Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
    No PIS allowed is actually quite refreshing, although good luck getting people to not bring it up.
    You are bringing it up when you say stuff like Slade can tag The Flash

But do you think if he prepped for ONE of them for a week, that he couldn't come out with a victory?
    Probably no

Depends on who, of course, but even high tier characters can get hit. Flash isn't always moving at light speed.
    Yes he is. As in he can react to stuff from a standstill. bullets for example.

GL isn't always armored or using highest concentration.
    I dunno what you are arguing about here with reference to Slade/Kyle. Kyle just stood there like a moron without doing anything and tried to throw a punch at Slade. A punch. Its not even like Slade caught him by surprise or anything

And whats even more insulting is how Kyle previously just trapped Slade in a green prison like a joke.

Manhunter isn't always intangible.
    No he isnt. which is why someone like Wally can beat him

However considering he has close to light speed reflexes , someone like Batman going "all i need is a pack of matches" isnt even going to bother him

Or, no he is not always intangible but he can (most of the time) react fast enough to go intangible

Kraven can hit Spidey and he isn't on his level speed wise or anything, yet it's not PIS. He's just that skilled, and has studied Spidey enough to know how he moves and how to trap him.
    Deathstroke is not Kraven. He isnt a guy who has been presented as a good workout for Peter since Day 1 , with potions /clean living / whatever comic book reason has been given to show they are on a comparable level

Slade is a guy who struggles to put down Batman.

Slade is just fast enough, just strong enough and just smart enough that if he planned it out, he can hit Spidey.
    This is very unlikely unless you mean with a gun. even then he has to do some ridiculous stuff like have multiple bombs go off, and throw citizens off rooftops or stuff for pete to be distracted enough to get shot

and even then its unlikely given "lol spider sense"

With a lethal hit, no less.
    presumably you mean with some sort of fancy gun because Slade sure as hell cant land a lethal hit with his fists alone

It may seem unlikely to some because omg Spidey powers, but I can see it. Pete is not untouchable. He's always holding back and he's not always moving at his fastest or using his full strength. He even ignores his spider sense at times, or he can't avoid the particular danger, even though he's fully aware of it.
    and what do we call all that? You know the very thing you said you were not going to bring up?

Anyway rumbles rules specify a character is always fighting at full capacity unless stated otherwise

The JL solo feat may be malarky, but at the very least, it is consistent with Slade's tactics efficiency,
    What....I honestly didnt see any "tactics" in that fight other than people acting real stupid/ forgetting their powers altogether

which can be applied against anyone. Now, whether he has the raw power or utilized the right tools to administer the finishing blow is another matter.
    I cant see how his "tactics" of having people forget their powers is going to work in a PIS-off battle

My personal opinion? Spider-Man takes it, but if someone argued the other way, I wouldn't automatically write it off as lolnewb.
    Im not writing you off as a newb given that i am one myself. its just that your reasoning is not making sense to me when you start with a claim of you not using PIS as an argument
    Last edited by Matt the Manly; 05-02-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Great scans; thanks for posting.
    "We're #1! We're #1! All others are #2 or lower!"

Mighty Member

As said the reason Slade vs. The JLA is PIS of the highest order is-

A) Kyle can blow up planets and contain supernovas
    B) Wally outran death

In what way can Deathstroke win against those 2 in a straight up fight w/prep?

I'm not familiar with Deathstroke but does he basically have no superpowers and is like Captain America only evil?

And even if he can negate Peter's Spider-Sense, he still has that "Way of the Spider" training. He learned to live without his Spider Sense for awhile and then when it came back he was an absolute beast in combat.

I honestly don't see prep helping him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I'm pretty certain we still function under the 3 scans per comic limit for board posting rules.
    This is correct. The excessive posts have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    I'm not familiar with Deathstroke but does he basically have no superpowers and is like Captain America only evil?
    Deathstroke is slightly metahuman, I think. Enough to put him a bit above the likes of Batman and Captain America in stats despite his somewhat lesser skill in hand to hand, but certainly nowhere near the level of Spiderman.

Or so it was before the DC reboot. I don't know where he stands in the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    This is correct. The excessive posts have been deleted.
    Almost all of those scans you deleted were from different comics. There was one or two scenes with five scans from a single comic but the majority were two or three per comic. The art is very different between each scene so I'm not sure why it's against the rules... How else can someone provide evidence?

Fantastic Member

I'd say Deathstroke only chance is a scenario where he kidnaps Aunt May, Mary Jane, etc. After that he'd need to rig them with enough explosion it could level a few city block. At that point he'd need to hide and hope Spider-man doesn't find him, or figure out a way to easily disable the explosives. Some kind of timer or something would be required. Of course, peter literally saved someone from just this kind bombs all around scenario very recently. Norman rigged a roof with hundreds of pumpkin bombs and spidey was still able to save the day. So...yeah...

Slade prepping WOULD involve him getting hold of a gas attack that could slow Spidey, even disable his Spider-Sense. He'd pull a Black Cat and rig the area with traps (bombs, knockout gas, etc.). That's how he took out most of the Titans in "The Judas Contract". His best strength showings put him around classic Cap/Selene to Kraven showings strength-wise. At least he was strong enough to surprise Donna Troy and win a "Magic Lasso Tug-Of-War"! He's fast enough to dodge gunfire--several showings, from his debut in NTT #2 to NTT Annual 3--and energy blasts.

Speaking of energy blasts, Slade survived a point-blank blast in the chest from Starfire at full power. He might not match Spidey straight up in stats, but he's no weakling, either!
    Last edited by Tangent Man; 05-07-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Deathstroke is slightly metahuman, I think. Enough to put him a bit above the likes of Batman and Captain America in stats despite his somewhat lesser skill in hand to hand, but certainly nowhere near the level of Spiderman.

Or so it was before the DC reboot. I don't know where he stands in the New 52.
    He's running around with Nth Metal Armor now last I checked, IIRC, it gave him some level of superhuman durability. At least enough to take hits from New 52 Lobo, but I'm not all that knowledgeable on either of them.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    He's running around with Nth Metal Armor now last I checked, IIRC, it gave him some level of superhuman durability. At least enough to take hits from New 52 Lobo, but I'm not all that knowledgeable on either of them.
    that's the one lobo appearance
    :
    Deathstroke is slightly more meta but more or less the same guy

Just operating at a higher level you could say
    Last edited by Froggy; 05-07-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tangent Man View Post
    Spade prepping WOULD involve him getting hold of a gas attack that could slow Spidey, even disable his Spider-Sense.
    Slade has never, ever shown the kind of science to do that. Where does that idea come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    that's the one lobo appearance
    It's also not the real Lobo. Real Lobo, when he showed up, was at least able to not get flat out murdered, when Kara started laying into him.

:
    Deathstroke is slightly more meta but more or less the same guy

Just operating at a higher level you could say
    His armor's operating at a higher level. Slade's about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Slade has never, ever shown the kind of science to do that. Where does that idea come from?
    Who the hell is Spade, anyway?

How strong is the guy? Is Spiderman about to meet a gravelly demise? Did Spiderman delve too quickly and too deep?

.. what do the Molemen think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Dude, he'll STEAL it or get it from a contact.

@Chthulhu: "Spade" is the alternate Deathstroke from Earth-iPad Autocorrect.
    Last edited by Tangent Man; 05-07-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangent Man View Post
    Dude, he'll STEAL it or get it from a contact.
    With prep, characters get access to their own resources. Not outside help or objects that they can steal from others.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.