Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I loved what Peter David was doing with her in All New X-Factor. I'd like to see a certain retcon undone and have Lorna and Pietro go on adventures together again, written by David.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The biggest problem with her in the movies is she has an identical mutant ability to an uber famous character and she is also his daughter? Like wtf practically a clone character like X-23 at that point

I am aware in the comics she has a richer history but IM just saying for a general audience... she has problems
    Jean and Xavier have the same powers. Psylocke too.

I wish editors and writers would just stop messing around and keep Havok and Polaris as part of an X team longer than 6 issues to a year. Polaris and Havok have been two of my favorites since I was a kid and i've always felt both were under utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I loved what Peter David was doing with her in All New X-Factor. I'd like to see a certain retcon undone and have Lorna and Pietro go on adventures together again, written by David.
    While that would be nice, I would like to see Lorna back interacting with the core X-Men as well. As a hero she never gets to do that for very long because she isn't part of the O5 nor All New X-Men or any of the later teams until the Austen/Milligan era. The view of comic writers by in large is they have enough X-Women, so when she spends significant time with the A listers it's usually as either a mind controlled villain or in the early 00s era some middle ground position.

This is the reason Lorna seems cursed as some on this thread have said. Until they find a position for her as some have talked about that stakes out her own ground she will never he able to stand along side in the eyes of writers Rogue, Storm, or even later X-women.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-09-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Jean and Xavier have the same powers. Psylocke too.
    Thinking about how Jean and Xavier relationship was done in Apocalypse, now I think it could be actually cool to have Lorna as this kind of counterpart, with Magneto! Lol.

The X-Men have a shitload of telepaths and characters who can punch things really hard. Why is it an issue to have two characters with the power of Magnetism?

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    The X-Men have a shitload of telepaths and characters who can punch things really hard. Why is it an issue to have two characters with the power of Magnetism?
    It's a double standard because no writer has done it as in we never had two EM manipulators on the same ongoing for more then one arc many think it can't be done.

Things often seem impossible if they have never been done until someone does it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-09-2016 at 12:33 PM.

BANNED

They might as well do it and officially have Lorna join Uncanny because she's not gonna fight Magneto out of the blue. No chance. Im eager to see Lorna and Briar brought over later this year.

Ultimate Member

She'd have reason to fight if not dislike Magneto after how he used her...again...so far she's only going to be a guest star sometime in Uncanny...she and Alex get relegated to second tier status because of the likes of Jean, Scott, Storm, and others...

BANNED

Used her win? And where was this anger for such use? It doesn't exist.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Because they're related and magnetism is a much more unique ability than telepathy or punching hard. It's obvious.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Can Lorna control the iron and magnesium in people to magnet control them? Possibly even nerfing their power levels?

Astonishing Member

Theoretically, I supposed. But editors will never let her be that powerful, unless they make her evil....

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Can she create wormholes through spacetime, and after dying live on as a being of raw energy?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Can Lorna control the iron and magnesium in people to magnet control them? Possibly even nerfing their power levels?
    Not long after she returned in X Factor, she made that guy point that gun at his head and blow his head off after he tried to kill Havok.