Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Given Sony's Emails that is higher then I expect from them.

Storm getting by on name recognition for that 2nd Place. Worst is pretty fair.

Jean was the best part of the movie. Storm unfortunately had noting to do ONCE AGAIN but the actress did a commendable job with what she had. Her street their scenes pre-transformation were pretty well acted.

Everything else was varying degrees of meh to me as it felt like the story was spinning its wheels and was a mess plot wise. I truly feel like they need a new direction because I'm just so over whatever is happening right now. They have the new x-crew. Get a better writer and director already.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Rose McGowan was incredibly idiotic with her commentary.

There should be a woman director if there is a woman that proves to be most qualified for the job, not a woman given the job just because. If a woman is most qualified for the position, just as any man would need to prove (and not all men that have helmed an X-Men movie have proven to be the best fit), then by all means, bring them on. I do not know any specific female directors myself, but if there is one, awesome.

There was nothing even remotely sexist about the ad. That was such a ridiculous accusation to make. Apocalypse was choking Mystique because 1. She attacked him first, slicing his throat and 2. She was the iconic hero, a symbol for everything that stood against him. Putting a woman in that sort of position of power is hardly sexist.
    Depicting violence on women? Please. This is a movie where WOMEN save the day and are the heroes. Say what you will about Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, one thing that character is NOT is a weak woman. Then it is another woman, Jean Grey, who ultimately saves the day, saving the MAN on the Astral Plane, and defeating the "God" in the physical realm, in the most awesome display of power in the entire movie.

Rose has no clue what she is talking about.
    Genuine question. Are you a white male?

BANNED

Do you even have to ask? Franchise spends most of his time Mansplaining and Whitesplaning away.

BANNED

The stars of the movie were Magneto, Quicksilver, Apocalypse, Jean Grey, Xavier, and of course Mystique was pushed hard. She got NO REACTION in the theater I was in. Everyone GASPED when Magneto's daughter got killed. Everyone was laughing hard when Quicksilver did his parts and had one liners and the APocalypse fight. There was a little reaction to some of the Jean/Cyclops interaction. Xavier and the Moira part got a lot of laughter too. When Magneto THREW those metal spears at Apocalypse when he had everyone beat...everyone cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If you didn't see the movie or know what the X-Men were about, all you see is a large blue man choking a skinny blue woman. In real life where on average men are much physically stronger than women and where some women deal with domestic violence, even an image like this can be extremely uncomfortable.

Fox conceded to Rose's point and is taking down the image. Obviously if she didn't feel what she was right and didn't feel this criticism coming from other quarters they wouldn't have done this.

Half of film school graduates are women, and yet Fox can't find any women directors to direct their films for their slate for the next two years? If any other industry did this they would be in so much trouble it's not even funny. Rose was right to call them out on this again. Of course they can find women directors. The fact that Fox is tripping all over themselves to address Rose's criticism proves her point.
    lol, please, by that logic there should not be ANY violence in ANY promotional material ANYWHERE because there are ALWAYS going to be people who suffer physical abuse! Both men and women can be physically abused by others and come across movie posters and other promos showing a man or a woman getting their ass kicked. Let's just completely ban violence from everything! That'll certainly solve the whole issue. :eyeroll:

Besides maybe someone shouldn't be commenting and bitching about a promo image for a movie they haven't even bothered to see. Not to mention that these pointless complaints take away from real issues that are actually problematic and are in more dire need of fixing than some small promo poster for a superhero film. People are so frigging sensitive these days. Always someone is crying how they don't like something and how everything is so offending. Perhaps one shouldn't live on planet Earth if one feels the need to be offended by every little thing. I think that people like that are so offensive and frankly, stupid. Also the quote I saw seemed to imply that if it was a white straight male being strangled by literally anyone it would have been okay. To me that sounds kind of offensive. What does the person imply by that? That violence is a-okay as long as the victim is a white straight male? It's good to know that she only cares about victims of abuse who aren't white straight males. If you asked me I would say that abuse is never right, regardless of the skin colour or the gender or the sexual orientation of the victim or the abuser but I guess I need to take a long hard look at the mirror to think about what I'm contributing to society.

And Fox taking the poster down doesn't really validate her frankly stupid complaints, it only shows once again that big companies rather bow down to most butthurt moaners and whiners than take a stand on trivial things like that.

She did however have a good point about Fox needing to hire more female directors (and minority directors for that matter) but as pointed out already this is not an issue only at Fox but in the industry as a whole and it seems that Fox is actually faring better than all the other major studios and is actually second best placed even after taking into account many of the smaller studios which frankly surprised me considering how poorly female characters have been handled in most FoX-Men films.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Funny how you all but ignore Nightcrawler even though he was third on the list, maybe because he's not "high powered"? The X-team would have all been dead in the jet crash and Xavier would have become Apocalypse without Kurt, so don't minimize his contribution. He had some pretty good fight scenes although I would have liked to see him take on someone besides Angel. Plus, he really did rock that Thriller jacket!

To the question about Singer, I'd like him gone. Maybe then we would get an X-Men movie that didn't center around Magneto, Xavier, and Mystique. A Nightcrawler without those stupid scars and nails and isn't conveniently limited by an electrical field (talk about a cop-out) would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    lol, please, by that logic there should not be ANY violence in ANY promotional material ANYWHERE because there are ALWAYS going to be people who suffer physical abuse! Both men and women can be physically abused by others and come across movie posters and other promos showing a man or a woman getting their ass kicked. Let's just completely ban violence from everything! That'll certainly solve the whole issue. :eyeroll:

Besides maybe someone shouldn't be commenting and bitching about a promo image for a movie they haven't even bothered to see. Not to mention that these pointless complaints take away from real issues that are actually problematic and are in more dire need of fixing than some small promo poster for a superhero film. People are so frigging sensitive these days. Always someone is crying how they don't like something and how everything is so offending. Perhaps one shouldn't live on planet Earth if one feels the need to be offended by every little thing. I think that people like that are so offensive and frankly, stupid. Also the quote I saw seemed to imply that if it was a white straight male being strangled by literally anyone it would have been okay. To me that sounds kind of offensive. What does the person imply by that? That violence is a-okay as long as the victim is a white straight male? It's good to know that she only cares about victims of abuse who aren't white straight males. If you asked me I would say that abuse is never right, regardless of the skin colour or the gender or the sexual orientation of the victim or the abuser but I guess I need to take a long hard look at the mirror to think about what I'm contributing to society.

And Fox taking the poster down doesn't really validate her frankly stupid complaints, it only shows once again that big companies rather bow down to most butthurt moaners and whiners than take a stand on trivial things like that.

She did however have a good point about Fox needing to hire more female directors (and minority directors for that matter) but as pointed out already this is not an issue only at Fox but in the industry as a whole and it seems that Fox is actually faring better than all the other major studios and is actually second best placed even after taking into account many of the smaller studios which frankly surprised me considering how poorly female characters have been handled in most FoX-Men films.
    So you're offended that people get offended.

I don't disagree with all of your points, actually; I just find it funny when people are so offended by people who have "thin skin". It's ironic.