men" (and women) to band together and protect the country during WWII. That meant all the members of the JSA, all the members of the Seven Soldiers of Victory/Law's Legionnaires, and all the independent heroes could be available to work together as needed.
    From All-Star Squadron #3:(NOTE: The Freedom Fighters did not form as a team before FDR called for the All-Star Squadron to form, and of course you know why the group was referred to as the "All-Star Squadron")
    Ahhhhhh! Thank you for the info. I got a great laugh out of the exchange between Superman and Atom
    Last edited by Jekyll; 02-15-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Well,every member of the JSA joined the army (and navy) at the time,so All-Star Squadron was a new team,in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Well,every member of the JSA joined the army (and navy) at the time, so All-Star Squadron was a new team, in theory.
    I'm not sure what the connection is you're making between the members of the Justice Society of America joining the armed forces and the All-Star Squadron, especially since the JSA members hadn't signed up for the military until after FDR asked all heroes to work together as the All-Star Squadron.
    The JSA members joining the military and the group being referred to as "The Justice Batallion" happened back in All Star Comics #11.
    The story from All Star Comics #12, where the JSA fights the Black Dragon Society, was featured in All-Star Squadron #30.

I'm not sure what the connection is you're making between the members of the Justice Society of America joining the armed forces and the All-Star Squadron, especially since the JSA members hadn't signed up for the military until after FDR asked all heroes to work together as the All-Star Squadron.
    The JSA members joining the military and the group being referred to as "The Justice Batallion" happened back in All Star Comics #11.
    The story from All Star Comics #12, where the JSA fights the Black Dragon Society, was featured in All-Star Squadron #30.

I enjoyed the end of that story when Wonder Woman finished the whole story before Liberty Belle could even finish the page she was in, and Libby asks her if she didn't want to pull double duty as the All-Star Squadron secretary as well.

Peace

All-Star Squadron was the first series I actively collected as a child, starting with issue 2. I'd just read a reprint of the JSA/JLA/7 Soldiers story from JLA 100 at the time and was absolutely fascinated with the JSA team.

I've been rereading the series recently (currently reading the first appearance of Amazing Man) and I'm impressed by how well the series stands up 35 years later. The Brain Wave story remains my personal favourite but everything from the trial of Robotman through to Crisis is absolute gold.

Last edited by Güicho; 02-16-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

That’s the greatest collection of heroes in any universe, DC or Marvel...
    I’m still hoping it’ll be collected in an Omnibus edition... be great if doomsday clock managed to bring them back as well.

BANNED

I love the ASS!!!! one of the best superhero teams in DC history

Terrible acronym,btw.

Horberg was a great replacement to Ordway. Too bad he only stayed for 7 issues or so.

Peace

BANNED

Terrible acronym,btw.
    They should have had a cave base called the ASS-Hole

Terrible acronym, btw.
    Perhaps, but there was a very specific reason for the A-S part.

. Image cleverly reworked post-crisis?

Spot the post-crisis differences.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-05-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Horberg was a great replacement to Ordway. Too bad he only stayed for 7 issues or so.

Peace
    Arvell Jones, on the other hand, was not. IMHO, DC really dropped the ball there. And, despite COIR messing around with everything, the change in the art team was really the beggining of the end for the book.

Peace