Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Technically speaking (and not counting all the alternate versions from different worlds that pop up from time to time), the comics have only followed three Supermen :

1. Golden Age Superman. My absolute favorite version.

2. Silver Age/Modern Superman. This is the current Rebirth version, with the family. His first stories were in the late 50's-early 60's, and he's been transformed a lot since then, but he's still the same guy.

3. New 52 Superman, who's now dead.

Although there was that mysterious stranger in the Rebirth special who said neither Superman #2 nor #3 where what they thought they were. So I'm guessing there's some strange connection between them that makes the question of identity more muddled than it currently appears to be.

Spectacular Member

llllllllll
    Last edited by Ms Lola; 10-12-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Lola View Post
    I miss the New52 Supes. I really do.
    He was never given a fair shot. Which pisses a lot of us off.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Incidentally, (and this may be controversial) I think nearly all the DC characters are the "people" that were first published in the Golden or Silver Age, and much transformed since then. Even the Nu52 versions. The only reason there are discrete Supermen is because the Supermen have been explicitly shown interacting with each other. Supermen #1 and #2 fought together in Crisis, then fought each other in Infinite Crisis, #2 and #3 met in "The Final Days of Superman," and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    Incidentally, (and this may be controversial) I think nearly all the DC characters are the "people" that were first published in the Golden or Silver Age, and much transformed since then. Even the Nu52 versions. The only reason there are discrete Supermen is because the Supermen have been explicitly shown interacting with each other. Supermen #1 and #2 fought together in Crisis, then fought each other in Infinite Crisis, #2 and #3 met in "The Final Days of Superman," and so on.
    Maybe that could lead into the ongoing mystery

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    Although it might be a good idea, there is no way that they can all be the same person any more. There are way too many different attributes, traits, and discrepancies.

I love the fact that there are several different Superman with their own individual stories that are just as awesome as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Lola View Post
    I miss the New52 Supes. I really do.
    I think the same...

The worst thing is that before TRUTH they already planning this(for this the saga was a disaster, Superman did not matter, they would replace him.)..Something I do not understand..