Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Avatar Suggestions

Back when the CBR forums were rebooted in 2014 and we made the decision to increase avatar sizes I did my best to recreate the avatar database we had at the old forums, and I pretty much did that. Moving forward, I continued (and do continue) to add to it as I came across images I considered avatar-worthy.

But here's the thing: I am first and foremost a Marvel reader/fan, and in addition to that it's not like I'm constantly screening comics for avatars. So there are areas of the comicdom (and other media) that are not represented in the current avatar collection.

So here's where you can help out. If you think you have an image from a comic (or other media) that would be avatar-worthy for CBR (preferably of characters that I haven't gotten to) feel free to post it here for consideration. If you do, please remember the following:

• Post the whole image (or at least enough that allows me to select a portion of the image), do not make avatars for me. I have a certain eye for what I think would make a good avatar and how exactly it should be framed, so let me do what I do.
    • Don't submit images just to fill a slot. While, as I mentioned, there are characters unrepresented in our current avatar database, it doesn't mean I'm looking for just any image to check something off a list. Good quality images (art style & image quality) would be preferred.
    • Try to submit "clean" images. By that, I mean images that aren't too busy or encumbered by word balloons or other things obstructing what would make a clear avatar of the character alone. I use Photoshop to clean stuff up so it's not a deal-breaker, but obviously the less altering I need to do the easier it is.
    • Don't be discouraged or offended if I don't pick something you submitted. As I mentioned above, I have a certain eye for what I consider avatar-worthy and it may be different from yours. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is (and hey, if I don't pick it there's nothing stopping you from making and using your own avatars).

If we get enough participation maybe I'll do a weekly roundup to show the ones that made the cut. Thanks folks.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-21-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Lightbulb Galacta

I'll start off the suggestions, Conn, and I also make avatars myself. As a Fantastic Four fan, I've got covers from Galacta: Daughter of Galactus (who is tangentially connected to the FF) digital comics to submit.

https://i.annihil.us/s/prod/marvel/d...55e0f9a0cbb247
    https://i.annihil.us/s/prod/marvel/d...92f7d7dbc05080
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm getting blank pages with those links.
    Conn Seanery

Default Request to add some icons to CBR's official icons gallery for users

I noticed that under the Pre-Defined DC:Batman avatars, there are 5 batgirl avatars(Barbara Gordon and Stephanie Brown). I didn't see any Cassandra Cain Batgirl in the Batgirl selections there, so I thought that I would like to volunteer a collection of my favorites for the moderators to choose one or two and add on. Since there's a limit for pictures per post, I'll post them all in batches. If other people have Cass avatars, or would like to choose their favorite Cass avatar, you're welcome to speak up in the thread too.

These are all taken from official DC art(both covers and official panels). Little to no editing done to them(the most is probably resizing and cropping). She is also in costume in all of them, with varying degrees of masked-ness.

Last edited by Zainu; 07-27-2016 at 03:04 AM.

If anyone can notify the proper authorities in charge of official avatar creation/adjustments, that would be great, thanks.

yes please

Extraordinary Member

Where can i find a link to the existing Avatar database? I want to check which characters have been represented

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Where can i find a link to the existing Avatar database? I want to check which characters have been represented
    On your Settings page, left side under My Profile there's an option to Edit Avatar. That's where you'll find the drop down menu for the different avatar categories.
    Conn Seanery

Extraordinary Member

All Might

304527.jpg

Thanks. Added All Might (and Toshinori Yagi).

Also added a few Cassandra Cain Batgirls.

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-24-2016 at 01:21 AM.
    Conn Seanery

could you do mine?

or maybe someone can leave it here?

I apologize for making a thread without first noticing/reading this one. I should've looked around the forum closer.

Also, I know that you already picked and made some Cassandra avatars, but is it okay if I still suggest some images that I think are avatar-making worthy?

p47_5 copy.jpg
    p50_30 copy.jpg

p23_9 copy.jpg For Nick =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    could you do mine?

or maybe someone can leave it here?
    CC.jpg Be sure to drink your Ovaltine
    Conn Seanery